Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

World’s largest simultaneous burnout awaits Guinness verification

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-13, 05:48 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default World’s largest simultaneous burnout awaits Guinness verification

HOT ROD magazine claims Americans broken Australia's record with 73 cars burning rubber at same time at zMax Dragway in North Carolina

Amid the smoke and burning rubber was a clear case of one-upmanship between two countries. HOT ROD magazine lined up 74 vehicles along four lanes of the zMax Dragway in North Carolina in an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the most number of cars doing a simultaneous burnout.

The Australians had set the record of 69 in January at the Summernats, so HOT ROD magazine was hot on breaking the record “for America” at last week’s HOT ROD Power Tour 2013.

“Here at HOT ROD, we revere the Aussies for their incredible burnout prowess, and have even editorialized that American static burnout contests are weak sauce compared to the free-for-all violence Down Under,” HOT ROD magazine explained. “That’s why, when it was suggested to us by Year One, we arranged the opportunity to bring some smokin’ glory back to the USA. And the Power Tour participants did that.”

HOT ROD reported that 73 of them spun their wheels with one participant being disqualified. “Truck guy, sorry, we saw you fail,” HOT ROD wrote.

So, the world record for most number of cars doing a simultaneous burnout is 73, pending verification by Guinness World Records.

It may also be a world record for wasted rubber.

http://www.grindtv.com/action-sports...aits-guinness/

Old 06-11-13, 12:40 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Tons of different American models old and new. I think I even saw a black Chevy Tahoe circa 2007 design - must have been a RWD model
Old 06-11-13, 02:50 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

This is going to get nuts. Anyone on a bunch of forums can call out a bunch of members and brake this record. I have a feeling there is going to be a little back and fourth on this one. Lets the games begin!
Old 06-11-13, 03:12 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol I saw the tahoe too!