Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2014/2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-14, 11:09 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
480/510hp V8 sounds great.... we already know the interior will be nice!
I wasn't knocking the new engine. I was saying the current C63's saving grace is its engine in an otherwise pathetic C250 shell
Old 08-29-14, 06:25 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Mercedes-Benz C-Class Takes on its Main Rivals from BMW and Audi

As the newest model in this group, the Mercedes-Benz C-Class should normally surpass its competitors, the BMW 3-Series and the Audi A4, but is it really like that?

Well, at least in terms of styling, both exterior and interior, the reviewers from Carbuyer believe the new C-Class is the best of the three German premium sedans – and I have to say I agree with them.

When it comes to practicality though, the BMW 3-Series moves ahead, thanks to its boot which has the widest opening and the headroom and legroom for passengers in the rear.

Obviously, the most interesting thing to learn is which of the three posh sedans is the best to drive, and the battle is given here between the BMW and the Mercedes-Benz, as the Audi shows its age (it’s going to be replaced next year).

Unsurprisingly, the BMW is deemed the most fun to drive, but is that enough to win the test? Scroll down to find out.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/08/new...es-on-its.html
Old 09-02-14, 01:34 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Find out if the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C Class is as luxurious as it looks.
Old 09-11-14, 08:36 PM
Hoovey689

Default Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Spied in Stuttgart

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...40911_31420066
Old 09-19-14, 08:29 AM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Some AMG news!!

Mercedes has announced the C63 AMG successor "will further raise the bar in terms of performance and fuel consumption."
The company declined to go into specifics but confirmed the model will feature a V8 engine that is "closely related" to the twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 that resides in the AMG GT. Mercedes is keeping performance specifications under wraps but the entry-level AMG GT produces 462 PS (339 kW) and 600 Nm (442 lb-ft) of torque, while the AMG GT S boasts 510 PS (375 kW) and 650 Nm (479 lb-ft) of torque.
In a statement, AMG CEO Tobias Moers said "It goes without saying that the successor to the current C 63 AMG will again be powered by an eight-cylinder engine. We owe that to our loyal fans, plain and simple." Moers went on to say "The AMG V8 Biturbo engine mesmerizes not only with maximum power and torque, but also with the absolute best fuel economy in the comparative segment“.
Source: Mercedes-Benz
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11409188...nounced-with-a

Im hoping they can keep in under 4000lbs and above 470hp.

I was on mbworld, in one thread some one posted saying that a Canadian dealership confirmed a AWD option
Old 09-19-14, 10:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

looking at all the current v8 bi-turbo amg, they all sound so nice and mean. this is going to be crazy.

i am not sure on weight though, mb is always heavy
Old 09-19-14, 10:52 AM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Originally Posted by rominl
looking at all the current v8 bi-turbo amg, they all sound so nice and mean. this is going to be crazy.

The C400 4-Matic is at 3700, I don't think the new V8 will add 300lbs
Old 09-19-14, 05:11 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

They did so much work this generation, it has all aluminum body panels and is lightest in class in standard form. I think MB might even explore some minor carbon fiber bits like they did with the S class AMGs
Old 09-19-14, 05:55 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by RXSF
They did so much work this generation, it has all aluminum body panels and is lightest in class in standard form. I think MB might even explore some minor carbon fiber bits like they did with the S class AMGs
Truly outstanding. As dynamic and improved as the 3IS is, they really need to add to the 'luxury' and more exotic quotient next
Old 09-19-14, 07:41 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Truly outstanding. As dynamic and improved as the 3IS is, they really need to add to the 'luxury' and more exotic quotient next
Agreed. I would love to move to a smaller car than my GS but I would give up a lot of the luxury feel with the IS. The C Class fits the bill, but I haven't been impressed with the exterior of the car. Maybe in AMG guise.
Old 09-19-14, 07:51 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Agreed. I would love to move to a smaller car than my GS but I would give up a lot of the luxury feel with the IS. The C Class fits the bill, but I haven't been impressed with the exterior of the car. Maybe in AMG guise.
C class looks nice if you pay up and add all the options... RC's minor amount of extra leather and few design tweaks look a lot better than IS, so I am sure IS is going to get upgraded when facelift comes.

On the other hand, base IS here in Europe is a lot nicer than base C... even the mid spec models.

Another thing that crossed my mind - what the heck will they do to GS interior? Nothing to be done, except for maybe designed seats and tricker instrument panel?
Old 09-19-14, 07:57 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
C class looks nice if you pay up and add all the options... RC's minor amount of extra leather and few design tweaks look a lot better than IS, so I am sure IS is going to get upgraded when facelift comes.

On the other hand, base IS here in Europe is a lot nicer than base C... even the mid spec models.

Another thing that crossed my mind - what the heck will they do to GS interior? Nothing to be done, except for maybe designed seats and tricker instrument panel?
I can't imagine what they will do with the GS. The interior is pretty much perfect as it is. My only wish is that they would change out the aluminum to the same that is in the LS F Sport. Less shiny and more durable. I think most of the "refresh" should focus on the exterior.
Old 09-19-14, 08:05 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

If Lexus doesn't start adding LCD tachs soon, they are going to fall too far behind. IMO, the GS refresh should get a fuller spindle, upgraded rear bumper and maybe even trunk lid to match the addressee front, LCD tach, new touch remote and should be good to go
Old 09-19-14, 08:25 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
If Lexus doesn't start adding LCD tachs soon, they are going to fall too far behind. IMO, the GS refresh should get a fuller spindle, upgraded rear bumper and maybe even trunk lid to match the addressee front, LCD tach, new touch remote and should be good to go
Lexus already have LCD's tachs in IS F-Sport and RC-F ;-)

I bet GS will get the same... love the one in RC-F and IS Fsport is good too.
Old 09-21-14, 09:24 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mercedes-Benz C350 Plug-In Hybrid detailed ahead of forthcoming reveal

Will do 20 miles on electric power

British media has managed to obtain preliminary technical specification regarding the Mercedes-Benz C350 Plug-In Hybrid.

Scheduled to go on sale early 2015, the plug-in hybrid C-Class will look virtually the same as the conventional model with the obvious exception of the rear charging port built into the bumper. It will also feature an active shutter grille which improves aerodynamics whenever extra engine cooling is not necessary.

Power will come from a four-cylinder, 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine developing 208 bhp (155 kW) which will work together with an electric motor built into the seven-speed automatic transmission and generating an additional 80 bhp (60 kW). The vehicle will have an estimated all-electric range of 20 miles (32 km) and will be more efficient than the S500 Plug-In Hybrid which returns 100.9 mpg UK (84 mpg US or 2.8 liters / 100 km) with CO2 emissions of 65 g/km.

Although the C350 and S500 plug-in hybrids have different engines and electric motors, the two cars share the same battery design and power electronics as a method to speed up development and spread costs. As a reminder, the bigger and heavier S500 Plug-In Hybrid mixes up a 333 bhp bi-turbo V6 3.0-liter engine with a 116 bhp electric motor.

Following the launch of the C350 Plug-In Hybrid, Mercedes-Benz will introduce an additional nine plug-in hybrids by 2017 but these won't cover the small models such as the A, B, CLA and GLA. However, further down the line, these models will also receive a similar treatment.

The Mercedes-Benz C350 Plug-In Hybrid will be officially revealed towards the end of the year.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11409208...of-forthcoming

Quick Reply: 2014/2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Thread