Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LF-CC Paris Motor Show

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-12, 11:42 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus LF-CC Hybrid Coupe Confirmed For Production: Report

Lexus is set to start development on a production version of the LF-CC hybrid coupe concept, according to reports.

Autocar has revealed that Lexus has assigned a senior engineer to the project, and that work will begin in early 2013.

The LF-CC concept was first unveiled at the 2012 Paris Auto Show, and is expected to form the basis of a replacement for the IS range.

The concept car used a hybrid drivetrain, and the production version will also be a hybrid--continuing the firm's commitment to the technology.

Autocar reports that the production car will use a version of the GS hybrid drivetrain, based on a 3.5-liter V-6, but the concept car uses a newly-developed 2.5-liter, four-cylinder engine. Lexus hints the new engine will be introduced into its range in the near future. The luxury car maker promises a mix of strong performance and high fuel efficiency.

It will also, like the current IS, be rear-wheel driven, and is sure to offer sporty handling to match its looks. It's likely to be based on a re-engineered version of the current GS platform.

Styling is unlikely to change too much from the concept car, though some of the concept's wilder attributes will likely be toned down for production. The LF-CC will fill a gap left by the old Lexus SC coupe-convertible.
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...duction-report
Old 11-30-12, 11:56 AM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Thank you for the info Vh_Supra, but like I did with the "new LS", I'll take a leave of absence until actual results are produced, as Lexus thinks 2 years of development on a new model is sufficient and couldn't bother sooner. I hope everything goes well engineering wise as 30 months isn't enough IMHO.
Old 11-30-12, 01:26 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmk1
Thank you for the info Vh_Supra, but like I did with the "new LS", I'll take a leave of absence until actual results are produced, as Lexus thinks 2 years of development on a new model is sufficient and couldn't bother sooner. I hope everything goes well engineering wise as 30 months isn't enough IMHO.
Really? As mentioned they won't be developing a new chassis or drivetrain for it. It's gonna essentially be a 2-door GS. Don't think it'll take more than 30 months just to shave off 2 doors. All they're gonna do in the next 2 years is to make sure the body panels and interior trims are production-feasible and get the tooling ready that's all. The harder part of the development work has already been done.
Old 11-30-12, 02:48 PM
LexFather

Lol clearly we knew it was being made

Great news. Need f sport and real f version

And a hybrid coupe. Why not!

Old 11-30-12, 05:18 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Lol clearly we knew it was being made

Great news. Need f sport and real f version

And a hybrid coupe. Why not!
Dude I seriously can't wait, this is a car that I WILL buy enthusiastically.
Old 11-30-12, 10:07 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

It's going to handle great too if it takes any cues from the GS
Old 12-01-12, 12:19 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

A little late to be just "assigning an engineer" to the project now isn't it?

Is Lexus just being coy? Shouldn't it be obvious that the car has been well into development already? Don't we already have "RC350" trademarked?

It's like the "baby-RX" thing, speculation that Lexus is still "mulling the idea" of producing an Evoque competitor, even though we already saw a Rav4 prototype with door-mounted mirrors being tested against the Evoque, and the "NX200t and NX300h" names trademarked?

Are we supposed to believe in this "official info" BS or have I just been reading too many car gossip sites? lol
Old 12-02-12, 06:47 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by IceIridium

Is Lexus just being coy? Shouldn't it be obvious that the car has been well into development already? Don't we already have "RC350" trademarked?

It's like the "baby-RX" thing, speculation that Lexus is still "mulling the idea" of producing an Evoque competitor, even though we already saw a Rav4 prototype with door-mounted mirrors being tested against the Evoque, and the "NX200t and NX300h" names trademarked?

Are we supposed to believe in this "official info" BS or have I just been reading too many car gossip sites? lol
Thank you! That's exactly what I've been saying. Someone is lying and making up stories for the public. I am taking these statements with a grain of salt. It terms of engineering anything, what they mean is that a final design for the RC has been chosen and will be engineered into production form. The NX ISN'T being considered, it's due in 13-19 months at most and it could be seen well before then.
Old 12-03-12, 06:41 AM
LexFather

Our more coupes prayers are being answered.

I honestly don't understand not using the SC name. It's a great name and has a solid rep.

Old 12-05-12, 02:08 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2014 Lexus IS VS Lexus LF-CC

Old 12-05-12, 02:28 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by IceIridium

basically they dont want you to wait for next product but to buy this one... thats why for instance in Europe, Toyota Europea said "I repeat, Rav4 Hybrid is not being developed right now", just so you buy what they have NOW, instead of waiting for Coupe, for Hybrid, for Turbo, etc, etc.
Old 12-05-12, 03:18 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Our more coupes prayers are being answered.

I honestly don't understand not using the SC name. It's a great name and has a solid rep.
I think it makes a lot of sense if the SC is going to move up and become the production LF-LC. The LF-LC has a real coupe profile, a quality which both of the first-gen and second-gen SC share, while the profile of the LF-CC/RC looks to me more like a 2-door sedan a la the 3-series coupe, which the SC should not be.

Last edited by ydooby; 12-05-12 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-05-12, 11:29 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ME WANTZ THOSE GAUGES IN ME F!!

Old 12-06-12, 08:39 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus Offers Up Details On A "Possible" IS-F Coupe

During the LF-CC’s North American at the 2012 SEMA Show, Lexus Marketing Boss Brian Bolain offered almost every possible detail on an upcoming performance two-door vehicle without necessarily confirming the production model. The new model will replace the outgoing SC and will most likely be offered with an IS-F Coupe nomenclature.

When talking about the sports car’s exterior design, Bolain said that the LF-CC Concept is a clear indication of what the future model will look like, especially when it comes to the monoform grille which will first be used in the upcoming 2014 IS F-Sport sedan. Also, the upcoming performance coupe will feature the company’s new signature Spindle Grille recently seen on the new GS sedan.

"Design is not something we’ve ever been given credit for. Design has got to become one of our hallmarks. With LF-LC and LF-CC we’re starting to prove to outsiders we can do it."

The future IS-F Coupe’s power source is still under consideration and Bolain confirmed that everything is possible, starting from a four-cylinder engine all the way up to a V8 engine.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...-ar137495.html
Old 12-06-12, 09:42 AM
LexFather

^^^ Odd to release that now since the source is from SEMA which was 30 days ago. Doesn't seem too accurate.

We know these coupes will be slotted maybe between IS/GS and above GS.

Quick Reply: Lexus LF-CC Paris Motor Show