Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lease Return Questions. PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-16, 07:49 PM
Lions81
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation Lease Return Questions. PLEASE HELP

Need a little help here.
I am coming to the end of My 27month GS lease and just leased the new RX.
The dealership told me that it is much better for me to do a home inspection, I have never had this done before as my previous lease Infiniti I knew the guy who did the inspection, just tipped him and all was well. Has anyone dealt with a Lexus at home inspection - how are the inspectors, how thorough are they, are we allowed to tip them? After scheduling today, they told me that results will be posted one week later - so I wont even know same day of inspection if I am being charged? They can add things after inspection
Does anyone know anyone that works for this third party company?
Any advice is greatly appreciate thank you.

Also I heard that unless you purchase your current vehicle you have to pay a dispossession fee, but I also heard that if you lease a new Lexus you wont have to pay a dispossession fee? So which is it?

Is it only the dealer that can wave final payment or can that be done via Lexus financial?
I have just read so many terrifying posts about lease return with Lexus, and I am now very concerned
Old 02-22-16, 08:01 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,380 Posts

was your gs lease part of the rx deal? if not that would helped you a lot.

and sorry, don't know anything about home inspections.
Old 02-22-16, 11:46 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Is there something you are worried over regarding the car? If you haven't thrashed it or gone over miles, it shouldn't matter whether someone is coming to your home or you take it to the dealer for inspection. Infractions are infractions or a good car is a good car.
Old 02-23-16, 05:21 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Fixxboy you are 100% right, OP appears to be nervous about the condition of the returning car.

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Is there something you are worried over regarding the car? If you haven't thrashed it or gone over miles, it shouldn't matter whether someone is coming to your home or you take it to the dealer for inspection. Infractions are infractions or a good car is a good car.
Old 02-23-16, 10:49 AM
Lions81
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I just want the truth.

I am not worried about mileage, or really the condition.
The car is mint, I ran her hard, but I took care of her, I have just read so many negative lease return horror story reviews regarding Lexus - that I do not know what is true or not.
This is our third lease and we have never had any issues, I am just not sure how the home inspection or anything of that nature works.
The only issue with my current vehicle is a tiny tar stain on the hood, that I will clean off it's half the size of a dime, and I do not know how to tell whether there is or is not tread on my tires.
What I am worried about is that I read that a bunch of things get made up after you turn in your vehicle and then you are hit with some insane astronomical fee's. - That's what has me paranoid, anyone that has done a home inspection through Lexus please let me know the end result, are they honest?
And unfortunately I was not able to make the GS part of the deal, the price I got my wife the RX for is pennies on the dollar, the dealer wasnt able to even cancel out the last payment - which I truly don't understand - as I thought that LFS take's care of your last payment and my lease return date is the first week of April?
Old 02-23-16, 01:58 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Lions81
The only issue with my current vehicle is a tiny tar stain on the hood, that I will clean off it's half the size of a dime, and I do not know how to tell whether there is or is not tread on my tires.
Try this on any of your stains, abrasions, or shallow surface-scratches. Inexpensive and effective. I've used it myself for years. Be careful, though, that you use the Scratch/Swirl-Removal blend, and not the Scratch-Out Rubbing Compound.

Old 02-23-16, 02:28 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I haven't heard of any crazy stories about accusations after an inspection. They are all the same, whether at the dealer or your home. If your car is in good condition, you can breath again.