Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GM promises new Buick Regal and LaCrosse along with new GMC Canyon, Sierra and Yukon

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-12, 08:17 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default GM promises new Buick Regal and LaCrosse along with new GMC Canyon, Sierra and Yukon

GM promises new Buick Regal and LaCrosse along with new GMC Canyon, Sierra and Yukon in next 12 months

While Chevrolet and Cadillac are the defining brands for General Motors, Buick and GMC seem to be the middle siblings of the auto giant and, therefore, are often overlooked and underappreciated. This might be changing over the next 12 months, though, as these brands are set to receive nine new or refreshed models in this timeframe.

The sole new model to join the lineup is the sub-$25,000 Buick Encore crossover, but the Regal and LaCrosse are all getting mid-cycle updates at some point over the next year, not to mention the refreshed Enclave that we've already seen. Not to be left out, the Buick Verano will be getting a little more pep under the hood courtesy of a turbocharged 2.0-liter engine.

As for GMC, its full-size truck lineup is being completely overhauled. We've already seen spy photos of the new Chevrolet Silverado testing, and GMC confirmed that the Yukon, Yukon XL, Sierra and Sierra HD will all be introduced by next fall. All four GMC models will continue to be offered with the added luxury of the Denali trim level as well.

Perhaps the biggest news that came from this announcement was that the GMC Canyon is confirmed for a next-generation model, and it will be built alongside the all-new Chevrolet Colorado at GM's Wentzville, Missouri assembly plant.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/21/g...-new-gmc-cany/
Old 09-21-12, 08:53 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Perhaps the biggest news that came from this announcement was that the GMC Canyon is confirmed for a next-generation model, and it will be built alongside the all-new Chevrolet Colorado
Totally, totally agree. As I see it, the Colorado/Canyon (which was also sold as the former Isuzu I-series) is one vehicle that sorely needs a better-quality update. It is one of the most unimpressive pickups still on the market. There are many areas it lacks in......I won't go into all of them here.

Last edited by mmarshall; 09-21-12 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-21-12, 11:23 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Totally, totally agree. As I see it, the Colorado/Canyon (which was also sold as the former Isuzu I-series) is one vehicle that sorely needs a better-quality update. It is one of the most unimpressive pickups still on the market. There are many areas it lacks in......I won't go into all of them here.
It was and still is lackluster. The Colorado that debuted in Thailand is nice