Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Small things that bug you about our Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-13, 07:10 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rattle freee like germans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-13, 07:27 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Rattle freee like germans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Negative. My 535i rattles from time to time.

And what bugs me? Door. Lock. Actuators.
Old 11-10-13, 07:41 PM
LINDSDST
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the tire pressure light comes on, I would love to know exactly what tire is low. Acura and Infiniti tell you exactly which tire is low by displaying "Driver side front, passenger side back, etc. My boyfriend's Acura TL cost much less than my GS350, so Lexus definitely dropped the ball on that for me. Even my friend's Jeep tells her which tire is the low tire.
Old 11-10-13, 08:10 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
this is adjustable in every lexus and toyota car... I find it pretty good as we have a lot of trees on our streets so a lot of german cars light turn on too easy.
I believe that the sensitivity is adjustable, meaning, the conditions under which the lights will turn on, but there does not seem to be a setting to change how quickly they react to those conditions.
Old 11-10-13, 08:27 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LINDSDST
When the tire pressure light comes on, I would love to know exactly what tire is low. Acura and Infiniti tell you exactly which tire is low by displaying "Driver side front, passenger side back, etc. My boyfriend's Acura TL cost much less than my GS350, so Lexus definitely dropped the ball on that for me. Even my friend's Jeep tells her which tire is the low tire.
New Lexus models have this feature

Old 11-10-13, 08:45 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

o0o, thought of another one.

Smart key access on ALL DOORS. I hate having to reach for either the driver or front passenger to lock or unlock the car
Old 11-10-13, 08:49 PM
LINDSDST
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexFather
New Lexus models have this feature
New models like 2013 and up? Cause my friend's 2012 IS sure doesn't do it either.
Old 11-10-13, 08:52 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

New models like 2013 and up? Cause my friend's 2012 IS sure doesn't do it either.
My '14 IS350 does. My '13 RX350 does not (at least I don't think so).
Old 11-10-13, 09:01 PM
LINDSDST
Driver School Candidate

But that's my whole point. Why did it take Lexus this long to put this feature on a luxury car???? Other luxury cars have had this feature for years! My friend's Jeep is a 2006 and it tells her exactly what tire. IMO, Jeep is not considered luxury tier. To me that's a small thing that bugs me. Lexus dropped the ball on that, even though they're finally putting this in 2014 and up models.
Old 11-10-13, 09:36 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by asoksevil
So today I was looking at our competitors and found out that there are things that they do better.

For instance, these window switches, buttons, from Merc looks way better tan my Lexus (not painted, no "design nor signs at all", dull, plain. cheap)

What are the things that you can't stand or you feel that the competition is doing better?

I don't think changing this things would cost a lot of money for Lexus but the gain and impact could be exponential.
In almost every way German cars are designed to look good in marketing photos, this is really the only area Lexus lags. Real world impressions aren't always consistent with marketing.

In the first photo you posted of the C-class, I am more concerned with the fit and finish:

Small things that bug you about our Lexus-juqvknh.png
Old 11-10-13, 09:39 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
My '14 IS350 does. My '13 RX350 does not (at least I don't think so).
LS, 2013 ES, GS, 2010+ RX Hybrid, 2014 IS all display individual monitoring
Old 11-10-13, 10:30 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

^^ individual monitoring, yes, but does not tell you which pressure belongs to which tire and which one has low pressure.
Old 11-10-13, 11:08 PM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The only thing that bugs me about my car is small thing(s)

>Manual folding mirrors. I honestly don't know wtf a company the size of lexus was thinking by releasing a car that starts off at 47k with manual mirrors. Idc about it too much but theres times when theres a small parking space and i can't fit into it bc i don't wanna have to put my car into park, take my belt off and manually struggle to close the side mirrors from inside the car

can't think of anything else atm

3GS' have power mirrors. They put it on the new 14 gs and expect people to get excited and hyped up over it when its a feature thats been around for nearly a decade if not more

reminds me of when apple released the iPhone 4 and they were hyping up the flash like it was some new revolutionary invention when phones have had flashes for like 2-4 years at that time
Old 11-10-13, 11:20 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Man the one thing I'd really like to see from Lexus is a wide range of colors/finishes on the interior. Benz offers the "Deisgno" option, which lets you pick through about 6 different shades of brown/beige and white leather, with some unique looking wood trim.

I know back in the day you could order your 1963 Cadillac in about 10 different interior hues, 20+ paint colors, 8 different cloth or leather upholestery options, etc. Basically you could make your car to your exact tastes.

Now days those sort of options are only presented to people who spend $150k+ on some hand made car like a Roller, Bentley, Ferrari , or Lambo.
Old 11-11-13, 09:40 AM
dsadsauser
Pole Position

It is so annoying how loud and quickly the seatbelt alarm comes on. This is part of the reason I sold my 2IS. My 335i's is much quieter and waits until you get rolling to remind you. BTW, I always wear my seatbelt, I just like to wait until I start to pull forward. Also, Germans are much less restrictive about what your Nav let's you do while you are driving... My wife's GL450 (as does my 3) lets you enter your destination while driving- which my wife normally does.

What do I miss about my Lexus??? The touchscreen Nav. Ahhhh. I loved that Nav system in the 2IS. iDrive is cool, but the 2IS was so damned simple and took no time.

I also miss my pearl paint job. I think Lexus paint looks so much more rich than MB or BMW. I think Caddy and Lexus have the best looking paint.

Quick Reply: Small things that bug you about our Lexus