Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Supercharged LX 570 arrives

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-14, 06:50 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

True but honestly we all know it wouldnt do too hot over here.
Old 06-27-14, 07:30 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I think the days of the LX and big body on frames are going to come to an end soon for Toyota and Lexus in the North American market.
Old 06-28-14, 02:23 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I think the days of the LX and big body on frames are going to come to an end soon for Toyota and Lexus in the North American market.
Traditionally, large, cross-beam ladder-frames were better for hard-core off-roading, heavy-duty towing, and carrying heavier weights/payloads than unibodies. But recent improvements in metal alloys, rigidity, computer-designed bodies/frames, and assembly-techniques have greatly narrowed the traditional differences between the two. Today's large unibody SUVs, if designed properly, can do almost what once required a Chevy Tahoe/Suburban or Ford Expedition.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-28-14 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-28-14, 03:49 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

maybe we will lose one of the SUVs, but i doubt it will be more than that... simply because Toyota sells a ton of them in the rest of the world, and it is not expensive to make US version.

LX is not going anywhere, because it likely sells equal or better than LS worldwide these days, and its sales are growing while LS (and its class) is declining... so what we will likely see is more effort in LX in the future, probably more powertrains and options.
Old 06-28-14, 06:40 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf

LX is not going anywhere, because it likely sells equal or better than LS worldwide these days, and its sales are growing while LS (and its class) is declining... so what we will likely see is more effort in LX in the future, probably more powertrains and options.
LexsCTJill has a point, though. Though Britain's Range Rover and the Land Cruiser are both staples in Third-World countries, demand for the Land Cruiser and Lexus LX is not very great here in America. The Range Rover, here in the U.S., seems to be trumping Land Rover and LX sales. Demand for RR's, right now, is so high, even with dealer-markups on an already expensive $100,000 vehicle, that few unsold ones are available at all.
Old 06-28-14, 07:23 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Lexus will soon make the LX 450d...a diesel version of the LX.

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/06/1...ked-australia/

Don't forget about the superchaged LX version as well...

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/04/2...-supercharger/

Me personally, I would love if Lexus brought the Sequoia over to the Lexus side and build an LX 570L with more interior room and luxury...

Last edited by Trexus; 06-28-14 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-28-14, 07:25 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trexus

I highly doubt that the LX450d will come to America
Old 06-28-14, 07:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Me personally, I would love if Lexus brought the Sequoia over to the Lexus side and build an LX 570L with more interior room and luxury...
I'm with you on a (possible) Lexus Sequoia. Though a couple of improvements were made inside in the last couple of years, I generally haven't been impressed with the Sequoia's interior. It was designed mostly during Toyota's Golden Age of Cost-Cutting, and, IMO, needs better materials.
Old 06-28-14, 08:00 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I'm with you on a (possible) Lexus Sequoia. Though a couple of improvements were made inside in the last couple of years, I generally haven't been impressed with the Sequoia's interior. It was designed mostly during Toyota's Golden Age of Cost-Cutting, and, IMO, needs better materials.
It was fine for what it was and the Sequoia interior was still two cuts above the GM Tahoe/Yukon twins.
Old 06-28-14, 09:59 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Agree. The black cheapens the look.

What's the power out on this beast?
450 I think.
Old 06-29-14, 05:53 AM
LexFather

Red leather
Supercharger

Why not us!!!

Old 06-29-14, 03:28 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

Don't forget about the superchaged LX version as well...

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/04/2...-supercharger/

I doubt larger LX will happen, but as we can see, more effort in LX is already happening... If they are smart, they will bring lower end LX to the US, just like GX.

Right now it is driven by other markets, but i would love to see LX built by same engineers that made new GS, IS....
Old 06-29-14, 04:04 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

I doubt larger LX will happen, but as we can see, more effort in LX is already happening... If they are smart, they will bring lower end LX to the US, just like GX.

Right now it is driven by other markets, but i would love to see LX built by same engineers that made new GS, IS....
Actually, the correct thing to do would be to move the NA LX name to the Toyota Sequoia. This would make the LX much more competitive against vehicles like the Escalade and Navigator.

It would likely make the LX a much more comfortable vehicle as well.
Old 06-29-14, 04:47 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

It was fine for what it was and the Sequoia interior was still two cuts above the GM Tahoe/Yukon twins.
First, was does not necessarily mean is. Second, neither one, several years ago, was impressive...both had a lot of cheap thin plastic, though in 2007 GM redesigned the large SUVs to give them a nice chrome/wood-paneled dash, leaving the REST of the interior cheap thin plastic. The Sequoia also had minor improvements, but, like the GM competition, only to a limited extent. I still agree with the poster that the Sequoia could use a Lexus touch inside.
Old 06-29-14, 07:03 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Red leather
Supercharger

Why not us!!!
If North America is their largest market, then these decisions make no sense, like no rear controls on ES, missing colors/combinations, packages

take my money Lexus !

Quick Reply: Supercharged LX 570 arrives