Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Review: 2013 Land Rover Range Rover

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-13, 10:10 PM
LexFather

I drove it and loved it. Its amazing....sadly all the damn Ford Explorer/Flex comments I've read/heard have ruined some of my thoughts on its design. Interior is utterly amazing.

Old 04-14-13, 02:34 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I really do like the previous Range Rover styling over the new model. It just looked more upright, boxy, ie like a tradtional Rover.

While I also love the styling the Evoque, I don't think it translates well to the ultimate Rover.

As far as this considering being the "ultimate" off road car, I'd love to see a comparison test between other makes "ultimate" off road vehicle, with no regard to price. This test would of course have every off road option/best mud wheel/tire option selected.

1. 2 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.
2. Nissan Xterra
3. Toyota Tacoma, 4wd, short wheelbase, reg cab, short box, biggest tires, 4 cylinder/5 speed
4. Toyota 4 Runner, 4wd, off road package
5. Toyota Land Cruiser
6. Range Rover
7. Land Rover LR4
8. Ford Raptor
9. Chevy Silverado Z71, short box, reg cab(knowing GM they only offer the Z71 package on the higher trim LT package, not on the basic model)
Old 04-14-13, 05:09 AM
kwr
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
While I also love the styling the Evoque, I don't think it translates well to the ultimate Rover.
Although the Evoque may not look off road capable, it is shockingly capable off road even more so than many more expensive SUVs with off road capability.

Originally Posted by Aron9000
As far as this considering being the "ultimate" off road car, I'd love to see a comparison test between other makes "ultimate" off road vehicle, with no regard to price. This test would of course have every off road option/best mud wheel/tire option selected.
Think you may have missed the overall purpose of the RR. It is the most "luxurious trail capable" SUV. Sure some of the SUVs on your list "might" be slightly more capable off road; however, none of them are as quick and luxurious. The RR has a unique market position in that it competes with flag ship sedans (LS, S, 7, etc.) and competent off road SUVs.

BTW you forgot about the Merc G class (it's only real competitor) and the Land Rover Defender (which is no longer sold in the US).