Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Honda people and Lexus people

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-17, 08:07 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Question Honda people and Lexus people

Anyone else driving a lexus notice people in hondas especially those in newer civics seem to always be driving up ur bumper and doing ricer fly by's ?
Old 04-15-17, 09:27 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 209 Likes on 138 Posts

Nah. I drive a modded IS-F and a-holes in all types of makes/models do this.
Old 04-15-17, 10:44 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

Never see that. Ignore the less mature around you and driving is much more of a pleasure and stress-free.
Old 04-15-17, 10:58 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

happens a lot. you just gotta get used to it I guess
Old 04-16-17, 05:48 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Everybody ignores my LS because they figure I must be 83 years old.
Old 04-16-17, 09:18 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

For every one Honda Civic that rides my bumper, there is a Scion FR-S or Lexus IS driver that does the same. They all have the same common denominator... young kids who seems to think the faster they reach the red light, the quicker they'll get to their destination. lol .
Old 04-16-17, 04:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

When I had my bright yellow IS300 some years ago, some young kids with their caps on backwards challenged me to an early-Sunday-mornng stop-light drag (not much traffic). I ignored them, just like Fizzboy7. So, they floored it, and took off, probably just to show me up.....right into the hands of a cop sitting off the side of the road with radar LOL.
Old 04-16-17, 04:39 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSteg
For every one Honda Civic that rides my bumper, there is a Scion FR-S or Lexus IS driver that does the same. They all have the same common denominator... young kids who seems to think the faster they reach the red light, the quicker they'll get to their destination. lol .
Yep....good point. I can't think of how many impatient young drivers I've had whiz pass me at the first possible chance (sometimes even with a Bronx Salute)....only for me to catch right back up with them again at the next red light or stop sign LOL. And I did the same distance with a lot less wear on my brakes/powertrain and fuel-use.
Old 04-17-17, 08:36 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

^ This is why I don't speed in town, no point, I do the limit or maybe 5 over at the most. Now if you're some idiot driving really slow, asleep/on the phone at the red light, accelerating at a snail's pace(ie holding up 10 people behind you that aren't going to make the light), well you can go rot in hell. When the light turns green, it means GO!!! Pay attention, hit the gas and get a move on, there are other people behind you who don't want to sit at another red light for 5 minutes.
Old 04-18-17, 09:17 AM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you're driving a performance-oriented Lexus like an IS-F, GS-F, RC-F, etc. there's no reason why ricers would try and race you. They drive like idiots all the time and I think you're confusing their behavior as being directed toward you.
Old 04-18-17, 09:44 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by kitabel
Faster than you = more important than you.
Extra points for cell phone use, hat on backward, 6" fart can, 30 degree negative camber, 90% window tint.
Having lightly tinted window is dangerous? Or did you mean 5-10% tint?
Old 04-18-17, 03:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kitabel
Faster than you = more important than you.
Extra points for cell phone use, hat on backward, 6" fart can, 30 degree negative camber, 90% window tint.
With tint that dark, you probably won't be able to tell which way their hat is on LOL. (and, BTW, I think mk416 is correct......darker tint is measured in low numbers, not nigh numbers like 90%).
Old 04-18-17, 09:14 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,250 Likes on 870 Posts

This would happen all the time when I had a Mustang but sometimes not from all ricers. Then it happened very frequently when I had a late model Prelude some years ago. With my SC it happens but it's random. I don't have a body kit or wing or anything like that and so it's usually an invisible Lexus. Then you get the occasional someone in a 130hp whatever with l33t ricer modz (and rarely a WRX, Evo, IS300, 240sx, Mustang, Benz, etc.) who comes right up on you or next to you revving to redline from a stoplight or cutting in front of slower moving traffic to get ahead of you in your lane. And sometimes it's people in a 130hp-ish average looking car that all of a sudden and without warning thinks it's a race from a stoplight.

Usually these folks have some idea of what your car is (or think it is) and automatically assume it's race day. It's always funny when I just accelerate normally as I watch them wring out their econobox engine only to catch up to them droning along at a more sedate speed some ways down. This has been everything from jalopies to 90's Civics and Integras to Priuses-- yes, even Priuses. For some reason a good number of drivers-- not the majority but a sizable enough number-- of those cars tend to be equally aggressive and accelerator happy from stoplights without warning, making you wonder what they're thinking.

It's a time-old trend. Right now it's Hondas and underpowered econoboxes and later it will be something else.

Originally Posted by BrownPride
Unless you're driving a performance-oriented Lexus like an IS-F, GS-F, RC-F, etc. there's no reason why ricers would try and race you. They drive like idiots all the time and I think you're confusing their behavior as being directed toward you.
^^ This I agree with also. More often than not the behavior of these drivers is something that was going on before they encountered your vehicle and will continue after they have driven away from you. It's just a minute or three in which they encountered you.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 04-18-17 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-18-17, 10:34 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't drive a Lexus anymore, but so far I only had a RC350 F with new dealer tag picked on me once, he literally tried to line up with me every stoplight and floor the gas, only find out he's stopped next red light when I pulled up. Finally I had enough and just smoked him and wave him bye!
surprised a lot of people know how fast my car is, they either moved away or give me a nod. Other times 911s, SRTs or even a R8 v10 tried to have a go just for fun.
Old 04-19-17, 12:12 AM
vangx470
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree with u GSTEG - esp in Vancouver where every one, and I mean everyone, effen refuses to move over to the right /slower lane ! Painful ..urgghhh

Quick Reply: Honda people and Lexus people