Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Latest Chrysler quality issue...

 
Old 04-09-19, 11:53 AM
  #31  
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic
 
mmarshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Virginia/D.C. suburbs
Posts: 74,690
Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill View Post
Yup. Give something for people to debate about. I know two people on their second Siennas. Hard to argue with repeat buyers while the OP is complaining about their Chrysler product numerous times.
Remember, though, my earlier post about my old friend who had issues with both of his Siennas...one was his personal one, the other for company use.
mmarshall is offline  
Old 04-09-19, 12:21 PM
  #32  
LexsCTJill
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON
Posts: 13,189
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mmarshall View Post
Remember, though, my earlier post about my old friend who had issues with both of his Siennas...one was his personal one, the other for company use.
I have heard you say that, but at the same time, my brother bought a second Sienna and another friend I know, (although younger than me and in a different place in her life) bought one as well and has no complaints. These two have never complained all the while the OP is complaining all the time about the issues of a Chrysler product, I think I know which one I would recommend.
LexsCTJill is online now  
Old 04-09-19, 12:23 PM
  #33  
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic
 
mmarshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Virginia/D.C. suburbs
Posts: 74,690
Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill View Post
I have heard you say that, but at the same time, my brother bought a second Sienna and another friend I know, (although younger than me and in a different place in her life) bought one as well and has no complaints. These two have never complained all the while the OP is complaining all the time about the issues of a Chrysler product, I think I know which one I would recommend.
Both, of course, are very popular, although the Sienna does have one significant advantage.....an AWD option.


Last edited by mmarshall; 04-09-19 at 12:29 PM.
mmarshall is offline  
Old 04-09-19, 12:23 PM
  #34  
LexsCTJill
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON
Posts: 13,189
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mmarshall View Post
Both, of course, are very popular, although the Sienna does have one significant advantage.....an AWD option.
Better reputation, better resale value for the Sienna as well.
LexsCTJill is online now  
Old 04-09-19, 12:29 PM
  #35  
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic
 
mmarshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Virginia/D.C. suburbs
Posts: 74,690
Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts
Default

One thing that I wish the Chrysler minivans would bring back (and it was a superb feature for parents with small kids) is the built-in Kiddie Seats that were actually part of the vehicle's seatback itself. No fumbling around with aftermarket seats and straps....just sit Junior down on the pull-down seat, buckle a strap or two, and that's it. When you are at your destination, just unbuckle the strap, lift Junior out, and that's it.

mmarshall is offline  
Old 04-09-19, 01:11 PM
  #36  
Stroock639
Lexus Champion
 
Stroock639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,239
Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
Default

just get a previa and your kids will be able to endlessly amuse themselves with the 2nd row 360 degree rotating captains chairs
Stroock639 is offline  
Old 04-09-19, 01:12 PM
  #37  
Stroock639
Lexus Champion
 
Stroock639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,239
Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GS3Tek View Post
Everyone even toddlers have an ipad/tab so just get a tablet holder for each headrest and you're golden.....
now that's using the ol noggin
Stroock639 is offline  
Old 04-09-19, 03:17 PM
  #38  
BrettJacks
Lexus Fanatic
 
BrettJacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,179
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mmarshall View Post
One thing that I wish the Chrysler minivans would bring back (and it was a superb feature for parents with small kids) is the built-in Kiddie Seats that were actually part of the vehicle's seatback itself. No fumbling around with aftermarket seats and straps....just sit Junior down on the pull-down seat, buckle a strap or two, and that's it. When you are at your destination, just unbuckle the strap, lift Junior out, and that's it.


I can't imagine there's anyway those would pass modern safety regulations. Although I have no children, everything I've heard from my friends who do leads me to understand that car seats are serious business.
BrettJacks is offline  
Old 04-09-19, 03:50 PM
  #39  
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic
 
JDR76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WA
Posts: 7,394
Received 413 Likes on 330 Posts
Default

The car seats were an awesome idea, but they couldn’t go rear facing, of course, and couldn’t keep up with the changing regulations.
JDR76 is online now  
Old 04-09-19, 04:46 PM
  #40  
tex2670
Lexus Fanatic
 
tex2670's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 5,978
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sulu View Post
Do my eyes deceive me? Am I reading this correctly, that Jill is quoting CR?
Only when it benefits her proposition.
tex2670 is online now  
Old 04-09-19, 04:50 PM
  #41  
tex2670
Lexus Fanatic
 
tex2670's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 5,978
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill View Post
Hard to argue with repeat buyers while the OP is complaining about their Chrysler product numerous times.
It's only hard to argue with repeat buyers when they do so based on research and data. There are plenty of (1) blind loyalists, (2) uneducated shoppers, (3) people who fear change (or some combo), and (4) people that are on the leasing hamster wheel and concede to getting another because their dealer "made them a great deal" to turn in early; ETC; that make them repeat buyers. I have a neighbor that will only buy Hondas, no matter what. Won't even look at another brand. That says something about Hondas, but it also says something about the owner.
tex2670 is online now  
Old 04-09-19, 05:00 PM
  #42  
tex2670
Lexus Fanatic
 
tex2670's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 5,978
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mmarshall View Post
One thing that I wish the Chrysler minivans would bring back (and it was a superb feature for parents with small kids) is the built-in Kiddie Seats that were actually part of the vehicle's seatback itself. No fumbling around with aftermarket seats and straps....just sit Junior down on the pull-down seat, buckle a strap or two, and that's it. When you are at your destination, just unbuckle the strap, lift Junior out, and that's it.

It was an interesting idea--Volvo had built in booster seats about a dozen years ago--but newer booster seats with the backs for smaller kids have a seatbelt guide slot to keep the belt off their necks. So this set up is outdated, and less safe, even though it's handy.

As BrettJacks said, a built in car seat would be an absolute NO NO.

Last edited by tex2670; 04-09-19 at 05:05 PM.
tex2670 is online now  
Old 04-09-19, 05:16 PM
  #43  
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic
 
mmarshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Virginia/D.C. suburbs
Posts: 74,690
Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
It's only hard to argue with repeat buyers when they do so based on research and data. There are plenty of (1) blind loyalists, (2) uneducated shoppers, (3) people who fear change (or some combo), and (4) people that are on the leasing hamster wheel and concede to getting another because their dealer "made them a great deal" to turn in early; ETC; that make them repeat buyers. I have a neighbor that will only buy Hondas, no matter what. Won't even look at another brand. That says something about Hondas, but it also says something about the owner.
It says that the owner, for whatever reason, may actually be happy wth his or her purchase or lease.

Look, for example, at the extremely high owner-satisfaction-ratings for the Corvette, Dodge Challenger, and Dodge Charger that are published in Consumer Reports......vehicles that we all know are a long way from the top in the reliability-ratings. Yes, they often have to go back to the dealership to have various problems and defects repaired, but they do something that a number of vehicles with Rock-of-Gibraltar reliability cannot do.......they make their owners pleased to own and drive them. Life is short, and, while we may not always agree with how people spend their money (and I spend a significant part of my own life giving auto-advice and helping other people come to a decision on how to spend their vehicle-dollars)...in the end, one must remember that they worked for their money (sometimes very hard) and, assuming they can afford the vehicle, they have the right to spend it on something that will give them some satisfaction for the hours they worked for it.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-09-19 at 06:24 PM.
mmarshall is offline  
Old 04-09-19, 07:35 PM
  #44  
tex2670
Lexus Fanatic
 
tex2670's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 5,978
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mmarshall View Post
It says that the owner, for whatever reason, may actually be happy wth his or her purchase or lease.
That, in and of itself, means nothing.

If a person is "happy" with their vehicle, and just blindly gets another one without cross shopping, that does not prove that their vehicle is better than the competition. You should know better than most that there are many, many consumers out there that are not truly "educated" when it comes to their auto purchase.
tex2670 is online now  
Old 04-09-19, 07:39 PM
  #45  
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic
 
mmarshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Virginia/D.C. suburbs
Posts: 74,690
Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
That, in and of itself, means nothing.

If a person is "happy" with their vehicle, and just blindly gets another one without cross shopping, that does not prove that their vehicle is better than the competition.
With all due respect, I don't think you quite grasp the point here. With buyers like that, the issue is not trying to necessarily one-up the competition or Keep up with the Jones's, but to have something they personally enjoy, and can look forward to driving each morning. I, for example, like driving big Buicks, even if they are not as reliable as a Lexus ES or Toyota Avalon. And, almost half a century ago, when I was in college, I liked driving.....well, big Buicks.
mmarshall is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Latest Chrysler quality issue...


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: