Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Spy shots - LC-F

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-18, 09:42 PM
Kense
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by john341
But none of those cars you mentioned are on the same category. lol. Sure they are faster and has cheap HP but none of them are exclusive or has a immaculate design as such the LC offers. we need to reserve judgment for later, as Lexus is trying to find the market where they can sell these cars and improve the brand cachet and make profit at the same time.
I mentioned those cars because they are the performance oriented cars of those brands. The F is supposed to be the performance portion of Lexus but has been disappointing since they got rid of the ISF. If people want a luxury regular Lexus get the non f what’s the point of the F exactly? GSF and RCF doesn’t handle great, I hope this does, they are both heavy as hell this will be too. Mercedes keeps the luxury element high but their engines are far more violent, raw,and fast as hell with AMG. The C63 will blow away every F car and costs about the same.
Old 07-25-18, 11:24 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Kense
what’s the point of the F exactly? GSF and RCF doesn’t handle great
Sorry, your opinions are not rooted in reality. Find 5 reputable reviews that reflect your views, per car. Considering the amount of reviews that are done on these types of cars, it shouldn't be hard to find 5.
Old 07-26-18, 08:10 AM
Kense
Instructor

Originally Posted by G Star
Sorry, your opinions are not rooted in reality. Find 5 reputable reviews that reflect your views, per car. Considering the amount of reviews that are done on these types of cars, it shouldn't be hard to find 5.
Thats not my job to do , you’re the one challenging me so you find 5 that back you up. Most reviews call it clumsy but I realize this is a Lexus forum and the truth can be painful. Even owners have mentioned this not just car reviewers spending a few days with the car.
Old 07-26-18, 08:30 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,510 Likes on 1,806 Posts

I mentioned those cars because they are the performance oriented cars of those brands. The F is supposed to be the performance portion of Lexus but has been disappointing since they got rid of the ISF. If people want a luxury regular Lexus get the non f what’s the point of the F exactly? GSF and RCF doesn’t handle great, I hope this does, they are both heavy as hell this will be too. Mercedes keeps the luxury element high but their engines are far more violent, raw,and fast as hell with AMG. The C63 will blow away every F car and costs about the same.
Since you mentioned Mercedes and specifically the AMG, the C63 S coupe and the RC F are roughly on par with one another in terms of weight. The RC is actually somewhat lighter. Just saying...

RC F: 3,958 lbs
C 63 S Coupe: 4,096 lbs
Old 07-26-18, 08:36 AM
Kense
Instructor

Originally Posted by arentz07
Since you mentioned Mercedes and specifically the AMG, the C63 S coupe and the RC F are roughly on par with one another in terms of weight. The RC is actually somewhat lighter. Just saying...

RC F: 3,958 lbs
C 63 S Coupe: 4,096 lbs
And the C 63 Will blow the doors off an RCF
Old 07-26-18, 08:53 AM
arentz07
drives cars

And the C 63 Will blow the doors off an RCF
Well, seeing as how this thread is about the LC...

I have no doubt that an equivalent Merc will be quicker in a straight line to a Lexus F car in the current line up. Even around the track as a whole. However, that's not entirely the point. Besides, 600 horsepower and a little over 4000 lbs, with a quick-shifting torque-converter auto, and rear-wheel drive. Where have we seen that before?

How about the previous-generation E 63? It had 577 horsepower and weighed as much as 4600 lbs. It could do 0-60 in about 3.4 seconds. So, we are talking about a car that is lighter than that and has even more horsepower (if the rumors are true). Granted, the AMG had 4Matic, whereas I'd predict the Lexus to be rear-wheel drive. Still, even if it's a little slower in the 0-60 due to having less traction, it should be fine in the quarter and around a track, due to the lighter weight afforded by keeping a rear-wheel drive drivetrain.

I'm just being hypothetical, but my point is it's clearly too early to call how this car will stack up against others in its "class".
Old 07-26-18, 08:55 AM
Kense
Instructor

Your'e right, I'm just frustrated with Lexus as of late. I'd actually rather them bring back the ISF than this LC which is going to be out of my price range. Why not build an M3/M4, C63, RS5 Competitor? Why??
Old 07-26-18, 09:00 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Your'e right, I'm just frustrated with Lexus as of late. I'd actually rather them bring back the ISF than this LC which is going to be out of my price range. Why not build an M3/M4, C63, RS5 Competitor? Why??
No, I 100% agree. They haven't really committed to building a high-performance car. However I think the LC is a good opportunity to demonstrate their ability to compete, if they take the chance. Here's hoping!
Old 07-26-18, 09:05 AM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
This is shaping up nicely. What’s with the asymmetrical mini radiators in the front? Can’t wait to see the final product with F on the sides.

I think those are the intercoolers for each bank. Probably just testing out for now with some hand made brackets for mounting.
Old 07-26-18, 01:48 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ST430
I think those are the intercoolers for each bank. Probably just testing out for now with some hand made brackets for mounting.
Looked at the picture again, I agree. I think those are intercoolers at the front. If that's the case then this LC's engine is turbocharged!
Old 07-26-18, 02:08 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

You’re about as wrong as somebody could be
mustangs, corvettes, and camaros are a dime a dozen and not rare. There are people always trying to take pictures when we're in the LC and Viper. Who cares that some cars are faster youre stuck in traffic 99% of the time. There is always a faster car. This experience is a heck of a lot more fun than telling someone this car is .5 sec faster at X.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 07-26-18 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-26-18, 03:32 PM
Kense
Instructor

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
mustangs, corvettes, and camaros are a dime a dozen and not rare. There are people always trying to take pictures when we're in the LC and Viper. Who cares that some cars are faster youre stuck in traffic 99% of the time. There is always a faster car. This experience is a heck of a lot more fun than telling someone this car is .5 sec faster at X.
That's like saying Lexus's are a dime a dozen. You do NOT see GT350's, ZL1's and Z06's a "dime a dozen". Are HellCats and Demon's dime a dozen cars too? No. Every auto show I'm at people are waiting in line to sit in those cars. So again you're wrong, By your logic why not just get a base model Honda Accord since you don't care about speed. This is an enthusiast forum and I care about power.
Old 07-26-18, 04:06 PM
sears1234
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Since I have owned GS 350 before, I notice one strange thing.
05' GS and 12' E350 has similar HP and torque on paper, but when I push them hard, they behave similar below 60 mph, when I keep pushing, GS doesn't give me much push at high speed, E350 can push my back even over 80+ mph, I consulted with Lexus Stevens, the sales guy told me I shouldn't torture it, it can damage the engine, so I guess Lexus put some protections of high RPM.
Old 07-26-18, 05:03 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ST430
Ah thank you. Last night I couldn’t think of the name ‘intercooler’. Makes sense if there are two and this is a TTV8.
Old 07-26-18, 05:26 PM
Blaze876
Advanced

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

both heavy as hell? You realize the gsf is lighter than the M5 and AMG by a large margin right?

Doesn't handle great? Lol ah someone mentioned, find 5 articles that said the gsf doesn't handle great. You wanted him to find it but you're stating a bunch of lies.

Quick Reply: Spy shots - LC-F