Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Buick Envision Leaked

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-14, 02:12 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/buick...photo-2879419/
Old 08-28-14, 04:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^+1
In one more gen from now with Cadillac and Buick, and I may actually consider one.
You may have to move to China to get one. It looks like it's going to be limited to that market.

Some minor gripes. Not liking some of the typical Buick ergonomics like the light switch, radio *****, and fake wood (assumption).
Come on. It's a Buick. Not having fake (or real) wood would be a sacrilege.

The large, round light-switch is not necessarily Buick. It's a standard parts-bin switch shared with many other GM vehicles.

Size-wise, at 183.6 in Length / 72.4 Width, it's neck and neck with the compact luxury competitors. Lincoln (MKC) needs to worry.
Both will also have to face the Lexus NX debuting shortly (assuming they are all three available in China, or the Envision is also sold here).

While I'll reserve further comment without actually seeing one, right off the bat, IMO, it looks like what Buick SHOULD have introduced here in the American market last year and didn't, when they introduced the smaller Buick Encore instead. The Encore, IMO, was one of GM's recent mistakes. Though it does seem to be selling reasonably well, to me, it's too small, too short in the front/rear, too awkwardly tall in its stance, and too underpowered with a Mickey-Mouse 1.4L turbo of only 138 HP.

Last edited by mmarshall; 08-28-14 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-28-14, 09:24 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Agreeable styling, minus the VW Routan taillights. Overall, it appears to hit most marks.
Old 10-06-14, 04:14 PM
Hoovey689

Default Buick Envision to go on sale Stateside in third quarter of 2015

Gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/buick...photo-2884268/

Following an earlier concept and successive teasers, Buick revealed the new Envision crossover a little over a month ago. The thing is, it was launched in China, for China. The question, then, is whether it will make the jump to the North American market. And the answer is: quite possibly.

According to division sales chief Duncan Aldred in speaking to Edmunds, Buick is looking into the prospect of bringing the Envision to the US: "We can't confirm anything, but clearly it is a very nicely designed and executed product that is very much a Buick," said Aldred.

If and when the compact crossover would appear in US showrooms, it would slot in between the smaller Encore and the larger Enclave. It would likely be offered in front-wheel drive, all-wheel drive and mild hybrid configurations. Sources expect it to arrive in the third quarter of 2015 as a competitor to the likes of the Mercedes GLA, Lexus NX and Lincoln MKC.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/10/06/b...r-2015-report/
Old 10-06-14, 04:47 PM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
You may have to move to China to get one. It looks like it's going to be limited to that market.

Come on. It's a Buick. Not having fake (or real) wood would be a sacrilege.

The large, round light-switch is not necessarily Buick. It's a standard parts-bin switch shared with many other GM vehicles.

Both will also have to face the Lexus NX debuting shortly (assuming they are all three available in China, or the Envision is also sold here).

While I'll reserve further comment without actually seeing one, right off the bat, IMO, it looks like what Buick SHOULD have introduced here in the American market last year and didn't, when they introduced the smaller Buick Encore instead. The Encore, IMO, was one of GM's recent mistakes. Though it does seem to be selling reasonably well, to me, it's too small, too short in the front/rear, too awkwardly tall in its stance, and too underpowered with a Mickey-Mouse 1.4L turbo of only 138 HP.
How is the encore a failure if its selling well? Just because you don't like it doesn't make a mistake. Sales = success
Old 10-06-14, 05:01 PM
Hoovey689

Buick is doing well with the Enclave and Encore. I imagine this Envision will do well Stateside as also. Especially since it's competing in a currently hot segment with GLA, NX, MKC, RDX, X1, Q3
Old 10-06-14, 05:50 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by doge
How is the encore a failure if its selling well? Just because you don't like it doesn't make a mistake. Sales = success
I never said it wasn't selling well. But I still maintain that, good sales or not, there are better designs on the market for the same price-range.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Buick is doing well with the Enclave and Encore. I imagine this Envision will do well Stateside as also.
If Buick does decide to bring the Environ here, I think that some of the Encore owners that doge refers to will be sorry they didn't wait.

Buick is looking into the prospect of bringing the Envision to the US: "We can't confirm anything,
Classic double-talk, IMO. This question has been up in the air for months. Buick needs to make a decision....yes or no. They can't keep potential buyers in the loop forever.

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-06-14 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-06-14, 06:11 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Classic double-talk, IMO. This question has been up in the air for months. Buick needs to make a decision....yes or no. They can't keep potential buyers in the loop forever.
The car is done, the decisions have likely been made internally (so much other GM news why over saturate right), and the Envision is likely to arrive in late 2015. I don't doubt it and personally I feel 100% confident it will be available late 2015 as a MY16. This is something I'd put my money where my mouth is