Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lindsay Lohan wrecks another expensive car.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-12, 01:07 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

News on her today. I have a feeling she won't live very long. Not that I want her to die, just my guess from observation.

Like how Michael Jackson's death wasn't THAT unexpected.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/gos...-20129.gallery
Old 06-15-12, 02:55 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, I'm sure somebody does. These aren't just parking tickets. This girl has wrecked a cool 500K (possibly more) worth of premium-level cars, cost CA taxpayers a good sum in court-ordered detox treatments that don't seem to be working, and will cost the taxpayers more if the judge ever sends her to jail (as stormwind puts it) for more than two minutes at a time.
Its amazing people follow her just to crap on her. I know people broke who have gotten into more accidents than this and people not famous with great cars that wreck them all the time. I'm not picking on you but maybe it would help if people and the media let her "go away" and not pay attention.

Hate it for the 991 of course but jeez....I don't care.

Old 06-16-12, 07:52 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Its amazing people follow her just to crap on her.
A whole lot more people, though, especially teens and young adults, idolize her. And as far as "crapping" goes, you might be able to say the same thing about Paris Hilton...she's also the object of a lot of gossip.

I don't hate either of them, myself, though I find their lifestyles somewhat decadent. I just hope that they can finally get their heads screwed on straight. And, befoe this latest accident, Lohan did seem to be making a lot of progress.

I know people broke who have gotten into more accidents than this and people not famous with great cars that wreck them all the time.
..............cars that cost 150-200K?

I'm not picking on you
I understand. No problem. Though you and I don't always agree on some automotive-issues, you're usually very fair with me.

but maybe it would help if people and the media let her "go away" and not pay attention.

Hate it for the 991 of course but jeez....I don't care.
In general, I don't care much about Hollywood celebrities and their sometimes-decadent life-styles either, and I avoid gossip-shows like "Entertainment Tonight" and "Hollywood Access" like the plague. But, as a car enthusiast, it's hard for me to just sit back and watch her wreck a whole stream of mega-priced vehicles while many people today are struggling with the monthly payments on even entry-level stuff like Kia Rios and Hyundai Accents.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-16-12 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-16-12, 03:38 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Obviously, she a bad driver. But who gives a Flying #$%^ What she does? Leave the poor girl alone and find something useful to talk about (harping on this makes you look like a cyber-bully with NO LIFE!!)
Old 06-16-12, 06:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
But who gives a Flying #$%^ What she does?
I didn't write the article. I simply posted it....with a small write-up on my part. I see nothing wrong with that.

Leave the poor girl alone
................until she wrecks another 100K+ car? OK, that's fair enough....Deal.

find something useful to talk about

this makes you look like a cyber-bully with NO LIFE!!
I'm quite satisfied with my life, thank you.......especially the part of it I spend on CAR CHAT. And you can hardly call my comments bullying.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-16-12 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-16-12, 07:20 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

I hope she doesn't get an LF-A. Not a matter of "if" but when.
Old 06-18-12, 09:26 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RA40
A LFA is not in the price range that she shops at, her most expensive car so far was that famous SL65 at roughly $200k, since then each successive cars she have been seen in are getting cheaper and slower. Her last car, a Porsche Panamera 4S, is not even a Turbo, is just around $100k.
Old 06-18-12, 11:53 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RA40
Well, Paris Hilton got one from her then-boy-friend. I'm sure that Lohan must have one or more guys in her life.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-18-12 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-18-12, 12:15 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Well, Paris Hilton got one from her then-boy-friend. I'm sure that Lohan must have one or more guys in her life.
Paris got way more money then Lohan
Old 06-18-12, 10:09 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BNR34
Paris got way more money then Lohan
All the more reason Lohan's boyfriend (or significant other) will have to do it, if she gets an LF-A.

But who's going to spend 300-400K (or more, with mark-ups), on an LF-A (the factory may even be sold out), just to see her drive it into a wall tomorrow?

And, as far as Paris's money goes, from what I've read, because of her reckless conduct, her family has already written her out of at least part of the family's big inheritance. We know, for instance, that she won't inherit (or manage) the actual hotel-chain after her parents have passed away. She does, though, have other sources of income.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-18-12 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-19-12, 06:50 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lol at the energy spent discussing what Lohan does with her private vehicles.... Does someone have a good reason why?
Old 06-19-12, 09:00 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
lol at the energy spent discussing what Lohan does with her private vehicles.... Does someone have a good reason why?
I've only posted one thread on this particular subject, at least in the last year or two. And we (and, by "we", I mean the CAR CHAT forum) sure spend our share of time talking about idiots who wreck exotics like Enzos, Lambos, and McClarens.

And, the Porsche she wrecked the other day was not "private".....it was rented.
Old 06-19-12, 09:40 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
This is call recreational chit chat, making fun of other people

If you think about it, this entire section of car chat, is pointless. If you come in here, you are just looking to waste time for fun.

And for everyone that asked why we care and talk about Lohan, I don't know why you are posting in here if you don't care. I igonre everything that I think is pointless and don't care about that doesn't give me amusement.

Last edited by BNR34; 06-19-12 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-19-12, 07:05 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BNR34
If you think about it, this entire section of car chat, is pointless. If you come in here, you are just looking to waste time for fun.
Though, of course, it is not reflected in this specific thread about Lohan, many posters come to CAR CHAT for advice, and some of them even make buying-decisions based on input and discussion here.
Old 06-20-12, 09:46 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Though, of course, it is not reflected in this specific thread about Lohan, many posters come to CAR CHAT for advice, and some of them even make buying-decisions based on input and discussion here.
I guess I could agree with that.

I guess since I don't need any car advice, I come in here solely for amusement and to chit chat. I know everything I want to know about cars, the only thing I need is the money to buy them

Quick Reply: Lindsay Lohan wrecks another expensive car.