Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2014 / 2015 Nissan Versa Note

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-14, 10:51 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Supercharged I3.. I'll pass
Old 05-30-14, 08:10 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 Nissan Versa Note Priced from $14,180* in the U.S.

Nissan has released U.S. pricing for the 2015 Versa Note, which is on sale now. The hatchback enters its second year of production with a starting price of $14,180, not including a destination and handling fee of $810 (*).

Overall, this makes the 2015 model $210 more expensive than the 2014 model.
Nissan says the 2015 Versa Note brings a number of enhancements, including the addition of the new Versa Note SR and Versa Note SL trim levels, with the lineup now including a total of five models: S, S Plus, SV, SR and SL.

The 2015 Versa Note SR brings a number of unique exterior and interior treatments, including sporty front and rear fascias and grille, dark headlight surrounds, fog lights, rear spoiler, suede-like seats and 16-inch sport aluminum-alloy wheels.

The 2015 Versa Note SL features a range of special equipment, including NissanConnectSM with Mobile Apps, 5.0-inch color display, RearView Monitor, heated front seats, Divide-N-Hide Adjustable Floor and 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels.

Additionally, the base Versa Note S model gets new standard features such as Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System. Versa Note’s optional equipment packages also offer new or revised content for 2015.

2015 Nissan Versa Note models continue to be equipped with a 109hp 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine with dual fuel injection and Twin CVTC (Continuously Variable Timing Control). The base S model features a five-speed manual transmission, while the S Plus, SV, SR and SL models are equipped with a next-generation Nissan Xtronic transmission.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/05/201...iced-from.html
Old 05-30-14, 09:08 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Old 05-30-14, 09:24 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

review of 2014 - really like alex on autos...

Old 07-23-14, 08:41 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Nissan Note Subcompact Gets NISMO Treatment: Forbidden Fruit

The latest Nissan model to receive the NISMO treatment has been revealed in the form of the Note NISMO, a sporty compact MPV that goes on sale in Japan this fall. A version of the Note is sold in the U.S. as the Versa Note, but don’t expect a NISMO version to be gracing local Nissan showrooms anytime soon.

Two versions of the Note NISMO have been announced, a standard model and a sportier Note NISMO S model. Full details are yet to be released but Nissan says buyers of the Note NISMO can expect powertrain, chassis, tire and aerodynamic tweaks. Nissan has also revealed that the Note NISMO S will have a specially-tuned engine mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.

Both versions get all the typical NISMO upgrades such as custom aero pieces and red accents. Unique elements include the new grille, sporty bumpers, roof spoiler, and modifications to enhance body rigidity. Special sport seats are offered on the Note NISMO and standard on the Note NISMO S, and buyers can even opt for proper Recaro buckets for the front seats.

Ever since the reveal of the 370Z NISMO in 2009, the lineup of Nissan's specialty division, NISMO, has steadily grown. Soon after the launch of the 370Z NISMO, the March NISMO, Juke NISMO and GT-R NISMO were added to the stable; thus allowing NISMO to offer a broad range of road-going cars to the public—from compacts to crossovers to sports cars. And now you can add one more to the list, the Note NISMO.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...orbidden-fruit
Old 07-23-14, 11:19 AM
Hoovey689

Looks like a sportier Fit
Old 07-23-14, 11:50 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

^Kinda does, but to be fair I believe the Note was released a year ahead of the new Fit/Jazz.
Old 07-23-14, 04:33 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
^Kinda does, but to be fair I believe the Note was released a year ahead of the new Fit/Jazz.
Eh I was just saying they're similar in profile. Doesn't matter much to me, pick a badge, pick a color and have at it
Old 07-23-14, 05:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
review of 2014 - really like alex on autos...
Yes, he's good....he certainly doesn't miss much. I can tell, just from listening to him, that he enjoys what he's doing, too.....it's not just a job to him. I don't totally share his enthusiasm for CVTs, but the dual-range CVT he showed us in the diagram of was clever. It reminded me, to some extent, of a modern automated version of the old Twin-Stick transmission (a conventional 4-speed manual and a dual-range manually-shifted final-drive) that was an option in the late 70s/early-80s Dodge/Plymouth (Mitsubushi) Colt/Champ.
Old 07-24-14, 02:42 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

It's a pretty good looking compact.

but I'd rather go for a used Prius C in the 17 range. U get a quality car with a really good mpg.

an averagely equipped note 2 can go up to 16k. the base model doesn't even have power windows.
Old 07-24-14, 09:07 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

good article comparing versa note with new honda fit.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...sl-comparison/

cliff notes: honda fit wins.
Old 10-06-16, 10:08 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Closing The Door In A Nissan Versa Could Deploy The Airbags

Federal auto-safety regulators have opened a probe into certain units of theNissan Versa, after receiving complaints from owners that spoke of inadvertent airbag deployments.

Citing the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA),AutoNews states that shutting the door, in a "possibly aggressive manner", could deploy the side or curtain airbags, on both sides: "I closed the passenger side door and the airbag from the door exploded. Just that easy", said one owner.

The affected Nissan Versa Sedans are from the 2012MY and the probe covers approximately 155,000 units. A recall hasn’t been announced at this point, but Nissan, which is collaborating with the feds on the situation, is expected to drop an official press release soon, before informing the owners of the concern.

"Nissan is committed to the safety and security of our customers and their passengers. The company has received an inquiry from NHTSA concerning the MY2012 Nissan Versa Sedan. Nissan is actively investigating this issue and, as always, working cooperatively with the regulators to answer their questions", a Nissan spokesperson said in an email sent toAutoNews.
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/10/clo...rsa-could.html
Old 10-06-16, 11:00 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

that interior takes 'horribly cheap looking' to a whole new level.
Old 10-06-16, 06:24 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
that interior takes 'horribly cheap looking' to a whole new level.
Well, that's one reason why the sedan starts under 12K. You basically get what you pay for.
Old 10-07-16, 03:24 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, that's one reason why the sedan starts under 12K. You basically get what you pay for.
Even then I don't think its a good value, Nissan has kind of become the equivalent of Daewoo or 1990's Kia of the automotive world in the past several years. Any Nissan I've driven that's more than 3-4 years old clunks, rattles, has excessive wear on the interior/seats, loose interior trim, is loud, they just don't feel tight, that can go for a Versa, Altima, Maxima, or even the Infiniti G35/G37. They just feel old/worn, meanwhile you get into a 10 year old Honda or Toyota with 150k on the clock, it feels tight as a drum and drives like a new car.

The quality gap between Nissan and the rest of the industry is just appallingly bad IMO. In their race to bottom of the barrel pricing, the cars went to the bottom of the barrel as well.

Quick Reply: 2014 / 2015 Nissan Versa Note