Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jaguar F-Type: Wow, just WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-14, 09:17 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
I got my own F Type after two 997s (one 911 S coupe and one 911 S convertible) and find the Jaguar to be just an incredibly good car - much better than the two 911s. To address some of the other posts, at this end of the market you actually vote with your wallet, not saying what you "would" buy. For the cost of my own car, I could indeed have gotten other great cars such Z06, a GTR, the 991 or indeed any number of other fantastic cars - but I preferred the Jag. For me, it was the best looking, best sounding and most satisfying car I looked at. The stock exhaust on the V8S is just astonishingly good - it truly defines the car. For the modern cars, "Jaguar reliability" is no longer an oxymoron - they build a pretty decent car today. As for the handle grab, I can confirm that it doesn't restrict the passenger view. All controls are accessible and visible. Contrary to some of the other posts here, as someone who has actually written the check, I can safely say that of all the cars around this price that I've owned, the Jag is actually the one that most feels worth the money. It's a genuinely great car, and I absolutely love it.
Right there with you. Have your motorized center vents jammed? Had mine replaced twice.
Old 06-09-14, 09:18 AM
LexFather

I got my own F Type after two 997s (one 911 S coupe and one 911 S convertible) and find the Jaguar to be just an incredibly good car - much better than the two 911s. To address some of the other posts, at this end of the market you actually vote with your wallet, not saying what you "would" buy. For the cost of my own car, I could indeed have gotten other great cars such Z06, a GTR, the 991 or indeed any number of other fantastic cars - but I preferred the Jag. For me, it was the best looking, best sounding and most satisfying car I looked at. The stock exhaust on the V8S is just astonishingly good - it truly defines the car. For the modern cars, "Jaguar reliability" is no longer an oxymoron - they build a pretty decent car today. As for the handle grab, I can confirm that it doesn't restrict the passenger view. All controls are accessible and visible. Contrary to some of the other posts here, as someone who has actually written the check, I can safely say that of all the cars around this price that I've owned, the Jag is actually the one that most feels worth the money. It's a genuinely great car, and I absolutely love it.
Wow great pickup. I agree the new F-type is amazing, my experience has been good with it and again the exhaust note is simply mesmerizing and reason for purchase lol. It handles amazing, quality and build is high and the car has some nifty features not talked about in this thread nor in Jag advertising.

I love it...

Last edited by bitkahuna; 06-09-14 at 07:34 PM. Reason: removed bait

Old 06-09-14, 10:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

swajames, congrats, your car is stunning.
Old 06-09-14, 10:22 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I... find the Jaguar to be just an incredibly good car - much better than the two 911s.

It's a genuinely great car, and I absolutely love it.
I would go for the Jag over the Porsche as well.

People will ***** about prices and performance. Ultimately, these cars are purely emotional. You can't objectify it with numbers and such...
Old 06-09-14, 11:10 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Objectify

Great word Philip and perfectly suited for the discussion

I hope you are ok with me using your word for other threads

I got to drive the High power F type vert at a Jag event and the car is a blast

For the folks you own them here, did you get the carboceramic brakes?

On my auto cross runs the steelsys did not keep up with the insane power coming out of the supercharged V8

I can only imagine how much more fun the coupe with the full 550 hp is
Old 06-09-14, 11:15 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Objectify

Great word Philip and perfectly suited for the discussion

I hope you are ok with me using your word for other threads

I got to drive the High power F type vert at a Jag event and the car is a blast

For the folks you own them here, did you get the carboceramic brakes?

On my auto cross runs the steelsys did not keep up with the insane power coming out of the supercharged V8

I can only imagine how much more fun the coupe with the full 550 hp is
No, steelies have been just fine for my uses. Also didn't get the upgraded sound system, which I regret.
Old 06-09-14, 11:18 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks TangoRed

Enjoy your monster
Old 06-09-14, 02:59 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

As someone who has actually written the check, I can safely say that of all the cars around this price that I've owned, the Jag is actually the one that most feels worth the money. It's a genuinely great car, and I absolutely love it.
Your Jaguar looks awesome!
Old 06-09-14, 03:04 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

wow, honored here on CL to have at least two F-type owners.
Old 06-09-14, 05:45 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Contrary to some of the other posts here, as someone who has actually written the check, I can safely say that of all the cars around this price that I've owned, the Jag is actually the one that most feels worth the money. It's a genuinely great car, and I absolutely love it.
Naysayers be hushed
Old 06-10-14, 03:33 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I would go for the Jag over the Porsche as well.

People will ***** about prices and performance. Ultimately, these cars are purely emotional. You can't objectify it with numbers and such...
Amen, brother. That's exactly right. And I DO find Vette's to be the dream car of poor blue collar kids, because I was one of them. It just ain't the same as a Jag. I would also buy the GTR over a cheaper Vette....if I had the money.

Oh well, I can pretend to be rich and go in and keep test driving 'em until I run out of dealerships!
Old 06-10-14, 03:36 PM
Trek
Pole Position

as someone who has actually written the check, I can safely say that of all the cars around this price that I've owned, the Jag is actually the one that most feels worth the money. It's a genuinely great car, and I absolutely love it.
I don't know whether to hate you or congratulate you. Envy is a powerful thing.

Awww...shucks. Congrats man!
Old 06-10-14, 03:50 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yowps3
If you want to WOW then drive the GTR
Before laying eyes on the F-Type Coupe, my dream car was the GTR (my impossible dream car was and is the Ferrari California). I especially like the AWD in the GTR. But I don't like the ridiculous attempt at two back seats in the GTR (why? Who can fit back there other than toddlers?) and for a car that now costs over 100K, I admit to being troubled by the Nissan nameplate. Don't get me wrong. I'm a Nissan fan (I've purchased two Nissans, including one last year for my daughter as a college graduation present) but only to a certain price point. Frankly, if it was an Infiniti GTR instead of Nissan, I might feel differently. I'm not willing to pay 40K or more for a car with a Nissan nameplate.
Old 06-10-14, 08:38 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Trek
Before laying eyes on the F-Type Coupe, my dream car was the GTR (my impossible dream car was and is the Ferrari California). I especially like the AWD in the GTR. But I don't like the ridiculous attempt at two back seats in the GTR (why? Who can fit back there other than toddlers?) and for a car that now costs over 100K, I admit to being troubled by the Nissan nameplate. Don't get me wrong. I'm a Nissan fan (I've purchased two Nissans, including one last year for my daughter as a college graduation present) but only to a certain price point. Frankly, if it was an Infiniti GTR instead of Nissan, I might feel differently. I'm not willing to pay 40K or more for a car with a Nissan nameplate.
Sounds like you need the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge then
Old 06-10-14, 09:39 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LexusNN
Sounds like you need the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge then
Vaporware.. And at a rumored 100k? Good luck selling that...

Quick Reply: Jaguar F-Type: Wow, just WOW!