Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Gauging interest.......selling my platinum SC400?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-06, 01:01 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Gauging interest.......selling my platinum SC400?!?!

I am thinking about selling my platinum sc400 with black leather. Looking to maybe get something a little bit more sporty?!?! I was looking at mustangs. Like 94 and up gt 5 speeds. 4.6 or 5.0....dont matter. But my question is..........what is my car worth?? It has 166k on her. Runs perfect. No dripping or smoking of anykind. Totally stock ecsept for the staggered konigs on there but those will come off. It has black emblems but they were cheap ones so the blqck is coming off and chrome is showing again!!! The stock rims have brand new tires on them. I think they are pirrellis?! The leather is in rewal good shape. Just the back seat has a little rip....not really a rip though. The threads tore appart?! The leather is in real good shape for the year and mileage. Has tinted windows as well. I am still trying to get pics for everybody from when i first got iy. Let me know what you guys think this is worth!! Thanks, Dan.
Old 06-15-06, 09:17 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Anybody??????
Old 06-15-06, 09:34 PM
BiZ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not interested in the car, but how about that lip? Did you ever get your friend to ship it?
Old 06-16-06, 12:30 AM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BiZ
Not interested in the car, but how about that lip? Did you ever get your friend to ship it?

He was out of town all week on personal business. He is taking it next week. I really appologize for this wait!!! If i wasnt $65 you would have had already.
Old 06-16-06, 07:08 AM
cip
Pole Position

In 12/05 I paid $12k for my Platinum Metallic (w/ black leather) '96 SC400 w/ 91K mi from McGrath -Chicago. The car had maint done at the dealer always by date, not by mileage.

Looking at what's available in our area (from cars.com) the range for your ride w/ the miles is $6.5k - $8K.

If your potential buyer know's SC's they'll prob ask about the timing belt change, bushings, etc.

Why do you want to sell? To much $$$?
Old 06-16-06, 08:03 AM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cip
In 12/05 I paid $12k for my Platinum Metallic (w/ black leather) '96 SC400 w/ 91K mi from McGrath -Chicago. The car had maint done at the dealer always by date, not by mileage.

Looking at what's available in our area (from cars.com) the range for your ride w/ the miles is $6.5k - $8K.

If your potential buyer know's SC's they'll prob ask about the timing belt change, bushings, etc.

Why do you want to sell? To much $$$?

The car is paid off so money is not a issue....ept for major mods are to expensive. I want a manual v-8. I have always liked mustags.
Old 06-16-06, 09:25 AM
BiZ
Intermediate

Try to find a 94 GT if possible. That was the last year of the 5.0. If you go for the 4.6 get a 1999 and up. The 95-98 GT cars were not all that great. They sounded great but not much in the umph department.
Old 06-16-06, 10:33 AM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You just got this SC, why didn't you buy Mustang before. You must be disapointed with your car for some reason, i guess

It is a buyers market, so don't expect high KBB value. I don't like decision you wanna make . It may take forever to find nice 5.0 GT now, since they are older and older, anyway - good luck with sale and search for new ride
Old 06-16-06, 05:46 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LEXSOOS
You just got this SC, why didn't you buy Mustang before. You must be disapointed with your car for some reason, i guess

It is a buyers market, so don't expect high KBB value. I don't like decision you wanna make . It may take forever to find nice 5.0 GT now, since they are older and older, anyway - good luck with sale and search for new ride

I am not dissapointed at all!! I just want something a little bit sportier...cheaper to mod...and manual. I will get another SC eventually.

Originally Posted by BiZ
Try to find a 94 GT if possible. That was the last year of the 5.0. If you go for the 4.6 get a 1999 and up. The 95-98 GT cars were not all that great. They sounded great but not much in the umph department.
Actually 95 was the last year for the 5.0. My buddy has a very nice 95 cobra with the 5.0. I might get a 4.6 though. I want a newer one?!?! Thw 4.6 are not bad like some people think they are. I have seen some 4.6's handle more HP stock than a stock 5.0?!?! Either way they are both nice cars. I will get another SC for sure. Money is hard right now and the only cheap mod to do is nitrous o my car?! And even that is not that cheap...because i would do a stahl and other stuff as well. But my plans are to turbo a mustang and maybe twin turbo it eventually. I will always have love for the LExus....always. And i will still be on here.
Old 06-19-06, 11:45 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

$8500 2 much or an i get more??
Old 06-20-06, 04:16 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Well it is officially for sale. I do not know what to ask forit so i am gonna ask for $10000 "OBO". I will work with ppl on the price but i want to start high so i can get a good amount for my new car. Let me know. I am still working on pics as we speak!!!

NADA is:

Low retail: $7675
Average retail: $9400
Higgh retail: $10575

I need to sell this somewhat quick!!!

Last edited by 1badceli; 06-20-06 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-21-06, 12:53 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Here are some pics. It is dirty right now butr it keeps raining on and off?!?!
Attached Thumbnails Gauging interest.......selling my platinum SC400?!?!-copy-of-picture-004.jpg  
Old 06-21-06, 12:54 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Another.......................
Attached Thumbnails Gauging interest.......selling my platinum SC400?!?!-copy-of-picture-005.jpg  
Old 06-21-06, 12:55 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

And another......................I will get some interior pics after i clean it. And the rims in the pics do not come with the car unless you wanna pay extra?!?! You will get the stock rims with **NEW** tires!!
Attached Thumbnails Gauging interest.......selling my platinum SC400?!?!-copy-of-picture-006.jpg  
Old 06-22-06, 01:23 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Any reasonable offers somewhat close to my asking price??

Quick Reply: Gauging interest.......selling my platinum SC400?!?!