Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Sport Sedan Concept

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-14, 09:48 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts
Thumbs up

Whoa! Yes, bring it Nissan.
My first car was a maxima...you always remember your first love

Too bad that panoramic roof wont' make it into production.

Originally Posted by speedflex
Don't expect this to be RWD. That would clip the heels of the Q50. But a lightweight AWD system would be a great way to go.
This looks way better than any of the q50.
Old 01-14-14, 12:53 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am not feeling nissan's new front grille face.
Old 01-14-14, 03:45 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I like the styling and look but way too radical and overstyled to be production ready, if it comes close or is tastefully integrated the Maxima will again look better then the G37/Q50.
Old 01-14-14, 10:12 PM
hlee12
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not my cup of tea. just too much going on so far. but this the production version should be very interesting.
Old 01-15-14, 10:21 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Even the headlamps and tails are similar in profile to the current Maxima. I wouldn't be surprised to see another similar shape carry over to the next gen albeit the body will be toned down dramatically I'd venture a guess
Old 01-15-14, 12:09 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Even the headlamps and tails are similar in profile to the current Maxima. I wouldn't be surprised to see another similar shape carry over to the next gen albeit the body will be toned down dramatically I'd venture a guess
Let's hope they make minimal adjustments to the design. Having seen test mules of the next Murano (which was the Resonance Concept from last year) gives me hope because it looks like they tried to make the production version as close to the concept that possible.
Old 01-15-14, 12:43 PM
Hoovey689

Let's hope they make minimal adjustments to the design. Having seen test mules of the next Murano (which was the Resonance Concept from last year) gives me hope because it looks like they tried to make the production version as close to the concept that possible.
I forgot about the Resonance Concept. Good looking concept
Old 01-15-14, 08:01 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

So this will be the face of Nissans to come. The gold one is the Resonance (Murano), the orange is the Sports Sedan Concept (Maxima) and the blue is the Friend-me (unknown if coming to production).

Old 01-16-14, 12:53 AM
Hoovey689

These are edgy but I doubt they'll carry this aggressive design. I'd love to be proven wrong though

Old 01-16-14, 09:05 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

side profile and rear is nice, but that front mug needs adjustments

Last edited by Marklouis; 01-16-14 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-17-14, 07:21 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Nissan Boss Says 2015 Maxima Coming This Fall will Stay Close to Sport Sedan Concept

Sharing the stage with the all-new Murano at the New York Auto Show this week is Nissan's Sport Sedan Concept, which we first laid eyes on at this past January's Detroit Motor Show. In New York, Nissan not only reaffirmed its commitment to bring the study into production, but also confirmed that it will be badged as the next generation 2015 Maxima and will go on sale in North America this fall.

At Nissan's presentation in NY, the brand's North America Chairman Jose Munoz said that the relationship between the Sport Sedan Concept and the next Maxima will be the same as the one among the Resonance Concept and the 2015 Murano.

“The difference between the concept car and the production car will be very small,” Munoz told Automotive News on the sidelines of the show.

If we take the Murano as an example, then the next Maxima won't look as wild and exotic as the study, but it should be one of the more interesting proposals in the segment.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/04/nis...ma-coming.html
Old 04-17-14, 07:26 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
These are edgy but I doubt they'll carry this aggressive design. I'd love to be proven wrong though
Don't know. They were pretty faithful making the Resonance into the Murano.
Old 04-17-14, 09:59 AM
Hoovey689

Don't know. They were pretty faithful making the Resonance into the Murano.
Like I said, I'd love to be proven wrong and looks like its working

Nissan Boss Says 2015 Maxima Coming This Fall will Stay Close to Sport Sedan Concept
Old 04-25-14, 08:46 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Next Maxima to Closely Resemble Sport Sedan Concept

The next Nissan Maxima will have styling very close to the wild-looking Sport Sedan Concept preview first seen at the Detroit Auto Show.

Last week, Nissan revealed the 2015 Murano, which also closely followed styling cues from its concept preview: the Resonance Concept. The biggest surprise when Nissan debuted the 2015 Murano was how little the production version differed from the concept. After all, it will arrive with the same 3.5-liter V6, CVT combo as the current vehicle uses.

According to 4WheelsNews, Nissan North America chairman Jose Munoz said the Maxima’s styling will closely follow the Sport Sedan Concept when it arrives. If it mimics the same degree of change as was the case with the Murano, the “boomerang” headlights will be adapted to house HIDs and the grille will maintain similar lines but with less pronunciation than the concept car.

The Sport Sedan Concept uses a 3.5-liter V6 that Nissan said would put out over 300 hp, which is well within the output current VQ family V6 engines from the company claim. That power will be routed through a CVT to the front wheels.

Nissan previewed a premium direction for the next Maxima with the sport sedan concept. Again, that makes sense considering the fact that Nissan is positioning the Murano as a premium product in its stable. For example, the smaller Rogue and larger Pathfiner also use CVTs to save fuel but offer a third row of seating, but the Murano sticks to five seatbelts.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...n-concept.html
Old 04-25-14, 11:41 AM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

pretty edgy and aggressive, I'm sure that will be a production car given how the murano turned out.

at least they didn't rip off other designs like kia and hyundai did, nissan stayed true to the game, which is pretty hard to find these days.

I'm not totally sold on the new maxima yet. One of the vehicles I own is the current model a35 maxima. there will definitely be a demand for the maxima first few years out but prices go way below msrp after a few years.

Quick Reply: Nissan Sport Sedan Concept