Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

ALL About Leasing and Buying

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-14, 12:29 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joebruin
I'm still far ways from doing anything at this point. Right now payoff is $37.2k and car has about 5900 miles on it. 2013 es300h 27 months lease, 18 months left. I'm thinking in about 2 more years, after possible lease extension to about 36 months, car will have maybe 25k miles and payoff will be $28k. I'm guessing car will be worth about $30k at that point.
How much did you pay?
What is the Residual value?
Old 07-07-14, 12:35 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

If your car is going to be worth $30,000 with only 25k miles, that means trade in will be around $27.000 make you
Upside down $1000. Depending if your state allows trade in tax, you may get another $1800 credit. So it will be close to a wash or maybe $800 positive eq. Selling it is the only option if you want positive equity for sure!

The dealer may push the trade in for $28,500 you never know I guess, if you buying a new car.

Last edited by FastTags; 07-07-14 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-27-14, 12:26 AM
krava
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have taken a lot of math but it has been awhile. My deal is they want me to pay a 1 time lease which is cheaper and going to be around $21,500 or so for the GS for 30 Month Term. If I do this and I buy the car at the end of the term and keep it for 8-10 years would that be cheaper then financing the car and buying it outright at a 6-7% interest rate? and does Doing a 1 time lease help your credit score at all? I have 0 credit aka A ghost. Or should I get a 3 year old lease return CPO and pay 75% in cash, finance it at 6-7% or whatever I can get? so the basic info is, do a 1 time lease prepaid or whatever then buy it at the end or buy a used or new car with a lot down and high interest rate? which one is best?

Last edited by krava; 07-27-14 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-27-14, 07:32 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by krava
I have taken a lot of math but it has been awhile. My deal is they want me to pay a 1 time lease which is cheaper and going to be around $21,500 or so for the GS for 30 Month Term. If I do this and I buy the car at the end of the term and keep it for 8-10 years would that be cheaper then financing the car and buying it outright at a 6-7% interest rate? and does Doing a 1 time lease help your credit score at all? I have 0 credit aka A ghost. Or should I get a 3 year old lease return CPO and pay 75% in cash, finance it at 6-7% or whatever I can get? so the basic info is, do a 1 time lease prepaid or whatever then buy it at the end or buy a used or new car with a lot down and high interest rate? which one is best?

Well, you gotta do the math kid, in your case since you are a ghost i would advise to actually finance at least something so that you could build the Credit. I dont think with one time lease your credit will improve since there is no Actual credit that takes place.

So, with that being said, I cant tell you if you got a good deal or not since there are no other numbers, but what you need to find out is what does the dealer charge you for, other fees etc..

I am not familiar with One time Leases, so I cant comment a lot about the subject.

There are Banks like Pentagon Federal Credit union that give out better rates 2.49% sometimes even better. Penfed even has Payment Saver, its like a Lease.
Try your luck there perhaps.
Old 07-27-14, 11:45 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

I don't wanna think how much your mountly payment would be without any credit history. And you do realize that id you pay a one time $21k lease and you total your car after few months you lose all your money right?!
If you need to build your credit fast go to a bank and open a security credit card. That would set your credit in less than a year.
Old 07-27-14, 10:37 PM
krava
Lead Lap

its a myth about loosing all your money, if it wasn't a 1 time lease you do lose your upfront downpayment. I had to do a lot of research and still doing it.
Old 07-28-14, 05:46 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

its a myth about loosing all your money, if it wasn't a 1 time lease you do lose your upfront downpayment. I had to do a lot of research and still doing it.
When you do a one time lease do you pay any intrest ?

I dont think you do. In any way a lease is a lease which means in case of an accident you/bank will only be refunded by insurance for the money you owe, unless you have an insurance for the actual value of the Vehicle!

Which is optional.

Last edited by FastTags; 07-28-14 at 05:55 AM.
Old 07-28-14, 10:29 AM
krava
Lead Lap

Default This is what I am being offered on 14 GS MSRP 54,500

This is for a pretty loaded GS350 luxary package etc.

Right now, if you were to purchase and finance for 5 years, your rate would be 9.5% for that term. With this lease, the interest rate for 33 months is 7.5% and that has already been applied to the one pay of $23,305.28. For 33 months you make no payments. The residual cost of the car after 33 months will be $32,722.00. This is the price of the car that you will finance should you choose to buy it at the end of the lease term. Also, with the established credit, your interest rate will be lower thus making the purchase a lot more economical.

In addition, Lexus is providing $1,750 lease cash which has been included. This cash “rebate” is not provided on a purchase so that is another advantage of the one pay lease.
Old 08-15-14, 06:54 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

great video...

Old 08-26-14, 10:40 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^some good tips in there...
Old 09-01-14, 07:35 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What kind of business lease deductions are people getting? I've always heard that leasing makes most sense when you can claim as small business expense. How much does that help?
Old 09-01-14, 08:09 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do this.... You will have to pay a small luxury car lease inclusion on your taxes but its not much, you will also have to note how much is personal use and you will take that off the write off. Such as $10,000 in lease payments, 20% personal use, you deduct $8000.00.

Its easier under the business name, I seen where people do a personal lease then "lease the car" to the company.

My best quotes recently for insurance has come from Geico for a business leased car driven by employees mostly.
Old 09-01-14, 08:56 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by J.P.

My best quotes recently for insurance has come from Geico for a business leased car driven by employees mostly.
it's not surprising that you got your best quotes from GEICO. Outside of a few specialized companies that cater to only a few certain groups, GEICO usually has the lowest rates (or near the lowest) for the public at large. I've been with them for 32 years....for a reason.
Old 09-05-14, 08:53 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

After lurking and vicariously enjoying this forum for years, it's finally my turn. Got wife to take a test drive today and she grinned ear to ear. This would be my first lease so I need your help. Please advise if this is a good (enough) deal...

2014 F Sport, 27 months, 15k miles
MSRP: $59,383
Sale Price: $52,795
Base Payment: $539.25
Total Payment: $586.43
Purchase Option: $38,598
Excess Mileage Charge 0.25
Total Inception Fees: $1,248.44
Rebate as Cap Reduction: $951.56
Total Drive Off: $2,200
Rebate as Drive Off: $1,248.44
Total Cash Required on Delivery 0.00