Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus RCF Track Edition..... WT-F Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-19, 02:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Lexus RCF Track Edition..... WT-F Lexus

A discussion on the 2020 RCF Track Edition from a Track junky. I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Old 05-07-19, 02:35 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,557 Likes on 1,826 Posts

That thumbnail is the stuff of nightmares. The other image is worse. I'll pass.
Old 05-08-19, 06:38 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Unfortunately this car is a Marketing gimmick rather than a true effort to connect with Lexus enthusiasts or attract BMW/Porsche track guys.

Lexus will parade this car to all the auto shows, its already All over their ads, Motor Trend got paid to feature it etc....

A year from now - you can find them sitting at a Lex dealer with dust and swirl marks all over it.
I just saw the 10Yr Anniversary RCF collecting dust at a Lex dealer. Some kid was jumping on top of it.

Let me just say - im sure the car is GREAT and I personally really like the RCF. i blame Lexus management and dealers for not knowing how to build an enthusiast customer base.
Old 05-08-19, 08:31 AM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Not my kind of car, especially for the costs, but at least Lexus is trying. Get a load of the individual part costs though!

CF hood : 15k.
CF Spoiler : 17k
Each rotor : 3k

These are shots of a PDI my friend, a Lexus Tech, was doing:

Old 05-08-19, 08:46 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Unfortunately this car is a Marketing gimmick rather than a true effort to connect with Lexus enthusiasts or attract BMW/Porsche track guys.

Lexus will parade this car to all the auto shows, its already All over their ads, Motor Trend got paid to feature it etc....

A year from now - you can find them sitting at a Lex dealer with dust and swirl marks all over it.
I just saw the 10Yr Anniversary RCF collecting dust at a Lex dealer. Some kid was jumping on top of it.

Let me just say - im sure the car is GREAT and I personally really like the RCF. i blame Lexus management and dealers for not knowing how to build an enthusiast customer base.
Same I'm a RC-F fan wish it had more power but that's fine. The track edition version does nothing for me.
Old 05-08-19, 09:08 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3

That's how my aunt got the M3 Lightweight in 1996. She sold it and got an SMG E46 M3...oh man.

It had been sitting for a year, the price was outrageous at from memory $38k, no a/c, no radio, no sunroof, weird wing and checkerboard on the hood. Who would want such a car. But I think in this day and age there is too much access to information i.e. the playing field is level, so agreed, this car will likely continue to gather dust.

edit good point on building a base. Analogy. I remember when I was younger, I would call a meeting, and nobody would accept nor show. My boss would call a meeting for the same thing, and everyone would show and want to be invited. It was a good thing for me as I was being groomed. Same thing with Lexus, maybe today, you have an event and it's not that great. Why not learn from BMW or Porsche? You don't have to invent the wheel, learn. 35 years from now, you've got a bunch of enthusiasts. It's never too late imho. Get that late 1989 fire back in your belly. You nearly trounced the competition when you were launched.

Last edited by Johnhav430; 05-08-19 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-08-19, 10:29 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

never seen a rotor look like that, appears to already have micro-fractures.

also, you better be adding ponies if you're going to slap a tacky spoiler like that on it.
Old 05-08-19, 10:41 AM
Kense
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

$100K for that is Ludacris. lol. Almost insulting.
Old 05-08-19, 10:59 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 870 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
never seen a rotor look like that, appears to already have micro-fractures.

also, you better be adding ponies if you're going to slap a tacky spoiler like that on it.
Those are carbon ceramic rotors, which is why they look like that.
Old 05-10-19, 02:38 PM
2ndName
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If I had a lot of FU money, maybe. As of current, have to pass, lol