Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus is Doubling Down in the Racing World

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-19, 12:02 PM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Lexus is Doubling Down in the Racing World

Lexus is Doubling Down in the Racing World
By Brett Foote

Lexus has gone from zero racing efforts to a full bore, all-out march to the podium. But why?

Old 04-02-19, 01:50 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

i don't want lexus to double down on racing

they need to double down on seat cushioning and tire sidewall thickness

toyota on the other hand should double down on racing and make their own damn supra that will once again compete with the likes of the gtr and nsx
Old 04-02-19, 05:24 PM
Bob04
Pole Position

Received 157 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroock639

toyota on the other hand should double down on racing and make their own damn supra that will once again compete with the likes of the gtr and nsx
Amen, brother.
Old 04-04-19, 07:20 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,510 Likes on 1,806 Posts

It's funny, I find the "sporty" seats in my IS to me more comfortable than the wider seats in my old Camry.

I think you can do both. It's not like the racing is taking away from the smooth ride of an ES for example.
Old 04-04-19, 07:47 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

When are they doubling down on giving us Android Auto, new LX, GX, IS, GS, RX and LCF?
Old 04-04-19, 09:19 AM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts

Old 04-04-19, 10:39 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
When are they doubling down on giving us Android Auto, new LX, GX, IS, GS, RX and LCF?
Cant wait to here how the software is not ready and the past gen software can’t do it. Yet Mazda is retroactive in their inclusion of Car Play or AA. Even the Mitsubishi Mirage has CP and AA for Pete sake.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 04-04-19 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-04-19, 11:09 AM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by arentz07
It's funny, I find the "sporty" seats in my IS to me more comfortable than the wider seats in my old Camry.

I think you can do both. It's not like the racing is taking away from the smooth ride of an ES for example.
which year and trim of camry? the new camry seats are trash, old camry xle leather seats are pretty nice and more comfortable than camry se seats

the cushiness and comfort of the seats in my LS (and even E55) are noticeably beyond that of the LS 500 and 460 seats i've sat in... although i think i've only sat in / driven an f sport LS 460 so that probably accounted for some of my opinion
Old 04-04-19, 11:28 AM
arentz07
drives cars

which year and trim of camry? the new camry seats are trash, old camry xle leather seats are pretty nice and more comfortable than camry se seats

the cushiness and comfort of the seats in my LS (and even E55) are noticeably beyond that of the LS 500 and 460 seats i've sat in... although i think i've only sat in / driven an f sport LS 460 so that probably accounted for some of my opinion
I had a 2015 Camry SE.

I will say the 2010 Camry LE I had before that 2015 was a little more comfortable, as it had the basic cloth seats. They were pretty soft and supportive enough.
Old 04-04-19, 11:37 AM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

I had a 2015 Camry SE.
ahh well that'll do it

pretty much every car these days has firmer seats than those still made or designed in the previous century, although one car who's seats really surprised me at how nice they are is the dodge challenger

i drove like a 2010ish challenger srt 8 and it seriously had some of the softest seats ive encountered in a modern vehicle, although i suppose one could argue there's really nothing 'modern' about the challenger lol
Old 04-04-19, 11:42 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Talking

I agree. The new Supra sucks so much.
Old 04-04-19, 03:42 PM
arentz07
drives cars

ahh well that'll do it

pretty much every car these days has firmer seats than those still made or designed in the previous century, although one car who's seats really surprised me at how nice they are is the dodge challenger

i drove like a 2010ish challenger srt 8 and it seriously had some of the softest seats ive encountered in a modern vehicle, although i suppose one could argue there's really nothing 'modern' about the challenger lol
I mean, saying "it's a low bar" doesn't mean my IS's seats are any less comfortable for 8 hours' worth of driving in a single day. I've done it twice now with no issues.
Old 04-04-19, 03:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

That's because many of the buyers of the Challenger are aging Baby Boomers, who grew up with the originals. Their backs and legs are not in prime condition any more. That's also one reason (among several) why the Challenger is more roomy inside than the relatively cramped Camaro and Mustang.

I'd bet, however, that those seats aren't any softer than the ones in my Lacrosse.
Old 04-04-19, 03:53 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

I mean, saying "it's a low bar" doesn't mean my IS's seats are any less comfortable for 8 hours' worth of driving in a single day. I've done it twice now with no issues.
well hang on i'm not trying to say the camry seats are uncomfortable or that the IS seats are only comfortable in relation to a camry se, just that lexus seats are understandably even more comfortable

the more bucket like seats are definitely more supportive too
Old 04-04-19, 04:13 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
That's because many of the buyers of the Challenger are aging Baby Boomers, who grew up with the originals. Their backs and legs are not in prime condition any more. That's also one reason (among several) why the Challenger is more roomy inside than the relatively cramped Camaro and Mustang.

I'd bet, however, that those seats aren't any softer than the ones in my Lacrosse.
i'd like to think the buick would have softer seats (especially since i'm a gm fan over chrysler) and it definitely should but just from looking at pictures of them they don't exactly look like something you'll sink down into... not like the challenger's at least

now THIS is what a buick seat should look like

something also tells me that the lacrosse doesn't rock back and forth for a few seconds after coming to a stop, which anything with a buick badge on it should do as a mandatory standard feature

Quick Reply: Lexus is Doubling Down in the Racing World