Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Lincoln MKZ Leaked

Old 10-16-12, 11:14 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

45 is a solid number
Old 10-16-12, 04:52 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Ford/Lincoln is beating Toyota/Lexus in the hybrid MPG game!

Gotta love the rivalry. It's good competition to keep everyone on their toes...
even more impressive, there's no price premium for hybrid with the lincoln.
Old 10-16-12, 05:00 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

If the MKZ looks as good in person as the Fusion, this will be one beautiful car! On their web site, I priced a V-6 with NAV and sunroof at about $41K which puts it close to the ES350 with similar equipment. In addition to the push button gear selector, the MKZ has a couple of unique technology features: drive select and active noise cancellation.

I personally think this is a good start for Lincoln's entry level car. Now they need a flagship!

Steve
Old 10-16-12, 05:02 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
even more impressive, there's no price premium for hybrid with the lincoln.

There is no price premium over the 2.0L Ecoboost! The hybrid is actually cheaper than the V-6!
Steve
Old 10-16-12, 05:22 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I think it as 20 or some odd less hp than the 2.5 hybrid power train in the ES
Old 10-17-12, 05:49 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by RXSF
I think it as 20 or some odd less hp than the 2.5 hybrid power train in the ES
188hp total system output. So 12
Old 10-17-12, 06:02 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

very nice.. i would agree with others that the interior looks darn good
Old 10-17-12, 11:49 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

The EPA sometimes gives higher-than-actual numbers for American vehicles. For instance, the GMC Terrain was rated (and heavily advertised) at 33MPG highway, which is highly improbable for a 2-ton conventional SUV, even with a four cylinder engine. Actual numbers tested by independent sources were much lower.

Styling wise, I think they did a nice job on both the interior and exterior.

Last edited by Chocolate; 10-17-12 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-19-12, 04:19 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Had a chance to test drive the new MKZ hybrid at car show event in LI last weekend.

Observations:
- Attractive exterior and interior styling, although may be too much for conservative buyers. I personally like it, especially in Silver.
- Interior is VERY CHEAP, hard plastics everywhere around the dash....The new ES is 100000x better.
- Hybrid system is NOT smooth at all and also makes loud noise. Not something you want in a luxury car.
- Lack of standard shifter is gimmicky IMO.
- I got $20 VISA CARD as a thank you,, which was a pleasant surprise

The crazy part is they had a professional video playing the whole time comparing this car to the Audi A6 and Lexus GS.......What the hell are Lincoln execs smoking??? How do you not know ur target market?
Their competition should be Acura RL, Buick Lacrosse, and the Lexus ES maybe a stretch even.

I predict this to be another SALES FAILURE!
Old 10-19-12, 04:27 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Had a chance to test drive the new MKZ hybrid at car show event in LI last weekend.

Observations:
- Attractive exterior and interior styling, although may be too much for conservative buyers. I personally like it, especially in Silver.
- Interior is VERY CHEAP, hard plastics everywhere around the dash....The new ES is 100000x better.
- Hybrid system is NOT smooth at all and also makes loud noise. Not something you want in a luxury car.

The crazy part is they had a professional video playing the whole time comparing this car to the Audi A6 and Lexus GS.......What the hell are Lincoln execs smoking??? How do you not know ur target market?
Their competition should be Acura RL, Buick Lacrosse, and the Lexus ES maybe a stretch even.

What was Lexus thinking when they compared the ES to the CTS and C-Class?????? It's competition is the Lacrosse, TL, and MKZ.

There reasoning was some of the dumbest I've ever heard. The Cadillac has some of the lowest lease rates, and the C-Class is one of the best entry level luxury sales vehicles. Something the ES has been in the past. Complete and utter BS. These cars are apples and oranges. Lexus and their marketing team are smoking something themselves... Smh. Terrible launch event
Old 10-19-12, 05:53 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Observations:

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
What was Lexus thinking when they compared the ES to the CTS and C-Class?????? It's competition is the Lacrosse, TL, and MKZ.

There reasoning was some of the dumbest I've ever heard. The Cadillac has some of the lowest lease rates, and the C-Class is one of the best entry level luxury sales vehicles. Something the ES has been in the past. Complete and utter BS. These cars are apples and oranges. Lexus and their marketing team are smoking something themselves... Smh. Terrible launch event
If history serves my memory correct, everyone shoot for cars out of their league. I remember years ago reading Accord ads comparing them to 3 series and E-class cars. Not a totally bad thing if you think about it. If one clueless person were to compare these cars just based on prices and looks, the lower class vehicle may win everytime.
Old 10-20-12, 03:13 PM
dc893
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Observations:

Saving space on the interior is gimmicky? Just different.
I have driven plenty of Lincoln MKZ hybrids that are near silent.
Did you really even drive a 13 MKZ? Production has not even started.
Maybe a preproduction car? (they usually have some problems) They haven't started producing 13 MKZs yet.
BTW the Lexus ES is not a stretch by any means.

Many 13 MKZ cars are on preorder right now.

I do work at a Lincoln dealership. I thought Lincoln was a joke until I really started learning the technology that Lincoln has come to use. I do honestly believe that Lincoln is very underestimated.

I predict a SALES SUCCESS for the 13 MKZ.
Old 10-21-12, 07:57 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dc893
Saving space on the interior is gimmicky? Just different.
I have driven plenty of Lincoln MKZ hybrids that are near silent.
Did you really even drive a 13 MKZ? Production has not even started.
Maybe a preproduction car? (they usually have some problems) They haven't started producing 13 MKZs yet.
BTW the Lexus ES is not a stretch by any means.

Many 13 MKZ cars are on preorder right now.

I do work at a Lincoln dealership. I thought Lincoln was a joke until I really started learning the technology that Lincoln has come to use. I do honestly believe that Lincoln is very underestimated.

I predict a SALES SUCCESS for the 13 MKZ.
Yes it really was 2013.

Again these are my observations. There was no space really saved and the interior materials used are not very good.

How is Lincoln underestimated? They have 5 Models = 3 SUVs and 2 Cars, which all are based on Fords. Lincoln has poor designs and nothing that really distinguishes them as a LUXURY automaker.
Old 10-22-12, 10:11 AM
dc893
Lead Lap

the 2013 mkz shares 15% of the same materials with the 13 fusion. that would mostly be nuts, bolts, and hinges. so for 13 the mkz it is not based on the fusion. wait a couple more years and lincoln and ford will have almost nothing in common. no dealerships have 13 mkzs yet. so how did you drive one?

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 10-22-12, 11:57 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dc893
the 2013 mkz shares 15% of the same materials with the 13 fusion. that would mostly be nuts, bolts, and hinges. so for 13 the mkz it is not based on the fusion. wait a couple more years and lincoln and ford will have almost nothing in common. no dealerships have 13 mkzs yet. so how did you drive one?

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Well Lincoln is bringing them to peoples homes around the country so they can drive them and I believe they are doing tours in other places of the country as well. So I don't doubt he drove a 2013.

WRT noise: They didn't bring the Hybrid though I had asked for one if available but I had a 3.7 AWD and it was quieter than I would have thought with only the engine noise intruding. I'm pretty sure these are early builds so creaks, groans and even wind noise etc... are probably to be expected but still... you'd think they would cull any cars that weren't representative of the "Lincoln Experience".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Leaked