2nd Official Midwest Meet/BBQ June 28th Busse Woods

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-08, 03:29 PM
toyrolla07
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaugster
Hey all,

I might be interested in attending as well. Busse opens at sunrise right? I might get there early and do some fishing before the BBQ gets going. But then again, this weather has got the fish spooked.

Regards,

yes it opens at sunrise
Old 06-11-08, 03:39 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by toyrolla07
the meet should be starting around 9 am or so
9 AM seems VERY early. Do you expect a lot of people to show up then? I will probably make it by 12 PM since I will wash the car before I come. How long are you guys staying?

Originally Posted by passnu2
Nice Vik do you go to the track at all??
Naw. I don't think it would be able to hold it's own. The @$$ is way too light. Especially with 1/4 tank. I have access to another car that would be much better for tracking.
Old 06-11-08, 03:54 PM
toyrolla07
Rookie

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
9 AM seems VERY early. Do you expect a lot of people to show up then? I will probably make it by 12 PM since I will wash the car before I come. How long are you guys staying?

Naw. I don't think it would be able to hold it's own. The @$$ is way too light. Especially with 1/4 tank. I have access to another car that would be much better for tracking.
well I have to be there before 9 am since I have the permit, there are gonna be maybe 10 or so people there at 9 but thats to set things up get the food ready and all that fun stuff

I am sure majority of the people will be coming 11-1ish or so

i am thinking we will be wrapping things up around 330-4ish to head on up to the Oakbrook Toyota show.
Old 06-12-08, 02:35 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

If I come in the GS430, can someone save me a spot with the more elite Lexus owners? ....and I don't mean the "SC" guys, because seriously, we all know those cars are just the rwd versions of the Celica.

If I come in the Honda, just save me a spot in between the Toyota Corollas and the Supras. It doesn't scream 'I have a small *****' like the Supras, and is small enough to go un-noticed among the cars that get less attention than the Prius. Actually with the same reasoning, if there's no room between the Supras and the Corollas, then just put me between the IS-F's and the 1st gen IS's.

Now that I've thoroughly offended all the Toyota/Lexus people, I'm tentatively in (if Scion guys are showing up, then I'm out for sure....there, got all my Toyota peeps):

1. DIrEctQL
2. dkaplan435 (20 liters of club soda)
3. dkaplan435's wife (David & Maggie)
4. smuv gs3
5. passnu2
6. Lex-Fiend
7. cHiTwNGS43
8. neurocity
9. Brian231
10. Lexus Kid (maybe)
11. 97-SC300
12. sc300STED (maybe)
13. DRE1615
14. VikDiddy (maybe)
15. SickSC3 (maybe)
16. Gaugster (maybe)
17. A.Baker (maybe)
18. getdowng
19. Luder94

See you guys there! BTW, if I come in my Honda, please feel free to make fun of my small little 2.0L. If I come in the Lexus, then badger me on the paint.
Old 06-12-08, 02:38 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

BTW, what's with all the 'maybe' folk? C'mon, let get some participation going.

For the past couple of years, we've all complained about the lack of activity....it's here, in front of you, and organized.

You all better show!
Old 06-12-08, 02:55 PM
toyrolla07
Rookie

There are some of us on 9th Gen that don't want the Scions coming

Also update:::::

We will be located in Grove 21

I will update first post.
Old 06-12-08, 03:33 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what's wrong with the scions? aren't they as much a toyota as a lexus? ;-)
Old 06-12-08, 03:37 PM
toyrolla07
Rookie

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
what isin't wrong with them?

I dont know, its some of the guys but whatever

The way things look is that we are expecting 60+ cars to show up

The max we can have is 80 cars and a total of 95 people
Old 06-12-08, 04:01 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
I agree Dave! cant we just all get along and have fun

Originally Posted by toyrolla07
what isin't wrong with them?

I dont know, its some of the guys but whatever

The way things look is that we are expecting 60+ cars to show up

The max we can have is 80 cars and a total of 95 people
Leave the personal stuff at home or dont go! If this is how things are going to be then I am not interested in going!

and if we can have 80 cars then we are 20 or so short! so step it up boys!!

I think our biggest issue is the 95 people? how many are going to have someone ride with them? I wonder what our limit was for our first Lexus meet? they didnt harass us at all....

so lets put this personal stuff to the side and have the largest turn out to date!

Mike
Old 06-12-08, 04:01 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Luder94
BTW, what's with all the 'maybe' folk? C'mon, let get some participation going.

For the past couple of years, we've all complained about the lack of activity....it's here, in front of you, and organized.

You all better show!
Old 06-12-08, 04:03 PM
toyrolla07
Rookie

Originally Posted by passnu2
I agree Dave! cant we just all get along and have fun

Leave the personal stuff at home or dont go! If this is how things are going to be then I am not interested in going!

and if we can have 80 cars then we are 20 or so short! so step it up boys!!

I think our biggest issue is the 95 people? how many are going to have someone ride with them? I wonder what our limit was for our first Lexus meet? they didnt harass us at all....

so lets put this personal stuff to the side and have the largest turn out to date!

Mike
well the max capacity for our Grove is 95 people, that is what is on my permit and I don't want to be fined for being over capacity

also we really need people to help contribute, we don't want to have only a handful of people bring stuff in and everyone else take advantage, bring some ice, utensils, water, etc

let me know

Last edited by toyrolla07; 06-12-08 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-12-08, 04:22 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^^thats why we need sponsors! who is going to be a vendor on here?? Evan I think was his name?

what exactly do you boys need?? the last meet we just had some food but it was catered from Woodfield Lexus...we didn't bring anything and I am positive there was no alcohol?

Is there going to be a grill? and is someone going to cook if we have food??

sounds like many are going to arrive around or after the lunch hour and then going to another meet so most will probably stick for a few hours? just wonder what we really need????
Old 06-12-08, 05:05 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

I don't plan to bring anything to share. I'm going to come around noon with some Portillo's in tote. Depending on the Chicago Lexus crowd, if they head over to the second meet, I may go with them.

I think that I may be bringing my son, so an all day 'car-thing' is going to be out for me.

BTW, I apologize for starting something that shouldn't have been started. I was only kidding earlier. I'm guessing the "Scion" thing close to the "Honda-Tech" thing I have from the S2000-owner's perspective. The stereotype is that the Honda-Tech guys tends to be younger, more immature, and do stupid things at meets. I'd much rather not be associated with it, but also being an older 'tuner' in the scene, I should set the example and befriend as many other tuners as possible.

In fact, had I stuck to my elistest-tuner mentality, I most likely wouldn't have graced my presence with this community !!!! People like DirectQL, Neuro, Aliti, ChitownGS, etc. wouldn't have gotten the pleasure of meeting me.

, I'm just on a roll today. BTW, seriously, I've met a lot of great people (old AND young) by just giving them a chance and me stepping out of my preconceived notions.
Old 06-12-08, 05:35 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^^Okay I agree then we really dont need to bring anything. BYOB if you want stuff then? do we all agree on this??

I will also have my son with me so we need to confirm the 95 person limit? I find it hard to believe they allow 80 cars but only 95 people in the area?? That was some creative thinking?!?!?
Old 06-12-08, 06:12 PM
toyrolla07
Rookie

Here is a list of the basic stuff, we have some of these items. I know we will only have one grill so if someone wants to bring another

Grill
Charcoal
Drinks
Snacks
BBQ meat
Burgers,Buns and others
Cooler
Ice
Condiments
Utensils
Game Boxes

Also if anyone has a softball bat and some bases so we can get a game going

Now the person limit is due to the permit that I got, Since when this all started we figured it would of been a smaller meet but now it has expanded and Grove 21 is the only one that is open

So there is parking for 80 cars and I am sure people will be in and out so we should be fine with the amount of people attending, so feel free to bring whoever you want

Last edited by toyrolla07; 06-12-08 at 06:47 PM.

Quick Reply: 2nd Official Midwest Meet/BBQ June 28th Busse Woods