Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Motortrend sport sedans comparo: Lexus GS Dominates

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-12, 01:40 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally!! Way to go Lexus!!!
Old 04-09-12, 01:59 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really enjoyed reading Infiniti M35 review. Lol. What a stupid car. I think I'd still take 535i. 2nd place is good enough for me. Great great job, Lexus!
Old 04-09-12, 02:24 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Very unexpected win for Lexus, good to see!!

THIS ladies and gentleman, is why the new GS and new ES will be cross-shopped less than before, and why ES sales won't affect the GS as much as some on here think. When did the 3GS EVER win a sports sedan comparison against the 5 Series? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it ever did.
Old 04-09-12, 02:30 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove both the regular GS350 and the F-Sport...and it really is nimble and the lightness of the car really shows (I drove it back-to-back with the 535i).
Old 04-09-12, 02:36 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Props to Lexus, but naysayers will still bash it.
Old 04-09-12, 02:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Finally. I thought the 5 series would have taken it as usual. I dont think the 3GS ever won a comparison.....ever...
Old 04-09-12, 03:10 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i'm am not surprised. it's about time this GS got it's well deserved props. CONGRATZ to the 2013 GS.
Old 04-09-12, 03:35 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I wonder why the E class was not included?
Old 04-09-12, 03:43 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Quote from the review:

"Had we been able to get an E350 (Mercedes-Benz PR declined our invite, saying they'd prefer to participate when the refreshed E debuts sometime next year), it still would have finished ahead of the Infiniti."
Old 04-09-12, 05:08 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats Lexus for making a great car and getting a well deserved win!
Old 04-09-12, 05:42 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Finally, the GS has come back to sports sedan com-paro (the rocks voice) and won

reminds me of 98 again when the Gs was a problem
Old 04-09-12, 07:37 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
LOL, because the lousy E is just outclassed here.
Old 04-09-12, 09:29 PM
LexFather

Notice that the "old engine" GS with "only" 306hp puts up just as good numbers as everything not Audi. These findings are exactly how I feel with all my reviews of 3 of the 4 cars (no Audi yet). The Inifniti is nice but overpriced with a ridiculous ride. The 5 series is pretty much the perfect car but now a fluffy George Foreman. The GS is the best driving car in class, period with a tremendous interior and great tech and features. Man that chassis is BEGGING for more power!!!

I have to give MT kudos here for pretty much pissing the entire internet car world off and giving the GS its just due. It is that damn good. Real enthusiasts can recognize just how good this vehicle is.

Whats puzzling is the M37/56S has gotten beat on since day one for the 350Z suspension and they have yet to fix it. Lexus heard the message with the IS F and got to work to make things better. I assume since the car is selling so poorly and they have another Q45 on their hands they refuse to invest in it? The tranny also has gotten ripped in multiple cars in multiple reviews. They need to fix these glaring issues and they could fare much better in reviews. With the 5 getting fluffy it would have been nice to see a Lexus/Infiniit 1/2 finish. They really made it a 3 car race and beat up the car like the G25.

I glanced around briefly and its funny to read "oh well who cares if the GS is sportiest, people don't drive their cars like that"

Congrats Lexus! I hope this new blend of sport while keeping traditional Lexus attributes is found in all cars and they continue to trickle LFA DNA in all the vehicles!

Old 04-09-12, 09:35 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Notice that the "old engine" GS with "only" 306hp puts up just as good numbers as everything not Audi. These findings are exactly how I feel with all my reviews of 3 of the 4 cars (no Audi yet). The Inifniti is nice but overpriced with a ridiculous ride. The 5 series is pretty much the perfect car but now a fluffy George Foreman. The GS is the best driving car in class, period with a tremendous interior and great tech and features. Man that chassis is BEGGING for more power!!!

I have to give MT kudos here for pretty much pissing the entire internet car world off and giving the GS its just due. It is that damn good. Real enthusiasts can recognize just how good this vehicle is.

Whats puzzling is the M37/56S has gotten beat on since day one for the 350Z suspension and they have yet to fix it. Lexus heard the message with the IS F and got to work to make things better. I assume since the car is selling so poorly and they have another Q45 on their hands they refuse to invest in it? The tranny also has gotten ripped in multiple cars in multiple reviews. They need to fix these glaring issues and they could fare much better in reviews. With the 5 getting fluffy it would have been nice to see a Lexus/Infiniit 1/2 finish. They really made it a 3 car race and beat up the car like the G25.

I glanced around briefly and its funny to read "oh well who cares if the GS is sportiest, people don't drive their cars like that"

Congrats Lexus! I hope this new blend of sport while keeping traditional Lexus attributes is found in all cars and they continue to trickle LFA DNA in all the vehicles!
You said it . Amen.
Old 04-09-12, 09:47 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Of course lexus is #1...

Quick Reply: Motortrend sport sedans comparo: Lexus GS Dominates