Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Just received a check from class action against Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-14, 05:02 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

We owned 3 toyota so far, Corolla & two Sienna & we got a check for $8.97...wth?
Old 11-01-14, 12:18 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350jet
I could never, in good conscience, fill out a form and take money from Toyota knowing damn well there was never anything wrong with their cars. I felt this way from the very beginning.
Originally Posted by StillLine
Add me to the list of folks with a conscience. I've never been one to jump in line for a handout without questioning who's footing the bill and why. Unless I'm actually entitled to compensation, I'll pass on principle. I sleep better at night that way.
Originally Posted by STIG
I have to agree here.

I have owned countless toyotas and lexuses in my lifetime and have served me exceptionally well. I would never fill out these class action suits where consumers get a bag of peanut and law firms take a gazillion dollars.
This!^^^
Old 11-01-14, 11:43 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's my question though. If Toyota paid out $X.XX amount, and the people don't 'apply' for it, does the lawyer firm keep that money as well? Or does the lawyer firm receive a fixed amount and the rest of the money sit in limbo? If the former, then it would make sense to fill it out to prevent those greedy lawyers from getting more money from an ill suit. If the latter, Toyota still lost their $$$, and it wouldn't matter with inactivity. Or if people don't fill it out, and the lawyers get a fixed amount, does Toyota get the rest of the money back? I'm not sure how these class actions work as a whole? I understand though that X amount is allocated for the general public, and depending on how many people and what kind of cars they owned, will have the divvy from that, but the rest of it, i'm unfamiliar with.