Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2014 S-Class caught undisguised.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-13, 05:41 PM
trexlexus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Then come back and talk about it in the future after you have experienced what you are opining about.
Again, just because i have not experienced said vehicle does not mean i have no right to talk about it. By that measure, you have not experienced my life, so you have no right to tell me what i should/should not do.

By the way:
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Seems almost no one has driven EVERY car they comment about or is a potential or current customer. If those things were actually required then there wouldn't be much content on here.
Originally Posted by sw10gs
Which by your admission are meaningless because not only have you never driven an LS...you've never even driven anything in the segment. Hence...you have no experience with the product or the segment but we have to participate in threads with you where you are challenging the viewpoints of those of us who do. You can't see how thats frustrating?
The only thing you are frustrated with is the fact that i am talking. It is easy to see. What you DONT see, nor do you understand is the fact that by your own statements, you do not belong in your so-called segment. You plainly stated you are in the market for a 60k sedan. The LS hasnt been 60k since it's 2013 refresh. The up and coming S class is even further away from the 60k mark. So are you going to tell me that you dont belong in this thread either? 60 does not equal 70. Dont tell me that you "owned an LS" before. That is meaningless. I could tell you I have sat in an LS as well. This is not the past. This topic was on the subject of the 2014 S. You haven't sat in one either, so you "shouldn't belong here". Have i or anyone ever pulled that on you? Nope.

I have been respectful to your posts even when you have not been so kind as to return the favor. Don't go around telling me that I am argumentative when you are taking the things I say personally. You also do not hesitate to attack me at any given opportunity. You have been on the offensive the whole time. I have merely supported/defended my position. It is not I, who has been argumentative. On almost EVERY single one of our spiels, I have PLAINLY stated that i mean no offense to you, AND that i wish for the hostile air between us to dissipate. Instead, you are too bent up on attempting to show clublexus that sw10gs is better than trexlexus.
Old 05-11-13, 06:00 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,577 Likes on 1,856 Posts

Originally Posted by trexlexus
What you DONT see, nor do you understand is the fact that by your own statements, you do not belong in your so-called segment. You plainly stated you are in the market for a 60k sedan. The LS hasnt been 60k since it's 2013 refresh. The up and coming S class is even further away from the 60k mark. So are you going to tell me that you dont belong in this thread either? 60 does not equal 70. Dont tell me that you "owned an LS" before. That is meaningless. I could tell you I have sat in an LS as well. This is not the past. This topic was on the subject of the 2014 S.
You just totally don't get it. I brought up our previous discussion on another topic, $60k midsized sedans as an example of another time where you did the same thing. I realize that the segment the GS is in is a separate segment. When the topic of engines and the LS came up, you posted:

Lol regarding the engine thing, i really couldn't care less as long as it is quiet. I drive super slow anyways so 500 horses would just be a waste of gas for me.
The discussion is not how the vehicle should be outfitted for you. That is the issue. You're running around here like you know what you're talking about when you have never driven a single vehicle in this segment...not a single one. What you care about has no bearing on what Lexus should be putting in the LS, we want to have a discussion about how Lexus can make the LS better...and sell more of them to actual consumers.... We're all current consumers, past consumers, consumers of competitor's vehicles, or at least we've experienced these cars. You have no basis for any opinions how the LS fits in with its competitors...because you haven't experienced any of them.

Instead, you are too bent up on attempting to show clublexus that sw10gs is better than trexlexus.
Not at all, I am not better than you, but I am a lot more experienced when it comes to this topic than you. I have driven and owned these vehicles for many years, I have driven everything in the LS' segment multiple times going back multiple generations. I'm not a fan of people that run around talking out their butts about crap they don't know anything about. Do all of us a favor, and go out an experience things for yourself before you spout opinions as a part of a discussion with those of us that have. Once you have experienced it, I'll be happy to have a discussion with you about my opinions vs yours. Until you have some basis for an opinion, all you are doing is talking about nothing...and degrading the quality of the discussion everybody else is having.

I'm done. Don't bother responding because I won't respond on this matter again...just please calm down and actually think about what I'm saying and I think you will see the logic of my frustration.

Last edited by SW17LS; 05-11-13 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-11-13, 06:27 PM
trexlexus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS

The discussion is not how the vehicle should be outfitted for you. That is the issue. You're running around here like you know what you're talking about when you have never driven a single vehicle in this segment...not a single one. What you care about has no bearing on what Lexus should be putting in the LS, we want to have a discussion about how Lexus can make the LS better...and sell more of them to actual consumers.... We're all current consumers, past consumers, consumers of competitor's vehicles, or at least we've experienced these cars. You have no basis for any opinions how the LS fits in with its competitors...because you haven't experienced any of them.
Again... I have to say this AGAIN. Not sure how many more times i do. I never said that Lexus should tailor make anything to my tastes. Nor did i say that the vehicle should be for me. All i said was the fact that a car is slow does not bother me. I didnt even say that Lexus SHOULD do anything.

This really goes back to the fact i brought up earlier: You take everything i say personally. Realize that i said in paraphrased form: "i dont care about hp". You read it as: "Hey sw10, I dont care about hp". I was not addressing you personally, and i was just talking about my opinion. Just because i have not experienced it does not mean i do not have the right to talk about it. And just because i am talking in general does not mean i am trying to argue with you. If i was really degrading every topic i entered into, i would have been approached by mods telling me to stop.
Originally Posted by sw10gs
I'm done. Don't bother responding because I won't respond on this matter again...just please calm down and actually think about what I'm saying and I think you will see the logic of my frustration.
I am not the one who is uncalm. Nor am i the one who is actively trying to "put others in their place". All i have done is voice my opinion, not at anyone in particular. You have decided i am on a mission to tell the world what Lexus should do for me, when i clearly am not. You cant throw fire at me and expect me not to defend myself. Your attacks on me have been unprovoked, yet they are continuous.
Old 05-12-13, 08:35 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,310 Posts

Guys I closed this thread because it has degraded into a long series of personal callouts. I'd like to make a few requests of members:

1) If you do not value another member's opinion or you find their perspective or communication style annoying, I strongly encourage you to use the ignore list feature of Club Lexus rather than continuously get into ongoing confrontations which will put your forum access at risk.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...?do=ignorelist

2) This is the Car Chat forum and there is no restriction on owning a Lexus to participate. You don't have to be in a specific income bracket or be shopping for a specific vehicle in order to share your opinion. Members constantly comment on many aspects of many vehicles here without the restriction of being on the waiting list to buy one. It's a discussion forum, that's expected. Those folks that HAVE owned, or driven or are shopping them can contribute with that perspective and likely will have a greater depth of expertise to share. But that absolutely does not mean your thoughts should be the only ones heard.

3) This IS a Lexus forum filled with Lexus enthusiasts. However, that doesn't mean members can't find fault or discuss improvement areas for individual models or the brand in general. You don't have to own a Lexus to be a real Lexus enthusiast, nor do you have to like every Lexus model ever made. A balanced perspective and discussion of what changes can take things to the next level is absolutely welcome, and I think Lexus as a company can (and does) very much appreciate that input. On the flip side of this issue, we have (and will) show the door to members whose sole purpose in participating in brand discussion on CL is to inflame conversations with negativity about the brand.