Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Genesis taking over the superbowl in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-19, 12:57 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,494 Likes on 1,639 Posts
Talking Genesis taking over the superbowl in Atlanta

GENESIS DRIVES THE ULTIMATE FAN EXPERIENCE IN ATLANTA DURING SUPER BOWL LIII

Jan 24, 2019

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., JAN 24, 2019 – Genesis, the official luxury vehicle of the National Football League (NFL), is poised to roll out a premium experience to current and future fans in Atlanta for Super Bowl LIII Presented by Verizon, during a 10-day city takeover that features unforgettable activations, events, giveaways and premium drive experiences. This ultimate fan experience will showcase the Genesis G70 luxury performance sedan, recently named the 2019 North American Car of the YearTM, along with the full Genesis vehicle lineup.

Super Bowl Live at Centennial Park

From January 26 to February 2, Genesis will showcase its complete line-up -- including its flagship G90, G80, G80 Sport and all-new multiple award-winning G70 luxury performance sedan. G70 resets benchmarks and expectations among luxury sport sedans, with its holistic integration of performance, body strength, refined luxury and aerodynamic design.

The free-of-charge Genesis premium fan experience leading up to The Big Game will provide complimentary beverages, giveaways and opportunities to schedule test drives at select locations in the Atlanta area to those 18+ years of age with valid U.S. photo identification.

Test Drive Opportunities at Phipps Plaza and Top Golf

Genesis will host its 10-day city takeover at the southeast’s premier, upscale shopping destination Phipps Plaza, located in the heart of the affluent Buckhead district. Visitors will have a chance to sign up for test drives during the January 25 and February 1 weekends. They can also take home giveaways and engage in photo opportunities and autograph signings with past and present NFL pros.

For nine days beginning January 26, fans and other Atlantans who visit Top Golf in Alpharetta, Ga. will take part in an exclusive Genesis experience throughout the entertainment venue, complete with 33 branded golf bays, giveaways and the opportunity to sign up for test drives on January 26, January 27 or February 2. Guests who sign up for test drives will have access to an exclusive Genesis Lounge on their test drive day where they can enjoy complimentary food and beverages, giveaways, photo opportunities and autographic signings with past and present NFL players.

To reserve a time for a Genesis test drive at Phipps Plaza or Top Golf, please visit https://www.genesisdriveexperience.com/georgia.

“We’re excited to offer people in Atlanta the ultimate fan experience during one of the most iconic sports events of the year,” said Erwin Raphael, Executive Director, Genesis Motor America. “The premium experiences we provide are often as meaningful to Genesis fans as our beautifully crafted and thoughtfully-engineered vehicles, and we look forward to demonstrating athletic elegance with our trio of exceptional luxury cars.”

NFL House Presented By Verizon

From January 31 through February 2, Genesis will have a presence in the private hospitality space, the NFL House Presented By Verizon. Fans can learn more about Genesis craftsmanship and its new definition of luxury and create personalized travel tags at a leather monogramming workshop. VIP guests will be offered premium shuttle service to desired destinations around the Atlanta area.

To keep up-to-date on Genesis activities in Atlanta during The Big Game, stay in touch with us on Twitter at @GenesisUSA and on Instagram at @Genesis_USA.

For more information visit www.genesis.com.

Please visit our media site for the latest news at www.genesisnewsusa.com.

Genesis Motor America on TwitterYouTubeFacebook | Instagram

https://www.genesisnewsusa.com/en-us/releases/135
Old 02-01-19, 02:22 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

This ultimate fan experience will showcase the Genesis G70 luxury performance sedan, recently named the 2019 North American Car of the Year
Ha, I love it ......a sedan (G70) being the feature showcase-vehicle in a world of trucks and SUVs.
Old 02-01-19, 02:39 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Ha, I love it ......a sedan (G70) being the feature showcase-vehicle in a world of trucks and SUVs.
You do realize there are three NAIAS awards for three different categories. Which include Car, Utility, and Truck of the Year awards.

2019 Winners:
Car - Genesis G70
Utility - Hyundai Kona / Kona EV
Truck - Ram 1500

Of course Genesis is going to tout an award. Any automaker would for any class of car they manufacture.
Old 02-01-19, 02:42 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
You do realize there are three NAIAS awards for three different categories. Which include Car, Utility, and Truck of the Year awards.

2019 Winners:
Car - Genesis G70
Truck - Ram 1500
Plus, the Genesis SUV isn't ready yet or you can be sure it would be featured.
Old 02-01-19, 02:45 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Plus, the Genesis SUV isn't ready yet or you can be sure it would be featured.
Absolutely. That GV80 is going to be very interesting, especially if it's based on RWD architecture. If they use the Sport 3.3 TTV6, they might have a decent X5 / GLE competitor.
Old 02-01-19, 02:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

2019 Winners:
Car - Genesis G70
Truck - Ram 1500

Of course Genesis is going to tout an award. Any automaker would for any class of car they manufacture.
Well, not only that, but IMO the G70 is actually deserving of it. I did a full-review on a G70 a few weeks ago, and was quite impressed.
Old 02-01-19, 02:58 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Well, not only that, but IMO the G70 is actually deserving of it. I did a full-review on a G70 a few weeks ago, and was quite impressed.
The G70 is impressive. Though to be fair it beat out a Honda Insight and Volvo S60/V60.
Old 02-01-19, 03:08 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

The G70 is impressive.
It seems like every single thread there needs to be a mention about Genesis or the G70, there are too many needless threads about the Genesis brand or most specific thenG70 Yes it is impressive, however any of the A4, 3 series. IS or C class can do just as good a job if not better. They are all good.
Old 02-01-19, 03:13 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
It seems like every single thread there needs to be a mention about Genesis or the G70. Yes it is impressive, however any of the A4, 3 series. IS or C class can do just as good a job if not better. They are all good.
I disagree on the IS. While I myself owned a 1Gen IS, IMO the overall build-solidness, despite the Lexus reliability, dropped off significantly for the 2Gen and 3Gen versions. That's one reason why I did not replace my 1Gen with a later model. Yes, the A4 is very nice inside and out......but the G70 does it at a lower price, though I'll admit it's not a huge difference...just a few K.
Old 02-01-19, 03:17 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

The free-of-charge Genesis premium fan experience leading up to The Big Game will provide complimentary beverages, giveaways and opportunities to schedule test drives at select locations in the Atlanta area to those 18+ years of age with valid U.S. photo identification.
That will certainly attract some interested people. I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of YouTube reviews and test-drives posted after the game.
Old 02-01-19, 03:23 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

I disagree on the IS. While I myself owned a 1Gen IS, IMO the overall build-solidness, despite the Lexus reliability, dropped off significantly for the 2Gen and 3Gen versions. That's one reason why I did not replace my 1Gen with a later model.
What do you like about the current 3rd generation Lexus IS?
Old 02-01-19, 03:46 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
GENESIS DRIVES THE ULTIMATE FAN EXPERIENCE IN ATLANTA DURING SUPER BOWL LIII

Jan 24, 2019

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., JAN 24, 2019 – Genesis, the official luxury vehicle of the National Football League (NFL), is poised to roll out a premium experience to current and future fans in Atlanta for Super Bowl LIII Presented by Verizon, during a 10-day city takeover that features unforgettable activations, events, giveaways and premium drive experiences. This ultimate fan experience will showcase the Genesis G70 luxury performance sedan, recently named the 2019 North American Car of the YearTM, along with the full Genesis vehicle lineup.

Super Bowl Live at Centennial Park

From January 26 to February 2, Genesis will showcase its complete line-up -- including its flagship G90, G80, G80 Sport and all-new multiple award-winning G70 luxury performance sedan. G70 resets benchmarks and expectations among luxury sport sedans, with its holistic integration of performance, body strength, refined luxury and aerodynamic design.

Test Drive Opportunities at Phipps Plaza and Top Golf

Genesis will host its 10-day city takeover at the southeast’s premier, upscale shopping destination Phipps Plaza, located in the heart of the affluent Buckhead district. Visitors will have a chance to sign up for test drives during the January 25 and February 1 weekends. They can also take home giveaways and engage in photo opportunities and autograph signings with past and present NFL pros.

For nine days beginning January 26, fans and other Atlantans who visit Top Golf in Alpharetta, Ga. will take part in an exclusive Genesis experience throughout the entertainment venue, complete with 33 branded golf bays, giveaways and the opportunity to sign up for test drives on January 26, January 27 or February 2. Guests who sign up for test drives will have access to an exclusive Genesis Lounge on their test drive day where they can enjoy complimentary food and beverages, giveaways, photo opportunities and autographic signings with past and present NFL players.

To reserve a time for a Genesis test drive at Phipps Plaza or Top Golf, please visit https://www.genesisdriveexperience.com/georgia.

“We’re excited to offer people in Atlanta the ultimate fan experience during one of the most iconic sports events of the year,” said Erwin Raphael, Executive Director, Genesis Motor America. “The premium experiences we provide are often as meaningful to Genesis fans as our beautifully crafted and thoughtfully-engineered vehicles, and we look forward to demonstrating athletic elegance with our trio of exceptional luxury cars.”

NFL House Presented By Verizon

From January 31 through February 2, Genesis will have a presence in the private hospitality space, the NFL House Presented By Verizon. Fans can learn more about Genesis craftsmanship and its new definition of luxury and create personalized travel tags at a leather monogramming workshop. VIP guests will be offered premium shuttle service to desired destinations around the Atlanta area.

To keep up-to-date on Genesis activities in Atlanta during The Big Game, stay in touch with us on Twitter at @GenesisUSA and on Instagram at @Genesis_USA.

For more information visit www.genesis.com.

Please visit our media site for the latest news at www.genesisnewsusa.com.

Genesis Motor America on TwitterYouTubeFacebook Instagram

https://www.genesisnewsusa.com/en-us/releases/135
Tried to find some of this info on NFL.com or super bowl.com. I only see Super Bowl presented by Hyundai. https://www.nfl.com/super-bowl/event...4-8f6c43118344

Hyundai sales are up for Jan by 3%, so this new Genesis promotion as well as Hyundai NFL sponsorship for the super bowl should really enhance their sales for Feb
Old 02-01-19, 03:48 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

It seems like every single thread there needs to be a mention about Genesis or the G70, there are too many needless threads about the Genesis brand or most specific thenG70 Yes it is impressive, however any of the A4, 3 series. IS or C class can do just as good a job if not better. They are all good.
Because this thread is about Genesis.. Why wouldn't we talk about it?

And I think you should have quoted me fully.

The G70 is impressive. Though to be fair it beat out a Honda Insight and Volvo S60/V60.
The G70's win came against an Insight and S60. I should hope it wins out.

The G70 is aimed straight at the stalwart 3-Series. And thus far it's proved to be a real drivers car in the same vein as the 3-Series. It's win against the F30 a few months ago while good, doesn't tell much though since the F30 is in it's last year. When BMW releases the G20 fully, then we'll see just how good the G70 really is. BMW development chief Klaus Frohlich has gone on the record to say he is fed up with critics, and wants the G20 to beat everything. The 330i has an updated 2.0T making 255hp and 295ft-lbs which is 7hp and 37ft-lbs more than the outgoing. The M340i 3.0 I6 makes 382hp and 369ft-lbs and estimated 4.2 sec 0-60. The xDrive system can divert 100% of the torque to the rear when all-wheel drive is not needed. It's lighter than the outgoing one by as much as 121 pounds. Has a drag coefficient of 0.26. Body rigidity is up 25 percent. And finally the G20 maintains a 50:50 weight distribution. G70 2.0T vs 330i and G70 3.3T vs M340i is the battle (test) I want to see.
Old 02-01-19, 04:01 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Because this thread is about Genesis.. Why wouldn't we talk about it?

And I think you should have quoted me fully.

The G70's win came against an Insight and S60. I should hope it wins out.

The G70 is aimed straight at the stalwart 3-Series. And thus far it's proved to be a real drivers car in the same vein as the 3-Series. It's win against the F30 a few months ago while good, doesn't tell much though since the F30 is in it's last year. When BMW releases the G20 fully, then we'll see just how good the G70 really is. BMW development chief Klaus Frohlich has gone on the record to say he is fed up with critics, and wants the G20 to beat everything. The 330i has an updated 2.0T making 255hp and 295ft-lbs which is 7hp and 37ft-lbs more than the outgoing. The M340i 3.0 I6 makes 382hp and 369ft-lbs and estimated 4.2 sec 0-60. The xDrive system can divert 100% of the torque to the rear when all-wheel drive is not needed. It's lighter than the outgoing one by as much as 121 pounds. Has a drag coefficient of 0.26. Body rigidity is up 25 percent. And finally the G20 maintains a 50:50 weight distribution. G70 2.0T vs 330i and G70 3.3T vs M340i is the battle (test) I want to see.
Just saying there seems to be so many threads about the G70 or Genesis. Hard to cut quotes on an iPad.
Old 02-01-19, 04:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

What do you like about the current 3rd generation Lexus IS?
What do I like about it? Lexus reliability for the major components, a very low defect rate from the factory, the typical Toyota/Lexus mirror-shine paint job, and the fact that it has something the original IS should have had and did not (AWD). But I was clearly not as impressed with the interior and exterior materials used on the 2 and 3Gen, and they both lost the 16" 55-series, softer-riding all-season tire option the 1Gen had....you had to put up wth a stiffer ride.

Quick Reply: Genesis taking over the superbowl in Atlanta