Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW drivers really are jerks, studies find

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-13, 11:57 AM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
Your BMW isn't blue.

Hardly ever see a Benz driver driving aggressively, even AMGs.

Acuras though...

This was a UK study. I don't think Acuras are even sold in the UK.
Haha

Yup, the Benz really isn't meant for much more than cruising. And the Acura umm.... well its reliable.
Old 08-14-13, 01:43 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

when I see stuff like this I always think about that joke " whats the difference between a BMW driver and porcupine?? The ****** on are on the outside with a porcupine "LMAO

Ancient joke and I dont buy the stereotype at all but still funny............
Old 08-14-13, 02:10 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

I just see it in expensive cars in general, regardless of brand or country of origin. Got cut off in the two lane, McDonalds drive thru the other day by some b&&&&y looking suburban mom in a brand new Land Rover.
Old 08-14-13, 02:51 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drive my car like a old man! 5000 miles now never step the gas half way, lol!
Old 08-14-13, 05:04 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ah shucks. Both my previous BMW's were blue. I guess I was among the worse. Although, I have never gotten a single ticket in any of my BMW's or NSX. I once got 3 tickets in my GS430 within 6 months. I guess I drove teh GS much more aggressively or I was really unlucky in that car.
Old 08-14-13, 06:49 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I drive my car like a old man! 5000 miles now never step the gas half way, lol!
No arguments there. There are, of course, many sensible BMW drivers....and I've certainly seen my share of them. But, unfortunately, the brand definitely has a markedly higher-than-average share of idiots....from what I've seen, as I stated earlier, more so than any other car in America except V8 Mustangs.
Old 08-14-13, 07:51 PM
LexFather

Odd.... I don't have a BMW

Old 08-14-13, 11:40 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

The worst drivers IMO are those asshats with the shiny diesel pickup trucks.

Note that not all diesel pickup truck owners are asshats. The ones driving dirty, stock looking trucks, white construction trucks, or those guys pulling some huge trailer are just your work-a-day Joe who actually need a big diesel truck to make a living. Those guys are usually courteous drivers.

I'm talking about the urban cowboy in his lifted F250, fitted with extra chrome bits, knobby off road tires, not a speck of dirt on the truck. They usually have them sooped up and running more boost/fuel, to where they'll dump an obsecne amount of black smoke on you. Those guys are the worst, tailgating, speeding, cutting you off, blowing black smoke into guys with the top down.
Old 08-15-13, 01:52 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't they all move to Audi?
Old 08-15-13, 11:18 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Aron9000
I'm talking about the urban cowboy in his lifted F250, fitted with extra chrome bits, knobby off road tires, not a speck of dirt on the truck. They usually have them sooped up and running more boost/fuel, to where they'll dump an obsecne amount of black smoke on you. Those guys are the worst, tailgating, speeding, cutting you off, blowing black smoke into guys with the top down.
Must be some of the older trucks. The most modern diesels start and run virtually the same as a gas engine. They have very little or no visible black soot/smoke.
Old 08-15-13, 11:21 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Note that not all diesel pickup truck owners are asshats. The ones driving dirty, stock looking trucks, white construction trucks, or those guys pulling some huge trailer are just your work-a-day Joe who actually need a big diesel truck to make a living. Those guys are usually courteous drivers.

Dumping a bunch of black diesel smoke right into unsuspecting riceboys open window can be a lot of fun.
Old 08-15-13, 11:24 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
Dumping a bunch of black diesel smoke right into unsuspecting riceboys open window can be a lot of fun.
It can also invite retaliation. One sometimes has no idea of who they can be messing with.
Old 08-15-13, 12:00 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I would agree. We have a lot of those fake cowboys in AZ. There dads were cowboys and now they are urban cowboys. They drive these huge lifted trucks and tend to ride everyone's rear assuming that we will all just get out of the way because their trucks are so damn big. I cant stand the black smoke they make. It trips me out that this kind of pollution is tolerable in todays green world