Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Anne Heche car crash

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-22, 07:12 AM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 219 Likes on 162 Posts

At least she didn't kill anybody else with her stupidity.
Old 08-14-22, 07:43 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,306 Likes on 1,508 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob04
At least she didn't kill anybody else with her stupidity.
you're all heart. you make it sound like she was someone of sound mind who just got in her car, drove like a lunatic and crashed. she was obviously an addict, and obviously should not have had access to a car. obviously she should have sought more help and obviously she didn't have enough of a support system around her to get on a better path. but to say it's just 'her stupidity' is rather simplistic.
Old 08-14-22, 08:15 AM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 219 Likes on 162 Posts

Yeah, maybe stupidity is the wrong word. Selfishness and arrogance better apply.

She knew what he was doing. She knew the possible consequences to herself and innocent people around her. She had access to help, and I don't believe for a second that she didn't have a support system. The drugs and getting high were just more important to her than anything else.
Old 08-14-22, 08:40 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
. she was obviously an addict, and obviously should not have had access to a car.
You make it sound like it’s someone’s else’s fault she got in her car and drove. Only person who is responsible for their own actions here is Heche

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 08-14-22 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-14-22, 05:34 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 86 Likes on 85 Posts

she was obviously an addict, and obviously should not have had access to a car. obviously she should have sought more help
Agreed, but I think an interesting question is how she became an addict. Nurses, of all people, know the dangers that lurk in drugs and alcohol...by their very profession, they regularly deal with it in hospitals and clinics. For a nurse to become an addict is like a professional fire-fighter going around committing arson.

BTW, bit (or any other moderator), we've currently got two Car-Chat threads going on this subject.......the crash and its fallout. I think maybe they can be combined.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ix-others.html

Last edited by mmarshall; 08-14-22 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-15-22, 07:10 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bob04
Yeah, maybe stupidity is the wrong word. Selfishness and arrogance better apply.

She knew what he was doing. She knew the possible consequences to herself and innocent people around her. She had access to help, and I don't believe for a second that she didn't have a support system. The drugs and getting high were just more important to her than anything else.
Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
You make it sound like it’s someone’s else’s fault she got in her car and drove. Only person who is responsible for their own actions here is Heche
i agree with both of you that she was ultimately responsible, and we all (i hope) wish she had been in enough control and aware enough to realize "i'm a mess" and perhaps give her car keys to anyone else and check herself into a rehab.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
BTW, bit (or any other moderator), we've currently got two Car-Chat threads going on this subject.......the crash and its fallout. I think maybe they can be combined.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ix-others.html
no that's a different (and much worse) car crash unfortunately. when that thread began discussing heche, i pulled all those posts to make this thread.
Old 08-15-22, 08:21 PM
Jakerin
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Damn, “obviously” times four.. Where do you get all this. Just your opinion?
Old 08-16-22, 05:12 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jakerin
Damn, “obviously” times four.. Where do you get all this. Just your opinion?
who and what are you referring to?
Old 08-16-22, 11:07 AM
Jakerin
Instructor

Wasn’t that you that wrote obviously four times?
Old 08-17-22, 08:31 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts

She donated her organs. Free cocaine for the recipient.
Old 08-17-22, 09:43 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jakerin
Wasn’t that you that wrote obviously four times?
i see now that was me, yes, but when posting on here in reply to something, it's normal forum etiquette to quote the post you're replying to or at least state the user's name rather than just 'you' especially after there have been other posts from other users between the one you're referencing and your reply.

looking back at that post:

... she was obviously an addict, and obviously should not have had access to a car. obviously she should have sought more help and obviously she didn't have enough of a support system around her to get on a better path. but to say it's just 'her stupidity' is rather simplistic.
do you agree she apparently had a substance abuse problem (addict)?
if you agree with above, then ergo she shouldn't have been driving especially while 'obviously' impaired.
while i don't know what help she had, or who was or wasn't trying to help her, if she was an addict and driving dangerously, she should have been in treatment/rehab instead. the result implies it's 'obvious' whatever support system she had was inadequate.

but you're obviously free to draw whatever conclusions you like.
Old 08-17-22, 10:25 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

FYI, there's a GOFUNDME for the victim that had everything destroyed in the fire....$179K so far. I think she was renting the house.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-lynn...ting-fire-loss
Old 08-17-22, 04:37 PM
Jakerin
Instructor

i see now that was me, yes, but when posting on here in reply to something, it's normal forum etiquette to quote the post you're replying to or at least state the user's name rather than just 'you' especially after there have been other posts from other users between the one you're referencing and your reply.

looking back at that post:

do you agree she apparently had a substance abuse problem (addict)?
if you agree with above, then ergo she shouldn't have been driving especially while 'obviously' impaired.
while i don't know what help she had, or who was or wasn't trying to help her, if she was an addict and driving dangerously, she should have been in treatment/rehab instead. the result implies it's 'obvious' whatever support system she had was inadequate.

but you're obviously free to draw whatever conclusions you like.
What’s obvious is your lack of knowledge of addiction.
Old 08-17-22, 04:48 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,032 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Old 08-17-22, 05:33 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,187 Likes on 1,335 Posts

I think this thread has had all the productive conversation that it's going to get.