Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Chicago Tint Shop Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-12, 10:26 AM
hellomodo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi all, it's been a while, and i seem to have misplaced caesar's info.

can someone send caesar's info to me? tia.
Old 02-21-12, 04:21 PM
infernosun
Driver School Candidate

Ceasar does an awesome job. Ceasar does warn you about the tickets though in chicago.
Old 03-23-12, 07:14 PM
marine1342
Rookie

Any real difference between Llumar ATC and Johnson films? I've heard that Llumar is better, but I know that both of them are dye based films.
Not sure if anyone has any personal experience on either or?
Also could I have Ceaser's info please?
Old 03-29-12, 05:43 AM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by marine1342
Any real difference between Llumar ATC and Johnson films? I've heard that Llumar is better, but I know that both of them are dye based films.
Not sure if anyone has any personal experience on either or?
Also could I have Ceaser's info please?
Ceasar's info is PMed!

I'm not sure with the difference, but my best personal example is my sister's ES (I switch my cars out too often - haha). She's had the Johnson tint from Ceasar on her car since 2004 with a ton of miles, and sun exposure and it still looks great!

George
Old 05-01-12, 09:23 AM
99GSThree
Driver

There should be a sticky with his info. It's not a secret nor illegal anymore.
Old 06-18-12, 09:34 PM
timtim14
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey this is kind of a old thread but if Caesar is still cheap can i get his info as well
Old 06-19-12, 01:18 AM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by timtim14
hey this is kind of a old thread but if Caesar is still cheap can i get his info as well
pmed you the contact info!
Old 06-19-12, 09:56 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cesar is our go to guy for tints. Please make sure to take care of him as he sponsors our local meets. His prices are by far more then fair and better then 90% of anyplace in Chicago and he backs his work up for life.
Old 06-19-12, 08:01 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Didn't Caesar do Kevin's Lamborghini. I saw the Recent GS he did on Facebook. Had to be a local guy... looked sick!
Old 06-19-12, 09:48 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
Cesar is our go to guy for tints. Please make sure to take care of him as he sponsors our local meets. His prices are by far more then fair and better then 90% of anyplace in Chicago and he backs his work up for life.
Was he there for the meet? I was really hoping to ask him to see how good of a tint job he can do on my IS but I couldn't find him. He tinted my friend's car for $160 I think and almost all the windows had air bubbles on the edges.
Old 06-19-12, 10:09 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by neurocity
Didn't Caesar do Kevin's Lamborghini. I saw the Recent GS he did on Facebook. Had to be a local guy... looked sick!
Yea he did, he actually does all the high line dealers in Chicago. Check out his FB page if you havent to see some sick cars that roll thru there.

Originally Posted by chi123
Was he there for the meet? I was really hoping to ask him to see how good of a tint job he can do on my IS but I couldn't find him. He tinted my friend's car for $160 I think and almost all the windows had air bubbles on the edges.
Couldn't say, I haven't heard of anyone having issues and he has tinted 6 cars for me and now handles my close friends cars that owns a few car dealers in Chicago. If you mention that your with CL I can tell you he will do it for less then what your friend paid even though that's still a very good deal. Most shops out in the burbs charge $250

Yes he was at the meet, he was kind enough to raffle off a full tint job for FREE

Logan Square Tints for life
Old 06-19-12, 10:11 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Originally Posted by chi123
Wow that's probably the highest price I've heard. What car was it. Your buddy should take his car back, I'm sure he will take care of the bubbles.
Old 06-20-12, 12:12 AM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
Wow that's probably the highest price I've heard. What car was it. Your buddy should take his car back, I'm sure he will take care of the bubbles.
$160 is the highest price you heard? Wow, one of my friends recently paid $230 to have a guy tint his IS250. Apparently this guy has been tinting windows for 30 plus years and he still didn't do a perfect tint job at the price. The problem here was that there was dirt trapped in the tint. I tried tinting my own windows on my IS and it's always a new problem. First shrinking it was not good, then it was air bubbles, then dirt, and now creases in the film. So unless I can find someone to make it flawless, I'm just not going to bother.

I started working at Lexus on Division this Monday and I've noticed so many dealer tinted cars that were really nice. Got to find out who tints them.
Old 06-20-12, 05:22 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Interesting that that is your response to what I said. This guy that charged your buddy $230? It was Caesar?...or now your just generalizing?
To clarify...
To hear of a price from Caesar that high, is news to me.

Lexus on Division... Gee...that Lamborghini I mentioned. Owned by Kevin McGrath. Anyone want to take a stab at who owns the Lexus Dealership on Division... Anyone?

Amazing, your buddy had a Lexus done by Caesar that was botched. Any Lexus that comes in there now, Is assumed they are from CL. I'm assuming your buddy is a member here. Did he take pictures right away. I know I would have.
Old 06-20-12, 06:52 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Quick Reply: Chicago Tint Shop Thread