Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Window Tint Officially Legalized in Illinois?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-09, 12:01 AM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not yet from my understanding
Old 05-26-09, 12:09 AM
CopperShot
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A simple vote is needed now. It shouldn't see any problems with the passage of the amendment (new language of the bill). Seeing as they did pass it originally and just made a few corrections/adjustments, causing it to be delayed again

Even to make this whole process more complicated... once a bill is passed by both houses, the Speaker of the House (Michael Madigan) has 30 days to send it to the Governor.

Once it hits the Governors Desk, he has 60 days to sign or veto (which veto means he opposes the bill-and if a bill is veto'd the House and Senate have to vote on the bill again-it has to pass this time with a super-majority) the bill.

So even if there aren't any roadblocks getting the amendment passed, there is still a possibility that we are almost 90 days before the bill becomes law.

Right now it's just a waiting game.
Old 05-26-09, 05:14 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ okay so does this mean its now 50%?? and does it mean that if you have tinted rear windows already then they are allowing you to have front tints "or" is this for the SUV's that have the factory tints?? I hope they didnt change from 35% all around to 50%.
Old 05-26-09, 06:29 AM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

I hope it's at least 35% all around. I have 35% on my fronts and 20% in the back. I have had it for about a year or so. No problems with cops at all, even after getting pulled over once. (knocking on wood)
Old 05-26-09, 08:26 AM
CopperShot
Driver

Originally Posted by passnu2
^ okay so does this mean its now 50%?? and does it mean that if you have tinted rear windows already then they are allowing you to have front tints "or" is this for the SUV's that have the factory tints?? I hope they didnt change from 35% all around to 50%.
They just had to add some words I believe it's still 35% from this part of the bill,

"not allow less than 50% light transmittance (or less than 35% light transmittance if the windows to the rear of the driver already have certain window treatment applied)

So if you have 35% on the rear, you can go no darker than 35% up front.
Old 05-26-09, 10:09 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-26-09, 04:34 PM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

ALL-Riiight!
Old 05-26-09, 04:44 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

so if you have factory tints they allow 50% on the fronts "or" 35% all around if you do the tints yourself. I cant wait any longer
Old 05-27-09, 09:16 AM
CopperShot
Driver

Originally Posted by passnu2
so if you have factory tints they allow 50% on the fronts "or" 35% all around if you do the tints yourself. I cant wait any longer
Correct!
Old 05-27-09, 08:11 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

So this is set? We can go get out tints done as of now? Or is this just another hopes and dreams thing?
Old 05-28-09, 01:13 AM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

hey guys i've been MIA for a few months. LOL. this is great news, i have front tints on my car, but the funny thing is i havnt driven my car for 8months. still finishing up that project.

anywho i think that no front plate thing is stupid. most traffic camera only get the back not the front. the front is what i believe what cops use to get you when your speeding. in illinois cops use Lidar guns, in indiana they use radar such as k and ka band which requires no plates and uses the whole car as a bounce back for the signal.

i scored a 50 dollar fine for no front plates in downtown 2 days ago, cops have nothing better to do. i got pissed off for that ticket. i was hoping i do get a ticket while i was at the watertower....
Old 05-28-09, 11:54 AM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Deception
hey guys i've been MIA for a few months. LOL. this is great news, i have front tints on my car, but the funny thing is i havnt driven my car for 8months. still finishing up that project.

anywho i think that no front plate thing is stupid. most traffic camera only get the back not the front. the front is what i believe what cops use to get you when your speeding. in illinois cops use Lidar guns, in indiana they use radar such as k and ka band which requires no plates and uses the whole car as a bounce back for the signal.

i scored a 50 dollar fine for no front plates in downtown 2 days ago, cops have nothing better to do. i got pissed off for that ticket. i was hoping i do get a ticket while i was at the watertower....
Yeah, cops in the city-area are very picky about have plates on the front. Every time I have parked my car overnight there, I have gotten a ticket about 30-40% of the time.. but I still refuse to put one on.. until they start doing it in the burbs, which i have never gotten pulled over for..
Old 05-28-09, 02:09 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Deception

so which means if i go to chicago i'll be rarely pulled over for speeding because i have no front platess?
Old 05-28-09, 04:30 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by acefalcon2
so which means if i go to chicago i'll be rarely pulled over for speeding because i have no front platess?
CPD has bigger problems on theyre hands than speeding (shootings drugs gangs etc) I fly through the city streets when i see it safe. but usualy i tug around 30mph this is not including d-town
Old 05-28-09, 06:08 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by aliti19
ALL-Riiight!
hey did Cesar change his # I left him a message a week ago and just tried to call again? I want to get this done. Can you PM or text me if you have my cell to make sure I have the current # for him.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Window Tint Officially Legalized in Illinois?