Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Which one of these wheels do you like on a G35 coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-03, 11:17 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts
Default Which one of these wheels do you like on a G35 coupe?

I'm a relative newbie on wheels, and my SC430 is the first car I deem worthy of putting on new wheels, plus the pieplates is my least favourite part of the car. I just put BBS wheels on the Lexus yesterday.

I have a white Infiniti G35 coupe coming next month.Haven't decided whether I should be getting wheels for it, at least not that soon. I guess I'm not fanatic enough to be spending big bucks on wheels yet, but that might soon change as I spend more & more time on car forums such as Clublexus.
I'm a little bored tonight, and is playing around with the idea of putting one of these Volk wheels on the G35 coupe. Can you guys give me some opinions?

White TE-37 :

which looks like this on the white coupe:

OR CE 28-N, also in white:

What do you guys think? Can anyone with good photoshop skills be kind enough to possibly photoshop the CE 28-N in white on a white coupe?

Any other suggestions are welcome !

BTW, since this is not about a Lexus car, I thought I'll post this in the Lobby rather than the Wheels & Tires forum.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 09-16-03 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-17-03, 01:22 AM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depends on what kinda look you're looking for... personally some 3 piece O.Z. Super Leggerra IIIs 19x8.5 and 19x10 would be absolutely sick!!
Old 09-17-03, 02:51 AM
NRG
Lead Lap

i would say the CE28.
as much as i love the te37, they are pretty played out.

I wouldnt get them in white, i would get them in bronz or black polish.
Old 09-17-03, 03:47 AM
altaf
Pole Position

The bright white wheels clash with the pearl white car. Wheels are nice - I think tirerack sells an SSR with a similar design. Black or silver polish would look sweet.
Old 09-17-03, 06:13 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had the same dilemma as you, sexysc. in the end, since i havent really found anything that i want sooo much more than stock, i have left them alone. i had GSTRANCE ps a few wheels on my car. here are the results. btw, are you getting the 6MT?

Doc
Old 09-17-03, 07:41 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally posted by altaf
The bright white wheels clash with the pearl white car. Wheels are nice - I think tirerack sells an SSR with a similar design. Black or silver polish would look sweet.
I was wondering about the different shade of white on the rims too, but that is the picture that actually convinced me the most that Ivory Pearl looks great on the G35 coupe, & thats why I also decide to look into the rims and investigate the possibility of getting something similar.

IMO, if you can get the rims & body color to match, white rims on white car can look attractive and different. I guesss it's similar to the debate whether you should have color contrast between body color & interior color, to each its own.

I'm also considering the possibilty of getting chrome wheels with white body color, I normally don't care for chrome, but now thinks it might go well with the Ivory Pearl.

Dr. Rick, I'm getting the 6 MT, I usually go with the manual transmission if it's available for that model, especially a car like the G35 coupe. I've heard from some owners in the G35 forum that their clutch wears out pretty quick although I'm not that concerned as of now. Personally, I've never had to replace the clutch on my previous MT cars before , which means below 130,000 Km ( 80,000 miles ).

Thanks for the pictures !!
Old 09-17-03, 06:19 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

White TE-37!
Old 09-17-03, 06:32 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

I just checked today with a wheel dealer & found out that Volk does custom color for their wheels, & they'll find out for me whether they can match the Ivory Pearl body color.

I am far from making any decision on wheels for this car (if at all), and is open to other choices. I'm actually quite happy with the stock rims as is, & will not spend extra on new wheels unless I found something that I really like for the right price.
Old 09-17-03, 06:32 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

put my vote in for bronze TE-37's... just like the volk ad. yes its a different car, but i like the color contrast.
Attached Thumbnails Which one of these wheels do you like on a G35 coupe?-volk350z.jpeg  

Last edited by MrJohnTan; 09-17-03 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-17-03, 06:34 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the white on white look with the Volk TE-37. It just looks freakin clean

Last edited by LOTC; 09-17-03 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-17-03, 07:32 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

TE-37 definetly. Very sexy six spokes.

-Anthony
Old 09-17-03, 08:18 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

The strong spoke of the Zauber Gettin really compliments the profile of that car.

I like those G35 coupes BTW, i think they are a great mix, of power, styling and price. Have fun
Old 09-17-03, 09:13 PM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

TE-37's with chrome lips would look nicer IMO on that Z
Old 09-17-03, 09:15 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

White on white only looks good when the colors match up perfect. However, after a couple years, the wheels might fade to an off-white which will look tacky IMO. My reason for this statement is because a neighbor near by has a 01 White Saleen 281 with the white 18" Saleen wheels and the colors just don't match up anymore. I remember when he first bought it and it looked so sweet. Now it looks blah... If you plan on getting white wheels, make sure they won't fade over time....
Old 09-17-03, 09:59 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
White on white only looks good when the colors match up perfect. However, after a couple years, the wheels might fade to an off-white which will look tacky IMO. My reason for this statement is because a neighbor near by has a 01 White Saleen 281 with the white 18" Saleen wheels and the colors just don't match up anymore. I remember when he first bought it and it looked so sweet. Now it looks blah... If you plan on getting white wheels, make sure they won't fade over time....
Thank you ! I'll keep that in mind.

Quick Reply: Which one of these wheels do you like on a G35 coupe?