Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Alfa Romeo 4C

Old 11-13-14, 07:04 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lazzarini Design teases their twin-turbo Alfa 4C Definitiva with 738 bhp

Click here to view more photos

Company believes the rocket will rocket from 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds

Lazzarini Design has been known to come up with some crazy ideas but their latest proposal takes the cake.

Dubbed the 4C Definitiva, the model is based on the Alfa Romeo 4C and features a Ferrari-sourced 4.3-liter V8 engine that has been equipped with twin-turbochargers from Hennessey. Thanks to these changes, the car packs an insane 738 bhp (550 kW) and 532 lb-ft (720 Nm) of torque.

Performance specifications haven't been finalized but the company believes the model will weigh 955 kg (2,100 lb), accelerate from 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds and run the quarter mile in 9.5 seconds at 137 mph (220 km/h).

In order to keep things under control, the car has been equipped with an aerodynamic body kit that includes a new front bumper, a carbon fiber front splitter and a ventilated hood. The model also has extended fenders, revised side skirts and a new rear bumper with an integrated diffuser. Other notable highlights include a prominent rear wing and a center-mounted dual exhaust system.

The car is currently under development and the company estimates the first prototype will cost about €250,000 ($310,900 / £196,842) to complete.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11411128...-4c-definitiva
Old 11-13-14, 10:30 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

How are they going to add 4 cylinders and 1 turbo without gaining any weight? The stock 4C is already barebone mostly raw carbon fiber, that's BS.
Old 12-20-14, 01:44 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Production Alfa Romeo 4C Spider spied completely undisguised

Click here to view more photos

To be launched next year

The final production version of the Alfa Romeo 4C Spider has been photographed without camouflage in Spain.

Back in March this year the Italian brand showed the 4C Spider concept during the Geneva Motor Show and now the companny is preparing for the market launch of the model, scheduled for 2015. These spy photos were taken near the city of Ubeda in Spain during a commercial shoot.

Compared to the prototype, the production model features a different tailpipe configuration, modified headlights and a small air intake at the left side that will be providing a better cooling for the transmission.

Power will be provided by the same 4-cylinder, 1.75-liter turbocharged gasoline engine that powers the standard 4C. The unit is rated at 240 PS (177 kW) and 350 Nm (258 lb-ft) of torque.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11412208...ly-undisguised
Old 12-20-14, 04:18 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Would still take the coupe, but that roadster ain't bad
Old 12-23-14, 05:26 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default A couple of Alfa Romeo 4C Spiders spotted without camouflage [video]

Should debut at 2015 Geneva Motor Show

A red & yellow duo of Alfa Romeo 4C Spiders were spotted without any sort of disguise.

Several days ago we shared a few spy shots of an Alfa Romeo 4C Spider without any camouflage and now that car is back in a new video also featuring a red version. The vehicles were spotted in Andalusia while filming for an upcoming ad in Vázquez de Molina Square, situated in Úbeda, Jaén. As noticeable in this video, changes compared to its fixed roof sibling were kept down to a minimum, but we do notice a more attractive set of headlights compared to the bug-eyed light clusters of the coupe. In addition, there seems to be a carbon fiber air intake on the driver's side in front of the rear wheels.

Motivation will be provided by the same 1.75-liter four-cylinder turbocharged gasoline engine developing 240 HP (177 kW) and 350 Nm (258 lb-ft) of torque. Chances are the added weight won’t affect the car’s performances so expect the Alfa Romeo 4C Spider to run the 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprint in four and a half seconds before topping out at around 160 mph (258 km/h).

A public debut will likely occur in March at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show, with sales to commence shortly thereafter.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11412238...out-camouflage
Old 12-23-14, 08:11 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like that would be so much fun.
Old 01-02-15, 12:51 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Alfa Romeo Is Selling Its Cars To Americans, With The Help Of Lots Of Sex

Alfa Romeo is kicking 2015 off with new cars and, well, a bang. You'd never see this much skin in a Porsche Cayman ad, that's for sure.

Alfa Romeo USA released this two-minute promo ad for the 4C on New Year's Day, reintroducing the brand to Americans with passion and temptation and seduction. And apparently the car is fast, too.

Considering Fiat has taken a similar tactic in the U.S. in using sex to sell the 500 and 2016 500X, this all seems fitting. Call it a cohesive brand message.

I think this will play well in a 30-second version for afternoons on CNN.
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/01/alf...s-cars-to.html
Old 01-02-15, 07:19 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 136 Posts

Alfas were seriously overpriced when I lived in Mexico though I loved the designs.
Old 01-03-15, 03:11 AM
Levi68
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True what the ad says, but car is not good enough.
Old 01-03-15, 07:10 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This car is ridiculously overpriced! Like $30,000 overpriced for what it is.

I also find it amazing how they consider all of their Italian products premium. There is barely any positioning distinguishing between Maserati and Alfa at this point, maybe they want to play Hyundai - Kia game.
Old 01-03-15, 08:54 AM
Levi68
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vladi
This car is ridiculously overpriced! Like $30,000 overpriced for what it is.

I also find it amazing how they consider all of their Italian products premium. There is barely any positioning distinguishing between Maserati and Alfa at this point, maybe they want to play Hyundai - Kia game.
What you are saying is that a CF chassis with I4 turbo should cost 20K (50K-30K), so 10K less than a GT86 which is not even aluminium and has an underpowered NA Flat4?

Do actually know what Alfa is?
Old 01-03-15, 12:06 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Truthfully what it's missing is finer cabin materials for it's price and image, because the chassis and powertrain are solid. The rumored 6C with more power also exciting
Old 01-04-15, 04:18 AM
Levi68
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Truthfully what it's missing is finer cabin materials for it's price and image, because the chassis and powertrain are solid. The rumored 6C with more power also exciting
What do you mean finer materials? The dash is covered in poltrona frau leather, can't say that this material poor. What is cheap are the plastics, but those as cheap in Maserati and Ferrari too. Somehow nobody complains about that in Ferrari.
Old 01-04-15, 04:29 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Levi68
Do actually know what Alfa is?
Honestly, I dont think anyone knows what Alfa is anymore.

As to the price, it starts at $70k for Launch edition in USA, and a lot more in Europe... I guess they are positioning it against Porsche according to their brochures.

I hate to break it to you, but Alfa does not have branding of Porsche... in past 10-20 years they have sold B and C class hatchbacks in Europe for $20-$30k. They were unsuccessful with their vehicles costing $40k.

How do you go from there to $70k//€70k nobody knows, they dont either, their sales are dwindling and dealers are closing from lack of business.

I am sure 4C is great car, but they should have first built other volume models and then 4C.
Old 01-04-15, 06:37 AM
Levi68
Pole Position

Originally Posted by spwolf
Honestly, I dont think anyone knows what Alfa is anymore.

As to the price, it starts at $70k for Launch edition in USA, and a lot more in Europe... I guess they are positioning it against Porsche according to their brochures.

I hate to break it to you, but Alfa does not have branding of Porsche... in past 10-20 years they have sold B and C class hatchbacks in Europe for $20-$30k. They were unsuccessful with their vehicles costing $40k.

How do you go from there to $70k//€70k nobody knows, they dont either, their sales are dwindling and dealers are closing from lack of business.

I am sure 4C is great car, but they should have first built other volume models and then 4C.
I'm on my second Alfa Romeo, and hate them because they are not the cars they should be, but if Alfa brings out a car that is Porsche worthy - 4C has some unfortunate shortcuts like rear suspension, engine and interior quality - I don't need any explanation for its price tag. Without Alfa Romeo, there would probably no Ferrari. What happened to Alfa Romeo should be considered as poor business management and country economy. **** happens, should scrap the bad history and build back new on old good history. Audi was nothing, look where they are today with FWD cars. Same for FWD Bentleys. And look where Toyota brought Lexus. The problem lies with the way FCA has placed their products: redundant and unfocused.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alfa Romeo 4C