Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

savagegeese gushes over LC500 and LC500h - great vids

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-18, 04:24 AM
DCKen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I like his reviews too.

More and more what I'm thinking about doing is buying my LS460L out of the lease at the end (residual is only $32k), keeping that to use for work and trips, etc...and leasing something fun for the tax deduction, an LC is the sort of vehicle I would seriously consider.
Let me know when you're ready for that LC 500. I have the largest inventory in the state.
Old 09-02-18, 10:01 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I like his reviews too.

More and more what I'm thinking about doing is buying my LS460L out of the lease at the end (residual is only $32k), keeping that to use for work and trips, etc...and leasing something fun for the tax deduction, an LC is the sort of vehicle I would seriously consider.
You'll have a really nice garage with a LC and LS460L, that is what I would do instead of the big SUV.
Old 09-02-18, 10:03 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RNM GS3

I have seen 1 LC coupe on the road compared to literally hundreds of the new S550 coupes/convertibles.

BTW the new BMW M850i is around the corner.
I built one yesterday and it pretty much comes standard with everything. For about $20k more than LC, you get much more power, tech and AWD. Convertible, GranCoupe and M8 versions are on the way.

LC is definitely not selling well because of various reasons that Lexus refuses to address.
I have seen 2 or 3 LC's on the road, zero S class coupes. Last week I saw a Lamborgini Aventador and Aston Martin DB10 the same day.
Old 09-02-18, 11:56 AM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,897 Likes on 1,969 Posts

I don't live in a particularly affluent area, but I saw a silver one on the way to Costco not too long ago. I was really shocked - I could probably count the number of $90k+ vehicles I've seen in my area on one hand.

Outside of that I think I've seen like 3 others in KC. All either gray or white.
Old 09-02-18, 12:08 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
no way, there's tons of expensive sport coupes around. i personally think it's a lack of marketing and dealers not knowing how to sell it. they'd rather sell ES's all day.
Originally Posted by arentz07
That's true. My point was really that the types who are interested in this car, based on the marketing that has been done, can't afford it. Then again, "a local dentist" (according to a service tech at my dealership) was the first customer they had to get an LC. So then again perhaps I am wrong.
I think the LC is nice car, but its clearly not doing as well as Lexus had hoped. Lexus is known most for its ES and RX sales.
Old 09-02-18, 12:08 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

Have not seen a single one in Chicago yet. Sales must SUCK.

Again Lexus making a car nobody really wants and/or too expensive.

At over $100k, I'd be spending a bit more and getting a 911 GTS.
Old 09-02-18, 03:18 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3

I have seen 1 LC coupe on the road compared to literally hundreds of the new S550 coupes/convertibles.

BTW the new BMW M850i is around the corner.
I built one yesterday and it pretty much comes standard with everything. For about $20k more than LC, you get much more power, tech and AWD. Convertible, GranCoupe and M8 versions are on the way.

LC is definitely not selling well because of various reasons that Lexus refuses to address.
Haha, okay guy! I'll take that as extending the truth a little bit. Lol. I'm in central Philly and travel to NYC pretty often and I honestly do not see hundreds of either coupe ( actually any coupe these days) And I can't even tell you the last time I've seen an SL. Either way, it probably isn't selling well. Maybe the lack of AWD is a factor, or price, room, etc. Who knows. Lexus doesn't really have a stellar coupe track record to begin with. But I'm happy they have a competitive offering here.

With that said also looking forward to the 8-series. The GC version has my full attention too. Would love to see a 4 door coupe version of the LC but we all know that'll never happen.
Old 09-02-18, 06:04 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg
Haha, okay guy! I'll take that as extending the truth a little bit. Lol. I'm in central Philly and travel to NYC pretty often and I honestly do not see hundreds of either coupe ( actually any coupe these days) And I can't even tell you the last time I've seen an SL. Either way, it probably isn't selling well. Maybe the lack of AWD is a factor, or price, room, etc. Who knows. Lexus doesn't really have a stellar coupe track record to begin with. But I'm happy they have a competitive offering here.

With that said also looking forward to the 8-series. The GC version has my full attention too. Would love to see a 4 door coupe version of the LC but we all know that'll never happen.
I can walk down my neighborhood and take pics of 10 new ones for you if you would like.
There are a ton of them here, BTW 4 door Sclass is like a Toyota Camry.

I saw over 10 for sure walking around today with my son.
Old 09-02-18, 07:11 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Have not seen a single one in Chicago yet. Sales must SUCK.

Again Lexus making a car nobody really wants and/or too expensive.

At over $100k, I'd be spending a bit more and getting a 911 GTS.
I think people want it, it is just priced too high, I kind of knew it was going to happen when I saw the prices which is a shame because it is a very nice car.
Old 09-02-18, 07:19 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,756 Likes on 1,970 Posts

Saw a beautiful white LC today sitting in a parking lot...like I said I see them fairly frequently. I would say 2 a month.

Took a pic:

Old 09-02-18, 07:29 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The cam/edit stuff is what saves the vids (as flawed as they are). The LC's real issue is that it wants to look like a supercar while emulating a GT cruiser. You can be one or the other, but don't try to be both because you won't convince buyers. You either buy an S class coupe or a M8 or you buy the next thing up the ladder which is wilder.
Old 09-02-18, 07:33 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,756 Likes on 1,970 Posts

When you guys are really hard on these YouTube videos, remember these are done by just people with cameras. These are mostly not professional videos, and IMHO much of the quality of the videos that are put out by ordinary enthusiasts are really, really good. These people on YouTube are turning their love for cars into businesses that in some cases make them a living. As they get more experienced their videos get better and better. Personally, I think thats really cool.

I'd like to see the sort of car videos the people being so critical are able to produce.
Old 09-02-18, 07:40 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I have seen the LC only once on the road so far, the S class coupe/vert many times, but the NSX, I have yet to see one on the road, I have only seen them in dealerships when it first came out.
Old 09-02-18, 08:23 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

I've only seen one LC 500 in the wild. I live in a suburb of one of the largest metro areas in the United States. I've only seen one NSX for sale...shockingly it was used at my Lexus dealer! The 8 series does excite me if it's anything like my M550i...so far I'm blown away by it two months into ownership.
Old 09-02-18, 09:11 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,643 Posts

I'd like to see the sort of car videos the people being so critical are able to produce.
Agreed. It's not easy, but easy to be a critic.

Quick Reply: savagegeese gushes over LC500 and LC500h - great vids