Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Took my new ride home!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-18, 02:12 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Took my new ride home!

My kia and Bmw lease are going to end this September, and I actually started shopping since last year.
My mind was going all over the place since I need to get both me and my wife new cars, and this time she won’t settle for somthing ‘cheap’. And then of course for my car, the decision was hard since there are soooo many choice at my price range. Luckily since my wife wants a SUV, and our moving/shopping for furniture was done so we don’t need a minivan anymore, she told me I can basically get whatever I want as long as it sits 4
For her ride, I was considering Escalade, Ranger Rover, Range Rover Velar, GLS, Navigator, and Cayenne. Her parking skill isn’t great so I didn’t want her to get a full size since our driveway is 90 degree turn into the garage.

For me, I was looking at facelift S560, E63S, CTS-V, M550i, M5, and 911. I didn’t really want to buy a 911 since it’s little too much on the payment, and I was trying to be make both payments (I lease my cars only) under 2800/mo.

Last Saturday I was putting my M into service, and my Salesman walked over to me to inform me that the first M5 just arrived there, so he wanted me to look at it. It was San Marino blue with black interior, and when I started the engine, I want to take it home! And then just like what I said over in the M5 tread, the dealership wanted 25k markup on the car, and make it $2700 with 5k down! Ha! They are asking 1k too much a month for that regular M5! I was willing to pay MSRP since it’s brand new ( and I know a lot of people in different State bought it at MSRP that day ), but never 25k over that lol.

But my car buying itch was all over me then, so I headed over to Porsche thinking if I’m going to pay that much a month, I might as well get my dream ride 911 since I always want one since I was a teen! Judging from Porsche lease rate, I knew I should keep the price under 130k to not over spend, but after walking through the dealer inventory, this GT silver C4S caught my eyes! And it basically has all the options I would want: msrp 152k...
To my surprise, my wife saw how much I loved the car, and she told me: just go with your heart desire, or you will regret for another 3 years!

Putting long story short: I signed contracts on the C4S and a Platinum Edition Cayenne for my Wife! We took the Cayenne home that day, but the 911 has a wheel rash and they have to fix it before talking delievry, so after a long painful week of waiting, I finally brought it home today! I only drove it 10 miles today so I can’t write a driving impression yet, so for now, here are some pictures!

Old 03-28-18, 02:13 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

And I already ordered clear side markers to get rid of the ugly stock amber ones, looks so much better.
Old 03-28-18, 03:15 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Sorry, I am really disappointed with your cars in the pics.
You need the Cayenne on the right in the pics!!!! Nice cars you got there!!!!
Old 03-28-18, 04:18 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

911 looks incredible- congrats!
Old 03-28-18, 06:01 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

Congratulations isn't the word for it.

Wow...you went through a boatload of cash in one day.....a new 911 and Cayenne both at once? That dealership will probably have you on the front page of their next ad.

You've just shown us a good example of why CL moderators don't all drive a Lexus.

I see you still have the BMW, at least in the pictures. What do you plan to do with it?

Also, how did the 911 get wheel-rash.....or don't you know? Did you scrape the rim on a test-drive?
Old 03-28-18, 06:09 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Congrats! dang. living vicariously through you bro!

btw my buddy was at Porsche of Greenwich, apparently a redo event at the dealership this week...he said he might lease a Cayman S on Sat. But he emailed me the terms and I said Steve, it only allows 5k miles per year, is it worth it? He said since it's a 3rd car and he's single, yes! SWEET!

Porsche is really special, I am letting go of the dream, maybe I should not lol (have owned one in the past, try not to think about that)
Old 03-28-18, 07:11 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Congratulations isn't the word for it.

Wow...you went through a boatload of cash in one day.....a new 911 and Cayenne both at once? That dealership will probably have you on the front page of their next ad.

You've just shown us a good example of why CL moderators don't all drive a Lexus.

I see you still have the BMW, at least in the pictures. What do you plan to do with it?

Also, how did the 911 get wheel-rash.....or don't you know? Did you scrape the rim on a test-drive?

Me and the sales both noticed the rash, probably from previous test drives, the car did have 25 miles on it.

I did received an expensive chocolate set when taking the Cayenne, and when I go pick up the 911! Yesterday, the owner of the dealership was actually waiting for me to help me taking delivery. And he did a good job making me feel special lol.

Porsche didn’t take trade in of my Kia and Bmw, which I had 5 months of payments left, and both cars are way under mileage( kia 20860 bmw 16080 ). They did give me deeper discount for the Porsche’s though. So for the Kia, I made remaining payment and returned it this week. I don’t know about the Bmw, I still need to make all the payments on it, but I don’t know if I wanna return it early or just keep driving it. Keep an extra car just means more insurance and registration fee, but on the other hand I don’t need it and don’t want to put more wear on it that I may end up paying when returning ( the tires still ok, but 5 months of driving I might have to replace the set which is 2k )

Old 03-28-18, 07:31 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 200 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Y

Wow, that was awesome, getting two Porsches all at once, congratulations, and enjoy !!
More pics please, especially the 911
Old 03-28-18, 08:08 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,392 Posts

oh man, living the dream...

congrats!!!!!
Old 03-28-18, 08:24 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

The 991 and the E63s AMG wagon are my two favorites as far as realistic cars that forum members have gotten. When a former President at the firm retired 3? yrs. ago, he said I have plenty of time and will get my 911, but I have serious doubts lol He had a 997 S and said it took him 30 yrs. of working.....
Old 03-28-18, 10:27 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400

Me and the sales both noticed the rash, probably from previous test drives, the car did have 25 miles on it.

I did received an expensive chocolate set when taking the Cayenne, and when I go pick up the 911! Yesterday, the owner of the dealership was actually waiting for me to help me taking delivery. And he did a good job making me feel special lol.

Porsche didn’t take trade in of my Kia and Bmw, which I had 5 months of payments left, and both cars are way under mileage( kia 20860 bmw 16080 ). They did give me deeper discount for the Porsche’s though. So for the Kia, I made remaining payment and returned it this week. I don’t know about the Bmw, I still need to make all the payments on it, but I don’t know if I wanna return it early or just keep driving it. Keep an extra car just means more insurance and registration fee, but on the other hand I don’t need it and don’t want to put more wear on it that I may end up paying when returning ( the tires still ok, but 5 months of driving I might have to replace the set which is 2k )

Wow they must of gave you amazing price on the Porsches if you still have to pay your BMW M for 5months. That like another $6-7k.
Old 03-28-18, 11:13 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RNM GS3

Wow they must of gave you amazing price on the Porsches if you still have to pay your BMW M for 5months. That like another $6-7k.

My buddy said a non S 718 is $499/mo. with $2,995 down. I would like to think there isn't a single person on this forum who couldn't pick the car up this weekend at that rate. But for me, it's not worth $499. To others, hey, it's a Porsche. But it does strike me from an absolute number, as being pretty inexpensive....amazing, not sure just that it doesn't sound expensive at all...
Old 03-28-18, 12:55 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Can't stand the X6 looks (though they drive nice), but man that C4S is the business!
Old 03-28-18, 01:09 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Can't stand the X6 looks (though they drive nice), but man that C4S is the business!
Never noticed (on the road) that the led goes across the back...991.2 right? Time to make friends with Nick Murray! 7 speed manual in his...dang! He drives his even in the snow and puts his dog inside...dunno if lease or buy, prolly lease

p.s. my wife liked driving the X6, but if it were me rather have an X5, but actually not at all, too small to be really useful...
Old 03-28-18, 03:02 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

C4S has wider rear fenders and the light cross the rear. Standard 911 or S doesn’t have it. It’s one thing to differentiate the AWD model

Quick Reply: Took my new ride home!