Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ford enters final stretch of cutting 7,000 white-collar jobs

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-19, 09:28 AM
Aprilia
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We're living in times of corporate rape.

They get bailouts and promise to rebuild, new jobs and then layoffs and huge executive bonuses.

GM did the same thing and they walked.

It's sad really, that as consumers we have the memory of a gold fish and allow corps to walk all over us.

There's another thread; Google vs Apple maps. I can't imagine supporting Apple after they were caught purposely slowing down older iphones cpu's in order to get ppl to buy new ones.

Imagine Lexus does an "update" that removes 25% of horsepower. It's only funny until you realize that it DID happen.

my 0.02c
Old 05-22-19, 11:15 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Aprilia
We're living in times of corporate rape.

They get bailouts and promise to rebuild, new jobs and then layoffs and huge executive bonuses.

GM did the same thing and they walked.

It's sad really, that as consumers we have the memory of a gold fish and allow corps to walk all over us.
On a personal level, given GM and Ford's recent actions, I'm strongly in favor of a consumer-boycott of both of them. But, First, as you note, most people probably wouldn't back it up, and Second, as I posted earlier in the thread, I don't believe in telling other people how to spend (or not spend) their money. Let them make their own decision.

I can't imagine supporting Apple after they were caught purposely slowing down older iphones cpu's in order to get ppl to buy new ones.
Aha. Thanks for the Heads-Up. So that explains why my old i-Phone4 took all day to log on to anything (and the battery to charge), not just a lack of data-capacity. (I recently bought a new i-Phone-7).
Old 05-22-19, 11:18 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
On a personal level, given GM and Ford's recent actions, I'm strongly in favor of a consumer-boycott of both of them

Perhaps sell your LaCrosse??
Old 05-22-19, 11:44 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Perhaps sell your LaCrosse??
I like it too much to sell it (few cars have that kind of ride-comfort today), though I'm less than totally happy with the transmission. GM and Ford may (?) lose my next sale, though...time will tell. Depends on what their line-up is when I'm ready in a few more years.