Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX News

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-13, 07:11 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Lol, Vine inpspired
Old 07-30-13, 07:44 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
same could be said for lf-lc, so not sure why the cheap shots at this point.
What does the LF-LC have to do with this topic ?

I think that was an unnecessary jab at Lexus.
Old 08-03-13, 11:19 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New clip of the Acura NSX prototype on the track

It sounds surprisingly very good. I believe Acura will make sure they get this car right.
Old 08-03-13, 11:44 AM
LexFather

It was stated that this is not the engine note of the production car at all. Sounds good for a racer.

Old 08-03-13, 11:49 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm really hoping the NSX is to Acura as the LFA was to Lexus. A signal of change
Old 08-04-13, 12:38 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blueprint
It was stated that this is not the engine note of the production car at all. Sounds good for a racer.
LOL seriously? Ahahaha that's so sad.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I'm really hoping the NSX is to Acura as the LFA was to Lexus. A signal of change
I highly doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the LF-LC production car match or outperform this new "NSX".
Old 08-04-13, 01:49 AM
doublehh03
Pole Position

Old 08-04-13, 01:55 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
LOL seriously? Ahahaha that's so sad.
Yep. If it wasn't obvious, Honda PR dubbed over the video. But according to posters over on the Honda forums, Honda PR claims the audio is of the actual production engine (while also acknowledging that the final car won't sound like this) and that the prototype they're going to show today at the IndyCar race also has the actual production engine. Of course, what that means is up for debate (is it the full V6+hybrid? or just the V6? either way, how tuned is it by HPD? etc.) The press release from Honda last week claimed it is the full V6+hybrid, but even people over on the Honda forums are disputing that.

In any case, this car is supposed to be out in well less than two years. They better be testing prototypes with the production engine if not full production spec by this point.
Old 08-04-13, 02:21 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Yep. If it wasn't obvious, Honda PR dubbed over the video. But according to posters over on the Honda forums, Honda PR claims the audio is of the actual production engine (while also acknowledging that the final car won't sound like this) and that the prototype they're going to show today at the IndyCar race also has the actual production engine. Of course, what that means is up for debate (is it the full V6+hybrid? or just the V6? either way, how tuned is it by HPD? etc.) The press release from Honda last week claimed it is the full V6+hybrid, but even people over on the Honda forums are disputing that.

In any case, this car is supposed to be out in well less than two years. They better be testing prototypes with the production engine if not full production spec by this point.
There is a confusion but it was confirmed by PR that audio wasn't dubbed its just a sound note of non production engine, now speculation is its a SGT/DTM spec racing engine inside.

Here are the pics of of NSX GT500 testing
Acura NSX News-2qnw5lh.jpg

In other speculations there is a rumor that NSX wont use RLX 7spd DCT transmission but rather its own (rumored 9spd DCT) because that way they can mount engine north to south and it gives them more flexibility when it comes to tuning and switching the engines.
Old 08-04-13, 02:28 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I'm not following any of this stuff, but at this point I don't believe a word of Honda PR.

I expect the "NSX" when it arrives in production form, will sound lame, will disappoint overall, and will be outperformed by lesser competitors. After all, this has become the Honda way.

Whatever that engine sound is, it doesn't even sound that great. It sounds too tinny and raspy to me, which is common for Honda engines. Not my thing.

Originally Posted by Vladi
There is a confusion but it was confirmed by PR that audio wasn't dubbed its just a sound note of non production engine, now speculation is its a SGT/DTM spec racing engine inside.

Here are the pics of of NSX GT500 testing

In other speculations there is a rumor that NSX wont use RLX 7spd DCT transmission but rather its own (rumored 9spd DCT) because that way they can mount engine north to south and it gives them more flexibility when it comes to tuning and switching the engines.
Wow, what an ugly monstrosity that GT500 car is!
Old 08-04-13, 02:47 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
It definitely sounds and appears dubbed. The video could be dubbed with the actual production engine noises or an HPD GT spec engine; that's a different issue.

Either way, obviously this is not the engine in final production configuration. That's why most people don't even care.
Old 08-04-13, 04:45 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It definitely sounds and appears dubbed. The video could be dubbed with the actual production engine noises or an HPD GT spec engine; that's a different issue.

Either way, obviously this is not the engine in final production configuration. That's why most people don't even care.
Exactly. I meant dubbed as in dubbed over with non corresponding audio, either way its a race engine note most likely.

And as far as GT500 goes all cars will look ugly due to ugly DTM specifications but NSX being mid engine makes it a monstrosity. SuperGT was the fastest grand touring racing series in the world (just a few seconds slower than WEC LMP2 category) but who knows what 2014 will bring, except the ugliness. It is still expected that SuperGT will be faster than DTM due to the tires.
Old 08-04-13, 12:57 PM
LexFather

Exactly

Old 08-04-13, 09:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

Why would they use a fake engine note. I am sure the car will be amazing BUT they need to focus on the cars in their line up that actually sell. Halo cars are great but if the line up is still weak it not going to have the same affect
Old 08-04-13, 09:18 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Why would they use a fake engine note. I am sure the car will be amazing BUT they need to focus on the cars in their line up that actually sell. Halo cars are great but if the line up is still weak it not going to have the same affect
Just watch the videos of the real live exhaust sound. Too me I don't really know if they used a fake dubbed audio over their official press video they released, but if they did perhaps it's because the real exhaust note as you can hear on many of the other videos around sounds like a race prep engine with open pipes too me. Sounds like a race car and not really a production mufflered DOT legal car. If they did use a dubbed audio sound it could be because that is the target exhaust note they are hoping it achieve and not the race prepped engine and exhaust sound they have currently.

One thing is the rims they have on the car now is so much better than that stupid concept rims they had. Now they have some real rims.

Quick Reply: Acura NSX News