Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Classic high-speed police chase in my neighborhood today.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-15, 01:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Exclamation Classic high-speed police chase in my neighborhood today.

This happened just this morning in my neighborhood....Fairfax County, VA. The D.C. area's I-495 Beltway runs just a couple of miles east. My brother works at the U.S. 50/Fairview Park intersection where this chase started.

Quite a chase. This lady was determined, and she pulled some classic stunts. Fairfax County Police and Virginia State Police are some of the best in the country, though (they receive a lot of training), and they eventually managed to box her in. Unfortunately, a couple of their cruisers (Tauruses and Crown Vics) got banged up, and three officers were hurt.

Another tense moment today happened when a prisoner under Federal charges being held by the USMS at Fairfax Hospital (also very close to that major intersection), violently escaped , hijacked two vehicles, and eluded police (he was picked up in D.C. shortly after)....but that event (which was not on video) had nothing to do with this one.

Here's the video:

She appears to be in an Extended-Cab Chevy Silverado, probably with a good-size V8 under the hood.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...298121101.html

Three Fairfax County police officers were injured during a dramatic police chase that added to the chaos Tuesday morning in the suburb just outside of Washington, D.C .

Police say the chase began as a traffic stop near Route 50 and Fairview Park. The female driver, identified by police as 36-year-old Lakisha Tracy, refused to stop her silver pickup truck, leading police onto the Beltway and then Interstate 95.

At one point, a police cruiser clipped Tracy's truck, causing her to lose control. The truck spun out, allowing police to box her in and take her into custody.

The chase, which ended just before 8 a.m., is not related to the search for a prisoner who escaped custody at Inova Fairfax Hospital. Tracy was wanted in Arlington County for credit card theft, forgery and other driving related offenses, a source told News4's David Culver. All three officers were taken to an area hospital for injuries that are not life-threatening.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-31-15 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-31-15, 02:48 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

yeeehaw.

Look at that truck do donuts. Gotta love RWD
Old 03-31-15, 03:04 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pman6
yeeehaw.

Look at that truck do donuts. Gotta love RWD
Those donuts are probably going to get her some significant prison time....and she already had outstanding warrants for several other crimes, even before the chase, the damage to the police cars, and the injured officers.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-31-15 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-31-15, 03:36 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Lakisha was running for a good reason. The stuff she was wanted for was a felony and Im sure she will be behind bars for a while. I always wonder why people think they can get away from cops and new helicopters......or at least try it in something really fast. Another hood rat behind bars and one less person I will have to worry about stealing my identity
Old 03-31-15, 04:28 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Lakisha was running for a good reason. The stuff she was wanted for was a felony and Im sure she will be behind bars for a while. I always wonder why people think they can get away from cops and new helicopters......or at least try it in something really fast. Another hood rat behind bars and one less person I will have to worry about stealing my identity
As far as being in something fast, even a Bugatti Veyron wouldn't guarantee you could outrun the cops in D.C.-area traffic. You saw that wall of backed-up traffic that she ran into on I-95 North (typical
of I-95's morning rush)....that's where she started to get into real trouble, veered down the meridian, and the cops managed to corner her.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-31-15 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-31-15, 06:28 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish they would go back to the old ways of doing high speed chases....after they drag the basterd out they'd give them a good ole beat down. But thats not happening anymore.
Old 03-31-15, 06:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stormwind
Wish they would go back to the old ways of doing high speed chases....after they drag the basterd out they'd give them a good ole beat down. But thats not happening anymore.
Here in this part of VA, we usually don't get a lot of serious crime (certainly not like next door in D.C. and Prince Georges County, MD), and the police are generally not known for tough-guy stuff, although a few of them can still be arrogant. Plus, in this case, because the suspect was a woman, undoubtedly the sexist-card would have come out if those male officers did treat her too harshly. But this woman was obviously no angel, so, to an extent at least, officers obviously had to deal with that...they couldn't treat her like one.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-31-15 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-01-15, 10:44 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

And all of this comes on the heels, a couple of days ago, of NSA security-police at Ft. Meade, MD, not far away, having to shoot at a couple of cross-dressers in a stolen vehicle, trying to crash through the gate. One was killed....turns out he had worked as a prostitute.
Old 04-01-15, 11:09 AM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, great team work
Old 04-01-15, 11:13 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kyo7878
wow, great team work
Yes, Virginia funds and trains its police well, both at State and local levels.
Old 04-01-15, 12:55 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
undoubtedly the sexist-card .
even more so, the racist card would be played because she's black.
Old 04-01-15, 01:01 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pman6
even more so, the racist card would be played because she's black.
That's usually not much of an issue in this county, because of its enormous racial diversity. Racially, everyone here are used to living with each other, and with other people, of all colors and backgrounds, from all over the world. I'm not saying the sexist card would have been used if the police had used more force (and perhaps I shouldn't have used the term "undoubtedly"), but it would probably have been more likely than the racial one.