Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-13, 06:53 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honda/Acura's track record:

Over promise, Under deliver

I don't expect any different from the NSX.
Old 08-08-13, 03:18 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce van
Honda/Acura's track record:

Over promise, Under deliver

I don't expect any different from the NSX.
Honda USA/Acura and Honda Japan are two different entities altogether and sure NSX is being developed by the first ones, together with the engine, which doesn't mean much but Sport Hybrid SH-AWD drivetrain comes straight out of Japan. If they really screw that one up then there is nothing else to say but it wont happen since Honda Japan plans to sell it worldwide and they would not allow something like that to happen. Technically NSX came back because Honda USA pushed and begged for it, I would not be surprised that Japan is over their butts watching them what they are doing and sayin yay or nay
Old 08-08-13, 09:23 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

It sounds pretty good-throaty and rumbling, almost like a v8 (although it's a v6)

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
Seriously, an Accord trying to catch the NSX Lets see the NSX with a GTR or LFA..
That was the first thing that I thought. I don't know WTH was that about.
It just made the NSX look bad, slow, underdeveloped, etc.. (well, it is pre-production)
Old 08-16-13, 06:45 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Honda NSX Concept-GT breaks cover

Click here to view more photos

To race at Suzuka

Honda has announced the NSX Concept-GT race car which will compete in the GT500 class of the Super GT Series fifth round this weekend at Suzuka.

As you would imagine, the racecar is based on the Acura NSX concept and complies with the 2014 regulations established by the Japan Automobile Federation regarding GT500 cars. The vehicle is powered by a 2.0-liter mid-mounted inline direct-injection turbocharged four-cylinder engine working together with a hybrid setup.

No further details were released, but we notice the addition of a wide body kit including a huge rear wing, a lowered suspension, a carbon fiber front spoiler lip, side vents and multi-spoke alloys shod in Bridgestone Potenza tires.

The road-legal Acura NSX is scheduled to go on sale in 2015, with production taking place in Ohio, United States.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11308166...t-breaks-cover
Old 08-16-13, 06:46 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Honda Previews New NSX Super GT Race Car

Honda has given us our first look at the new race car it plans to compete with in the premier GT500 class of Japan’s Super GT touring car series from next year onwards. The new race car is still in the concept phase but it already closely resembles the final version due on the grid next year.

It is called the NSX Concept-GT and is based on the second-generation Acura NSX sports car due out in 2015. It complies with Super GT’s revised regulations coming into play next year, as prescribed by the Japan Automobile Federation. The regulations now more closely match those of Germany’s DTM series and call for turbocharged 2.0-liter engines and optional hybrid systems.

Along with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, mounted in a mid-engine position, the NSX Concept-GT is also equipped with a racing hybrid system. It’s unclear if this system is similar to the three-motor setup destined for the new Acura NSX.

The NSX Concept-GT previews the race car that will replace Honda’s HSV-10 GT, which currently competes in Super GT and was the replacement for the original NSX after it bowed out of the series. The HSV-10 GT is based on a stillborn sports car that Honda had hoped to launch as a second-generation NSX but the project came unstuck following the financial crisis of 2008.

Note, Lexus today revealed its own RC-based race car that will compete in Super GT next year.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...er-gt-race-car
Old 08-16-13, 07:18 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2014 Honda NSX Super GT Race Car Revealed

The Honda NSX Super GT race car has finally been revealed at Suzuka Raceway, as the teams begin testing their vehicles for the 2014 season.

The Japanese automaker has already confirmed that it’ll be replacing its HSV-010 GT race car with the NSX in the GT500 class for the 2014 Japanese Super GT Series. As we know, starting with the 2014 season, competitors in the GT500 class and all cars racing in DTM will use common technical regulations.

While the road car is expected to use a V6 hybrid setup and the HSV-010 GT was powered by a 3.4-liter V8 engine, the new car is powered by a mid-engine 2.0-liter direct-injection turbocharged 4-cylinder, mated to a hybrid system.

One thing to note however is that the HSV-010 GT was a front-engine, rear-wheel-drive race car and Honda has expressed a desire to run a mid-engine setup for its NSX. The race car is expected to make around 500 horsepower, similar to the rest of the GT500 field.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-revealed.html
Old 08-16-13, 08:58 AM
LexFather

Honda NSX racecar.... Lexus debuts Lexus racecar

Amazing to this over 25 years later they still have no dealership network in Japan.

Old 08-16-13, 09:13 AM
doublehh03
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-17-13, 02:54 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That looks promising. I'm so glad the HSV never made it to production. I never wanted to see a front engine NSX to begin with. I'm glad Honda has put the engine in the right place for this Hybrid NSX. I'm not sure how it will stack up performance wise, but I would bet the driving feel and driving dynamics will be great as it is with all mid engine cars.
Old 08-17-13, 08:24 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
That looks promising. I'm so glad the HSV never made it to production. I never wanted to see a front engine NSX to begin with. I'm glad Honda has put the engine in the right place for this Hybrid NSX. I'm not sure how it will stack up performance wise, but I would bet the driving feel and driving dynamics will be great as it is with all mid engine cars.
Riiighhhht. Honda fanboys are just happy the name nsx is being used, no matter if its now an awd hybrid made in Ohio and still a Honda rebadged as an Acura. Funny to now see all the rationalizing on how hybrids are awesome and v-10s suck blah blah blah..

Lets hope it drives really well when it's finally a production model before Armageddon

Old 08-17-13, 10:59 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

I guess Honda missed the chance to square off with the LFA...looking forward to RC F vs. NSX
Old 08-17-13, 12:00 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Riiighhhht. Honda fanboys are just happy the name nsx is being used, no matter if its now an awd hybrid made in Ohio and still a Honda rebadged as an Acura. Funny to now see all the rationalizing on how hybrids are awesome and v-10s suck blah blah blah..

Lets hope it drives really well when it's finally a production model before Armageddon
You have checked back my history on posting about anything NSX related and about my feelings toward the motors used right? If not, you will see that I have always stated I didn't mind what motor was used even V6, Turbo, whatever as long as the power was there, performance was there, and the motor in the middle. When it came to the HSV, I have always stated that I didn't want them to call that car an NSX because it was more of a GT car with the large motor in the front. I've been extremely consistent on that both here on on NSX Prime. I'm not a Honda Fanboy, I'm and NSX enthusiast. I know what the NSX was all about, why people like it even if the a Hyundai Turbo Genesis is probably faster than a stock NA1. Nothing drives like a mid engine. Cars may handle as well, but you wont get that same driving dynamics that a mid engine gives you.

Sorry, but I never cared for the HSV as an NSX replacement. Maybe as its own new sports car, but not carrying the NSX name.
Old 08-20-13, 11:26 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I'm sure everyone's disappointed that the sweet sounding V8 in the HSV never made it to production though. The new hybrid SH-AWD system is technically great but sounds horrible for a sports car.
Old 08-20-13, 01:00 PM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

This is probably one of the ugliest race cars I've seen. It has the Acura grille, which makes every single car it's on look terrible.

Bad association done here by Honda.
Old 08-20-13, 01:21 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

i was thinking today, The 1st NSX came out in 1991, the last NSX produced in 2004-'05. Its 2013 now and almost 2014. How many years does it take to produced a car? (So far They had almost 9 years and counting..)

At this rate, we might get to see a REAL NSX by 2020.. hahahaha

Quick Reply: Acura NSX News