Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ugliest Cars for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-18, 07:31 PM
TXgearhead
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
^^^ never heard of it. GTR meets Mad Max. #fail
It’s a turd of a car made by a company called W Motors. It was featured in one of the Fast and Furious movies. It was the car that jumped from one building to another.
Old 11-10-18, 08:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by theory816
Lol @ Stroock.

The Challenger ugly? I know styling is subjective, but you are the first person I've ever heard say that. And I went to high school with the original 1970 version.
Old 11-10-18, 11:56 PM
theory816
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like a foot, kinda like the Infiniti QX80
Old 11-11-18, 11:34 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

The RX and NX are pretty ugly. The Bently Bentayga is ugly, especially for such a expensive vehicle. Lambo Urus is ugly. Prius is probably the ugliest car but that new Tesla model 3 is taking its place, thing is just hideous.
Old 11-11-18, 11:57 AM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 245 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The Challenger ugly? I know styling is subjective, but you are the first person I've ever heard say that. And I went to high school with the original 1970 version.
nobody's saying the 1970 challenger doesn't look awesome... the new one though is just an attempt to recapture the 60s in an era where, sadly, one cannot make a car that dangerous and low tech anymore with as little regard for crash safety and aerodynamics.

for whatever reason 1969 seems to be the golden year. mets, jets, and knicks all win their respective championships, boeing 747 takes its first flight, man lands on the moon, and american muscle cars reached their pinnacle. the 1969 charger, challenger (model year 1970 but came out in 69), corvette, camaro, GTO, trans-am, barracuda, cougar, etc... were all great looking and still had the pre fuel restriction 350-400 hp engines.
Old 11-11-18, 01:07 PM
TXgearhead
Intermediate

Kia Stonic

Old 11-12-18, 07:49 PM
FCReulB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BMW X2
Old 11-13-18, 10:31 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

The Nissan Titan has never been a particularly good looking truck, but they really outdid theirselves with the ugly stick on the current gen. It's got a weird shape to it and the chrome is gaudy as hell. Come on Nissan, just give up, you don't belong in the truck segment and your sales numbers show it.

Old 11-13-18, 10:40 AM
TXgearhead
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
The Nissan Titan has never been a particularly good looking truck, but they really outdid theirselves with the ugly stick on the current gen. It's got a weird shape to it and the chrome is gaudy as hell. Come on Nissan, just give up, you don't belong in the truck segment and your sales numbers show it.
I forgot about that one! Probably the ugliest new truck out there.
Old 11-13-18, 10:46 AM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

3er GT

3 series GT has the weirdest propositions I’ve seen on any modern luxury car.

I am not a fan of the hideously shaped Model X. I had friend buy one on impulse and then he quickly returned to owning his 3rd Model S after he realized it was a ugly mommy mobile.

If they would’ve stretched it out a bit more it could’ve potentially been a attractive design imo. But it just looks like a beached bloated marine creature.

Old 11-13-18, 10:55 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,642 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks

i believe it's a relabeled dodge truck that was wailed on by nissan's ugly wand.

Old 11-13-18, 11:46 AM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Fiat didi a great job in creating some of the masterpieces in huglyness...

German cars in general have a design I can't look at without having eye cancer. Overseen and un-original would be my appreciation.

And here my personal eyesores, SUV's. Cardbox container design with wheels par excellence....

(I could litterally post all SUV's of nearly all builders in here)
Old 11-13-18, 01:11 PM
theory816
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Nissan Titan, Escalade, and Yukon are all nice trucks. Idk what you guys are talking about. And out of those 3, id kill to own an Escalade. The taillights on those things are pretty sick. About $2000 sick.
Old 11-13-18, 01:17 PM
TXgearhead
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Benoit

German cars in general have a design I can't look at without having eye cancer. Overseen and un-original would be my appreciation.

If you just don’t like the styling, that is fine. You are entitled to that, but calling them un-original? How so? BMW and Mercedes have styling cues that have been on their cars for decades. The German brands are the ones that are most often copied, styling wise. You can call them bland for not starting with a blank slate every generation, but I would say they are very original.

IMO, all three of those sedans are good looking as well. I like understated styling on luxury vehicles.

Last edited by TXgearhead; 11-13-18 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-13-18, 01:45 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 245 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by theory816
The Nissan Titan, Escalade, and Yukon are all nice trucks. Idk what you guys are talking about. And out of those 3, id kill to own an Escalade. The taillights on those things are pretty sick. About $2000 sick.
exactly... GM has always made super high quality products, and has never had any financial troubles necessitating some sort of government bailout or anything. the escalade in particular is known to turn every road it drives on into gold, and can make even the most modest house look upscale when parked outside.

Quick Reply: Ugliest Cars for Sale