Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC Owner Hits Guard... Twice

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-19, 08:30 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Minor incident?!? The dude hits this kid with his car, TWICE and then calls his boss and demands he be fired because the security guard had the audacity to control his access to his controlled access community.

This guy is a major league d-bag.
Agreed, I think I would've either fallen on the ground in pain and sue his azz or kick the shti out of his precious car.
Old 06-03-19, 10:35 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
Agreed, I think I would've either fallen on the ground in pain and sue his azz or kick the shti out of his precious car.
With the tin-foil sheet metal used on many of today's vehicles, it wouldn't take much of a kick (or even a punch) to do some significant damage to it.
Old 06-03-19, 03:30 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This man needs to do time for armed assault (he used his vehicle as a weapon) and lose driving privileges for life. But of course, knowing how lax our criminal system is when it comes to vehicle crime it will cost him a few grand in fines and lawyer fees, and the whole incident will go away.
Old 06-03-19, 03:31 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

There's a satisfying video of a jerk driver getting his *** beat.

Old 06-03-19, 08:16 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,502 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Minor incident?!? The dude hits this kid with his car, TWICE and then calls his boss and demands he be fired because the security guard had the audacity to control his access to his controlled access community.

This guy is a major league d-bag.
If it was just the ‘hitting the kid twice’ only, i wouldn’t have cared much... the guy was more edging forward aggressively, i don’t think he was trying to run over the kid. BUT, to THEN call the kid’s boss and demand he’s fired? That shows the ‘doctor’ has mental issues and maybe substance abuse issues judging by the pic. He deserves full punishment for as you say, the major leage d-bag behavior.

and good for the guard co. going right after him and getting him arrested! many more cowardly organizations would have just blown it off.
Old 06-04-19, 06:50 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

hitting someone with a car is considered assault with a deadly weapon
Old 06-04-19, 07:02 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
hitting someone with a car is considered assault with a deadly weapon
Technically, you are correct, but the actual legal term, in most states, is vehicular assault. That's the term prosecutors generally use when they file charges. It's usually considered a Class B felony, and can result in a stiff fine and prison term.
Old 06-04-19, 01:08 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Technically, you are correct, but the actual legal term, in most states, is vehicular assault. That's the term prosecutors generally use when they file charges. It's usually considered a Class B felony, and can result in a stiff fine and prison term.
He was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
Old 06-05-19, 12:56 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
There's a satisfying video of a jerk driver getting his *** beat.

https://youtu.be/3lKwkn6JT74

I love it!!!! Some people are just idiots and deserve it.
Old 06-05-19, 04:23 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
He was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
Same charge.....just worded a little differently. Instead of "vehicle" they used the term "deadly weapon". Doesn't matter.....either way, if convicted, he'll get a fine and (likely) prison time. And if jury looks at that mug-shot, that certainly won't help his case any. With that arrogant scowl on his face, he might as well be giving them his middle finger.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-05-19 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-05-19, 05:07 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Same charge.....just worded a little differently. Instead of "vehicle" they used the term "deadly weapon". Doesn't matter.....either way, if convicted, he'll get a fine and (likely) prison time. And if jury looks at that mug-shot, that certainly won't help his case any. With that arrogant scowl on his face, he might as well be giving them his middle finger.
I hope there is a follow up to this story, but I'm willing to bet he receives no prison time, pays a few thousand in lawyer fees and fines, and doesn't even lose his driving privileges. It's just how our system works.
Old 06-05-19, 05:08 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
I hope there is a follow up to this story, but I'm willing to bet he receives no prison time, pays a few thousand in lawyer fees and fines, and doesn't even lose his driving privileges. It's just how our system works.

We'll see. It's true that our system is often overly-lenient, but this guy appears to be a true jerk.
Old 06-05-19, 05:17 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

We'll see. It's true that our system is often overly-lenient, but this guy appears to be a true jerk.
It doesn't matter how much of a jerk he is, our system is too lenient when it comes to vehicular crime until someone is dead. And even then, the punishment is often far too lenient.
Old 06-05-19, 06:01 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

The system is only lenient for some bud, not all men are created equal. This ****** may be exonerated since he's a Doc and probably has money to hire a good lawyer.
Old 06-05-19, 06:03 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by EXE46
The system is only lenient for some bud, not all men are created equal. This ****** may be exonerated since he's a Doc and probably has money to hire a good lawyer.
Originally Posted by Och
It doesn't matter how much of a jerk he is, our system is too lenient when it comes to vehicular crime until someone is dead. And even then, the punishment is often far too lenient.
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Quick Reply: Lexus LC Owner Hits Guard... Twice