Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Chicago Tint Shop Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-12, 07:11 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys no one is forcing you to go see Cesar....I hate to break it but he does minimal for us as a group and probably gives us more at the end of the day.

What will not be tolerated here is FREE plugs when not being a sponsor. Man up and pay the fee if your going to plug your business all over the Chicago section. I have NO respect for this. I don't plug my business on here and I paid out of pocket for the permit and a few other things.
Old 06-20-12, 02:47 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
Interesting that that is your response to what I said. This guy that charged your buddy $230? It was Caesar?...or now your just generalizing?
To clarify...
To hear of a price from Caesar that high, is news to me.

Lexus on Division... Gee...that Lamborghini I mentioned. Owned by Kevin McGrath. Anyone want to take a stab at who owns the Lexus Dealership on Division... Anyone?

Amazing, your buddy had a Lexus done by Caesar that was botched. Any Lexus that comes in there now, Is assumed they are from CL. I'm assuming your buddy is a member here. Did he take pictures right away. I know I would have.
I'm talking about two different people. I've attempted several times to tint my windows myself since I don't work and in school. Almost $200 for film I can't do that. It'll take me a month or more just to save that up. When I looked on here, I see lots of people recommending Caesar. One of my friend's (the one who was charged $160) Honda Accord was broken into so he wanted it tinted. So I told him about Caesar. He went the same week and Caesar tinted his whole car under an hour. But recently, I was working on his car and noticed the edges on the side windows have air bubbles and the rear window along the edges, the film is creased and coming off the glass. However, he doesn't care about how good the tints are and selling his car ATM so he could care less.

After my friend who has an IS250 seen the tint job, he didn't want to go to Caesar since my DIY tint job on his car and mine was almost just as good. So one of my other friends recommended me a guy named Tony from Tints Unlimited who has been tinting a long time and says he's the best. The IS250 guy goes for a quote and Tony told him $230 to tint and $60 to remove the current DIY tint I did for him. For $290 total, we were expecting a really job tint job but there's lint still stuck in the windows.

I will be by far willing to support vendors here especially now that I started working, I can afford tints to be professionally done but I want it absolutely perfect. My DIY tint job came out pretty good just that there's a few imperfections. And I wouldn't mind having Caesar do it but I'm not the type that complains when something turns out bad.

I'm going to give one more attempt at tinting my windows later this month. I'll be taking out each and every window glass and tinting the whole glass in my kitchen so no lint from the weather-stripping gets on the glass. If that goes bad, I'll bring it to Caesar.

But no, my buddy with the IS250 isn't a member here. He literally just asks me for anything 2IS related.

Does anyone on here have tints on a 2IS done by Caesar? At the meet, I noticed no 2IS had tints that I considered "perfect". My neighbor has a really good tint job on his IS350 and when I asked him, he said he bought the car new with it tinted.

Last edited by chi123; 06-20-12 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-20-12, 05:16 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 211 Likes on 161 Posts

Going to see Caesar in about an hour!
Old 10-20-12, 08:27 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by geko29
Going to see Caesar in about an hour!
Tell him you know me.
Old 10-20-12, 11:39 AM
MnM24
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need some tints done for my RX, I live in the suburbs but don't want to get pulled over by the cops though
Old 10-20-12, 02:21 PM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 211 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
Tell him you know me.
Didn't know your first name, but I did tell him I was from CL. He did a great job putting 35% all around on my 335d for $150. it looks badass. I'll take some pics once it settles and the few bubbles work out.
Old 10-20-12, 03:29 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chi123

Does anyone on here have tints on a 2IS done by Caesar? At the meet, I noticed no 2IS had tints that I considered "perfect". My neighbor has a really good tint job on his IS350 and when I asked him, he said he bought the car new with it tinted.
He tinted my IS350, sold it years ago, but I had no bubbles or issues. I have had bubbles in tint before from many places in the past. It sound like your being "too" picky. I'm **** about my cars and parts that go on them and doing 90% of the work myself so I know the work was done right the first time with no hacking done. But for any tint installer, regardless of how long, can have a bad day. I would think installing in Chicago vs. the burbs would also make it harder with the wind in the city. Lets face it the streets are not necessary clean and only so much you can control.

I know Cesar, along with many, will stand behind their work. I think when I was in High School riggs brothers did my car 3 times because I wanted it "perfect" and eventually I was kicked out and not welcome back.

Have any pics of your DIY? (I know its hard to capture in pics) I always wanted to try this at least once and have a car to do it on but wondering if I will create more work having to remove it like your buddy decided.

Most of the IS guys that Cesar tinted have sold their cars. I'm sure there are pics from prior meets that myself or Vikh put together if you search.
Old 10-20-12, 04:16 PM
MnM24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MnM24
Need some tints done for my RX, I live in the suburbs but don't want to get pulled over by the cops though
Bump.........
Old 10-20-12, 06:46 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^you wont have issues in the burbs

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 6 inches of the windshield. Front side windows Must allow more than 35% of light in. Back side windows Must allow more than 35% of light in. Rear window Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Combinations 1. 30-35% in the rear / up to 50% in front.
2. If you have below 30% tint in the rear, you can not tint the front.
3. If you have an MPV, which includes but is not limited to SUVs, station wagons, minivans, etc. and said MPV has factory-installed privacy glass (smoked), you are allowed to have up to 50% tint in front.
Old 10-21-12, 08:10 AM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MnM24
Bump.........
You definitely will be fine in the burbs. Try to park in private lots in the city. Sent you info.

George
Old 10-22-12, 04:45 PM
MnM24
Intermediate

Is 35% for all the windows (I have four of them) that dark? I'm pretty sure my RX has the back two windows slightly tinted, but don't know the tint %
Old 10-22-12, 05:22 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ your legally allowed 50% on the fronts. Many I know, including myself, have run 35% and never had any issues but they can issue a ticket. If you want to play it safe then go with 50%.

Cesar @ Logan Square Tints did our Audi SUV about 2 years ago that I had the rear side windows tinted on top of the factory "smoked" as the state calls it. Left the rear alone and had 35% on the front two doors and then the darkest they had for the front windshield. Worked in the city back then and had no issues and haven't had any issues in the burbs for years.
Old 10-22-12, 05:33 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Old 10-22-12, 05:34 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

You couldnt see thru the rear windows and it made the fronts "look" lighter then they actually were.
Old 10-25-12, 12:47 PM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Theres a guy in Milwaukee, who I think is the best tint guy around here.
He is the onlyl guy I know of, who has a plotter to cut the flim according to the templates he downloads. Also, he is the only guy I know, who will tint the front windshield to perfection! I mean - absolutely perfect. Of course, its illegal to tint front windshield but I cannot drive a car without it.
He is not cheap though. I don't recal how much he charges - but I would guess he is about 50% more expensive than others.. and well worth it, in my opinion. Also, he is the only guy I know of who removes each door panel for tinting (rather than trying to put a wedge and squeeze in the film).
In the past 13 years, he made only two mistakes - both times, I could not open one of the doors from the inside. I had to go back and he fixed it in about 5 mins - he forgot to put the cable back on to the door opening handle, I think.

So, with him, you better check all your doors, before you leave..

A few years ago, I had accidentally gone to the store, while he was working on my car. His store is open to walk in, while he is working. His "assistant" was prepping inside of my 2006 audi's windshield and the idiot didn't bother to cover up the dashboard while is is spraying massive amounts of water.. he wet my speakers! The idiot! So, I really yelled at the owner.. and he offered to pay for the speakers, if damaged! Fortunately, that idiot does not work there anymore and I noticed that owner is now covering the dash properly.. especially since I reminded him of the cost of the mark levinson speakers on my lexus! Can you imagine the damage to the front speakers, if they wet them? So, be careful, people! You better make sure that some other knucklehead is not wetting up your speakers,if you ever get your windshield tinted! Less of a problem with rear windshield but still a problem?

Why did I write the negatives, if I am recommending this guy?

I have given him many cars, since 2006 and I am confortable that he covers up the dashboard, before wetting the inside of the windshield..

He is on the south west side of Milwaukee. If any of you are close enough, he is well worth the trip.. the only problem is, some times, he is booked for a month or two ahead!

Send me a PM and I can give the info.. I don't want to put his info here, because I wrote some negative things about him..

Quick Reply: Chicago Tint Shop Thread