Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Is this a good deal for a Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-17, 05:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,925 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The Weathertech stuff is excellent...I agree with Bit on that one. That is a good option. They are not always available for the back seat, though.

The cheapest way, of course, is to just pay $20 or $30 at Walmart, Target, or an auto-parts store......but, of course, you get what you pay for. Those $20-30 mats are basically generic-shaped, aren't custom-fitted, and don't cover the edges of the floor-wells, which can get soiled and dirty.
In my experience Weather Tech is superior quality to most OEM mats. I dont care for the full floor liners, I prefer the mats. I only put the all weather ones in there during the winter, and the molded ones are a pain to store.

Only reason I bought OEM mats for my LS is they didn't have the weathertech mats for my car with the right lock, only the liners.

Going to Walmart and buying some poorly fitting crappy one size fits all mat for a nice new car is a real shame IMHO.
Old 08-13-17, 08:44 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Crying over all seasons floor mats or a trunk mat is so trivial and silly. Sounds like the OP has never bought a car before.

My Corolla, and my parents 4Runner and ES350 all came with both the carpet and all season OEM rubber mat, Canadian spec Toyotas have them standard. Problem is that A) they suck and B) you technically pay for them in the grand scheme price. Nothing is for free.

Both of our Matrix and Corolla cars we bought Weathertech aftermarket rubber mats that do a far better better job that the OEM mats. My 04 4Runner has the OEM rubber mats but they don't do the best job for keeping salt off the carpet. They might even be plastic for all I know.
Lol what the heck? Never bought a car before? I bought TWO.

If you read my post, I'm saying I'm finding it odd that the HONDA CIVIC does not come with/not an option to get CARPET trunk mats, whereas my Mazda and Lexus did FROM FACTORY (although yes, it was included in the price but at least it was available).

And just FYI, my Lexus IS All-Weather mats were free soo....

Originally Posted by SW15LS
In my experience Weather Tech is superior quality to most OEM mats. I dont care for the full floor liners, I prefer the mats. I only put the all weather ones in there during the winter, and the molded ones are a pain to store.

Only reason I bought OEM mats for my LS is they didn't have the weathertech mats for my car with the right lock, only the liners.

Going to Walmart and buying some poorly fitting crappy one size fits all mat for a nice new car is a real shame IMHO.
I'll look into what my gf wants to do. Mainly her car anyways. Probably look into aftermarket custom ones like weathertech or buy oem online.
Old 08-14-17, 05:37 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Bottom line is it's an economy car, the best one IMHO but it's still an economy car. You're not going to have all the little niceties you have in a more expensive car.
Old 08-14-17, 05:57 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse

If you read my post, I'm saying I'm finding it odd that the HONDA CIVIC does not come with/not an option to get CARPET trunk mats, whereas my Mazda and Lexus did FROM FACTORY (although yes, it was included in the price but at least it was available).
What actual cars come with a carpet trunk mat as an option?

For the record. Honda USA offers a rubber trunk mat and not one but TWO different interior all season floor mats.
Old 08-14-17, 06:01 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

3 of our cars have OE trunk mats, I don't think it's that unusual. Two are rubber, and one is carpeted. The 1998 Maxima does not have a trunk mat. But it came with nice carpeted ones that are today totally worn away by my left heel since it operated the clutch for all these years. The hooks actually were integrated to the car and really kept the mats in their proper places, much better than the LS430 and BMW...
Old 08-14-17, 06:05 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Again, none of those cars are economy cars.
Old 08-14-17, 06:18 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Again, none of those cars are economy cars.
True....even the Maxima could be considered a luxury car but it did lack a mat. Another thing I just thought of, the Maxima has cheap pressboard over the compact spare, that warped over the years, causing the floor of the trunk to be weak and not flat. Have a feeling that the other cars are not flimsy like that, but would have to take a closer look to verify....
Old 08-14-17, 06:30 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Just looking at Lexus.com The LS460 does not come with all season mats, they are an accessory. And a carpet trunk mat is a $105 accessory. .

I really don't know why the OP is perturbed.
Old 08-14-17, 06:31 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Just looking at Lexus.com The LS460 does not come with all season mats, they are an accessory. And a carpet trunk mat is a $105 accessory. .
Yep, is that way on every car I've ever bought. Mats are included on almost all of them but you pay for them as an accessory, they're on the sticker.