Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Finally pulled my trigger, Blacksc400's new ride!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-12, 07:34 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
It might be my favorite D-class flagship,great pick up. Love the color combo!

Another moderator without a Lexus?
I will be back to Lexus soon, maybe after the LS come out, I was so close to get a GS350F, but feel like the 7 is a better choice even though it cost a bit more.
Old 04-24-12, 07:43 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Originally Posted by rominl
the idrive in your car is much improved already. try to first gen and that's going to **** you off big time. you will eventually get used to most of the stuff i think. i am used to a lot of stuff in my s550 command already as well. some stuff still the touch screen will be better

can't wait to hear you talk more about the drive!
I did try out my friend's 07 idrive, it was a pain. The drive? All I would say is awesome. The handling, steering, power, the overall confident are all there. I floor it on the highway, by the time I know, I was doing 130+. the car is quick for its size. Already looking at dinan stage 1, 495hp, 500+ tq! Everytime I drive it, it brings a smile on my face.
Old 04-24-12, 09:13 PM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beautiful car + best color combo
Old 04-24-12, 11:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I did try out my friend's 07 idrive, it was a pain. The drive? All I would say is awesome. The handling, steering, power, the overall confident are all there. I floor it on the highway, by the time I know, I was doing 130+. the car is quick for its size. Already looking at dinan stage 1, 495hp, 500+ tq! Everytime I drive it, it brings a smile on my face.
yup, that's the way i got through the damn idrive in my m3 for 3 yrs, haha... bmw definitely knows a thing or two on how to enhance the driving experience. the 7 is a big car, let alone the lwb. but the car just drives very naturally. on the old one, it was not as refined and clean, but the new one has much better insulation and interior is huge step up. great job by bmw

lol on the dinan part, it's only going to be matter of time
Old 04-24-12, 11:59 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Wondering what's the mpg is going to be like, I am only getting 16.8 mixed driving, and that's mostly in comfort mode! I know BMW warranty dinan within factory warranty period, but does it apply to CPO warranty too? One thing I am scared is it only bump the turbo psi, but no additional cooling etc, will it be reliable in Vegas heat? Maybe I should ask BATMAN about his experience with it.
Old 04-25-12, 12:02 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

One cool thing is the sport & sport + really change chararistic of the car, push of a button and completely different animal. I hardly feel any difference when do it on my previous Lexuses.
Old 04-25-12, 08:28 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice... Im jealous.
Old 04-25-12, 08:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

hahaha, gas mileage is overrated j/k

good question on the dinan tune and cpo. please keep us posted!!
Old 04-25-12, 09:31 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

blacksc400,

Welcome back bro! All that talk with Sienna and Avalon made me worry, glad to see you are back in a "real" car JK

So you picked the Individual over the M-Sport huh? The Individual got fancy paint and a fancier interior that you can't get from a M-Sport right? I briefly looked into it.

Dinan chip is a must, the Dinan warranty covers anything that breaks, so don't worry. The only thing is on those 335i, it must have an OEM oil cooler to run the chip or something like that. I would imagine a loaded 750 must have the OEM oil cooler. 100hp/100tq gain from a chip, that's a must. Same power as the Alpina B7!

I am getting into Euros too, they are getting crazy nice, those AMG S-Class are amazing! With the way Lexus being reluctant on upgrading their powertrain, and the gap of reliability is pretty small now between Japaneses and Euros, the choice is becoming clear. Especially for you that don't keep any car longer then 3 years, the only reason to own a Lexus is because they last a very long time without repairs, that's really when they really shine.

Last edited by BNR34; 04-25-12 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-25-12, 09:40 AM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new car, looks really sharp.
Old 04-25-12, 11:12 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Originally Posted by BNR34
blacksc400,

Welcome back bro! All that talk with Sienna and Avalon made me worry, glad to see you are back in a "real" car JK

So you picked the Individual over the M-Sport huh? The Individual got fancy paint and a fancier interior that you can't get from a M-Sport right? I briefly looked into it.

Dinan chip is a must, the Dinan warranty covers anything that breaks, so don't worry. The only thing is on those 335i, it must have an OEM oil cooler to run the chip or something like that. I would imagine a loaded 750 must have the OEM oil cooler. 100hp/100tq gain from a chip, that's a must. Same power as the Alpina B7!

I am getting into Euros too, they are getting crazy nice, those AMG S-Class are amazing! With the way Lexus being reluctant on upgrading their powertrain, and the gap of reliability is pretty small now between Japaneses and Euros, the choice is becoming clear. Especially for you that don't keep any car longer then 3 years, the only reason to own a Lexus is because they last a very long time without repairs, that's really when they really shine.

Hi Jeff, you are leaning towards Euro as well? It's true the gap of liability is small now, specially when under warranty, there isn't anything I should worry. I got bad taste from Euro before, (S430, 2003 530I, 325I ), so for me to make the move says a lot.

So you mean the Dinan will be covered under my CPO warranty as well? Then hell I would do it! Can't imagine what the car will be like with added 100 HP, and the good thing is, since it only takes the dealer couple hours to do it, my wife won't even know what I did to the car.
I chose the Individual over the M sport is because the option level and to me, pearl white wins over any other color. I love the M sport exterior, but the interior is where I will spend the most time in so the choice was clear. I can always add lip kit to enhance the look later as well.
Old 04-25-12, 01:57 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Congrats Andy. I saw that in your sig and said "huh"?

Man, you could've have a mini dealership with the way you go through cars

I agree, the 7 series is a big lady but she can sure run
Old 04-25-12, 02:00 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi Jeff, you are leaning towards Euro as well? It's true the gap of liability is small now,
Oh yes, if things continue to go the way it is now, my next car purchase will be Euro. Up to 5 years ago, I always feels the Japanese engineering is superior to the Euros. But now that the Euros have caught up and the Japanese have starting to slack off. Things are turning around. I am spending some times in my friend's recently purchased AMG CL63, that car is awesome in everyways. It is basically the best Lexus ever offer, but double in everything.

specially when under warranty, there isn't anything I should worry. I got bad taste from Euro before, (S430, 2003 530I, 325I ), so for me to make the move says a lot.
Yes those are some of Euro's worst period. That's why I had Japanese.

So you mean the Dinan will be covered under my CPO warranty as well?
You have to look into it. But from what I understand, once you have a Dinan product, Dinan offer their own warranty that cover that particular area. It got nothing to do with your CPO warranty.

Then hell I would do it! Can't imagine what the car will be like with added 100 HP,
It would feels 25% sweeter. The torque comes on earlier too. Power and torque........more is always better

and the good thing is, since it only takes the dealer couple hours to do it, my wife won't even know what I did to the car.
The car is getting a oil change honey

I chose the Individual over the M sport is because the option level and to me, pearl white wins over any other color. I love the M sport exterior, but the interior is where I will spend the most time in so the choice was clear. I can always add lip kit to enhance the look later as well.
Make sense. BMW really should offer everything together, but that probably make the car crazy expensive, like those AMG The M-Sport is a few other things too though, not only the body kit, but a sport steering wheel, seats and suspension tuning as well right?
Old 04-25-12, 02:09 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Hmm, my car does have sport package, active rear steering, etc, so maybe the previous owner did order them on the car. And M-sport only offer 19' wheels I think, so Individual 20' is better.

Interior is a huge step up compare to LS430 UL ( My car does have additonal leather around the dash and door panels ), my wife was amazed when she first sat in the car, and she didn't wanna get out.

Lexus is also catching up though, look at their recent products, very impressive. But what they need to do is up their engine to match.
Old 04-25-12, 02:11 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Congrats Andy. I saw that in your sig and said "huh"?

Man, you could've have a mini dealership with the way you go through cars

I agree, the 7 series is a big lady but she can sure run

Yep, thanks!

I wish I ordered a SE Sienna instead the lowly LE model, or I would at least hang on to it longer.

Who knows, I kind of miss the Van's interior space, so maybe I will get another one later, and it has to be a SE!

Quick Reply: Finally pulled my trigger, Blacksc400's new ride!!