Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Any locals wanna help me....

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-05, 09:14 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Any locals wanna help me....

Hook up a aftermarket stereo in my 1992 SC400? I dont have much for cash but i have some new and used stereo stuff i am willing to trade for some help?! I even have a XM Commander brand new in box i will just give away if they you want that instead of what i have around!! I have a alarm, remote start, XM commander, aftermarket speakers like 6x9's and alot of smaller ones as well. I have a couple of amps as well!! I am desperate and need HELP fast!!! So if anyone has installed a aftermarket CD player in there SC please help!!! Thanks, Dan.
Old 12-29-05, 01:08 AM
2Lexos
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

you live to far and you picked a bad week.......i'd love to do it for ya, but i'm doing a home theater room for a buddy of mine this week and i have a new years bash for this weekend. if it can wait another week let me know i'm sure i can help.
Old 12-29-05, 01:11 AM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2Lexos
you live to far and you picked a bad week.......i'd love to do it for ya, but i'm doing a home theater room for a buddy of mine this week and i have a new years bash for this weekend. if it can wait another week let me know i'm sure i can help.

LOL!!! If the car wasn't in pieces i would not mind waiting!! But it is my daily and it is in pieces.......literally!! If you came to help what would interest you in pay? seeing i am a poorbastard right now due to christmas and new years coming up?! Need anything electronic for your car?? Maybe i have it?! Let me know. Thanks, Dan.
Old 12-29-05, 01:16 AM
2Lexos

well what do you have in there now and what are you replacing? just a head unit? is there a factory cd-changer? stock amp and speakers staying or coming out? nothing is simple with these cars, the more info the better. is the car driveable?
Old 12-29-05, 01:20 AM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Yea the car is driveable. I just dont want to put the ehater controls and waht not back on just to take off again?! I am replacing the factory deck with a aftermarket one and putting a few 10" subs and a amp. I would like to keep the factory amp for the stock speakers for now as well as the factory speakers. I have a upgraded amp and speakers but will do that when it is warmer out. It does have the factory DC changer but that will be coming out as well!! Let me know. If i have to wait then i have to wait!!
Old 12-29-05, 01:46 AM
2Lexos

ok, well the thing is that most deck nowadays are high powered so you won't be able to keep your factory amp, which means dumping the factory amp and rewiring everything at your factory amp to let it work with your aftermarket deck. it's a pain in the a$$ cause you loose your factory sub too, it would be better to do it all at once. but it's your call, the work needs to be done anyway.
Old 12-29-05, 02:43 AM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

How is it easier getting a aftermarket amp in there? Then i have to run all the speaker wires to the amp. Then for the sub?! I understand that aftermaket decks are high powered but alot of cars these days use aftermaket decks and still keep there stock amps!! Like supra's and other toyota vehicles?! Or can i just wire up my 4 cheannel amp where the stock one is and use those wires back there?!?!