Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-12, 07:23 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by meowCat
There's more to it than handling.

lol?

Here's more about the FR-S...

That's EMBARRASSING... It uses PRIUS tires.... and they did admit it does not have good grip due to skinny tires. This ain't no sportscar.... it's "sporty" "econobox", and has very boring design.

It says due to slipperiness it gives you lively, playful feel??? not good for laptimes.

are you serious or are you joking? It reads as if you are trying to be funny.

If you are serious, wow.
Old 06-29-12, 08:40 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a standard yellow Veloster on the interstate. He was entering from the ramp. I WOW'ed the hell out. I thought it was an exotic car, seriously. Couldn't believe it was a Hyundai
The Veloster Turbo (and the standard Veloster) does look better than the Lexus LF-A, especially from mid to rear. Veloster gives more "exotic" look whereas the LF-A looks just another boring Japanese sporty car. The styling is way too boring and does not stand out. Definitely not worth $400k. Veloster only costs 23k.
Laugh it up. It's all fun. But still, i am serious.
Not that I'm trying to troll, but really really honestly speaking, the LF-A does not give exotic look. The build-quality and engineering is certainly is exotic, or top-notch, but that doesn't necessarily make the "appearance" of the vehicle exotic to some people... or many people (myself included). The side and rear end looks really boring.
Veloster has that exotic look. You need to check it out in person, and also see for yourself one on the road... It looks like an exotic car from the future, year 2052. The impression is about as good as the Koenigsegg CCX.
If you are referring to styling, the FR-S does look incredibly ugly. The front end looks very cheap econobox... The side and rear looks too plain and boring. Nothing stands out. I would avoid getting that car at all costs.
Don't know what part you think I'm trying to be funny, but seriously, I find FR-S look extremely boring and looks cheap. The front is just terrible.

If you are talking performance, skinny tires can't give you good grip. You said "sportscar".... not enough grip for a sportscar, especially at the tracks. Is it fun to drive? I'm sure. That's about it, the driving fun side of it. If I get out of the car and look at the exterior.... Oh my God..... looks ugly. I would walk over to the Turbo Veloster and go emmm~~~~ Looks incredible. And the fuel economy there is no comparison. It is better by 11 MPG and has about as good handling with descent power. The power is actually pretty damn good for a 38 MPG sporty car. FR-S is 27 MPG. That is when you use the word "horrific".

btw, that FR-S side looks like a copycat of Ferrari 550 Maranello. Hyundai uses their own unique design but the Toyota and Scion are still copying other manufacturers designs...

Last edited by MPLexus301; 06-29-12 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-29-12, 08:56 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

ok, enough about the fr-s, which doesn't compete with the veloster, at all.
the fr-s is more like a cheap lotus elite. nice indeed though!