Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

CR Most and Least Reliable Cars and Trucks of 2022

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-22, 06:17 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
The air suspension on the Gen 2 GX has a leaning issue that they seem could never fix and would say was within spec even though one side of the truck was higher than the other side. Then they came out with a TSB to fix it with a different spring for one of the sides and it still never fixed the issue. I still loved the truck but walking up to my GX and seeing it crooked everyday annoyed the heck out of me (as well as many on the forums here).
My air suspension started to do that when it started to fail. One side was ever so higher than the other. Then it failed, but it wasn’t until the 15th year on the road. I really dislike air and my new doesn’t have it which I thrilled about
Old 11-15-22, 06:27 PM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Mine didn’t come with air suspension.
Old 11-15-22, 06:28 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
My air suspension started to do that when it started to fail. One side was ever so higher than the other. Then it failed, but it wasn’t until the 15th year on the road. I really dislike air and my new doesn’t have it which I thrilled about
The air suspension issue on the GX isn’t about it failing at all, these were like this when new.
Old 11-15-22, 06:30 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

The air suspension issue on the GX isn’t about it failing at all, these were like this when new.
It was likely defective. They should have replaced it. The air/shocks/springs can be adjusted on each side for lean. Toyota and Lexus dealers are not great to deal with for these types of issues.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 11-15-22 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-15-22, 06:38 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

It was likely defective. They should have replaced it. The air/shocks/springs can be adjusted on each side for lean. Toyota and Lexus dealers are not great to deal with for these types of issues.
LOL it wasn’t defective, it was “within spec” until so many people complained about it that they issued a TSB for it which was a different sized spring for the front right shock which didn’t really fix it anyway.
Old 11-15-22, 06:39 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

LOL it wasn’t defective, it was “within spec” until so many people complained about it that they issued a TSB for it which was a different sized spring for the front right shock which didn’t really fix it anyway.
So the it wasn’t the air? It was a front spring.
Old 11-15-22, 06:49 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

So the it wasn’t the air? It was a front spring.
That was supposed to be the fix in the TSB but it didn’t make a difference on many vehicles.
Old 11-15-22, 06:55 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Kind of like your memory seats on the Plaid?
Old 11-15-22, 07:01 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Kind of like your memory seats on the Plaid?
Too soon, too soon. Still bothers me to this day because I move my seat back and forth a lot. It was literally the one feature I wanted when I had my old IS350 but the year I had it they didn’t come with memory seats in the F-sport trim. It’s like someone is torturing me.
Old 11-15-22, 07:05 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Too soon, too soon. Still bothers me to this day because I move my seat back and forth a lot. It was literally the one feature I wanted when I had my old IS350 but the year I had it they didn’t come with memory seats in the F-sport trim. It’s like someone is torturing me.
Lol sorry
Old 11-15-22, 08:06 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 86 Likes on 85 Posts

America branded car and trucks are hit and miss Usually best to stay away when it comes to reliability unless you can get a huge discount. They make good vehicles, but they are often prone with lots of issues
Buicks, except for the Enclave, have rated quite high in reliability for several years now. And they outright won J.D. Power's latest Initial-Quality-Study as THE highest-rated brand, period.

Old 11-16-22, 06:16 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
So.....how can the Lincoln Corsair be on the Most-Reliable List when its brother Aviator (and the related Explorer, which shares a lot of the same components) be on the Least-Reliable List? We do know, of course, that the Aviator and Explorer had a botched introduction, with many serious QC defects.

I noticed that, although it is an autoblog site, Consumer Reports apparently compiled this data. I usually trust them, but this is quite suspicious.

I like the Corsair myself, and seriously considered one before ordering the somewhat smaller Buick.
Because the Corsair is based on the Escape which gets favorable reviews. It's a different class than the Aviator and Explorer. The only thing they share are the Ford/Lincoln badges and the infotainment interface.
Old 11-16-22, 10:31 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 86 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey689
Because the Corsair is based on the Escape which gets favorable reviews.
The latest version of the Escape, for that matter, does not have a very good reliability record with Consumer Reports.
Old 11-16-22, 10:53 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The latest version of the Escape, for that matter, does not have a very good reliability record with Consumer Reports.
Reviews and Reliability are two different things. Just because they are related doesn't mean they're the same.
Old 11-16-22, 12:56 PM
Sodbuster1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The newest Consumer Reports Brand study is out now.

Quick Reply: CR Most and Least Reliable Cars and Trucks of 2022