ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   Any 2013/2014 Lexus LS information/rumors/stories? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/624460-any-2013-2014-lexus-ls-information-rumors-stories.html)

mordecai 04-18-12 08:51 AM

I don't understand what is new about those headlights, other than the new LED lights shown in the headlamp cluster (which looks pretty cool). The triple LED has already been in the LS600h and other Lexus cars, unless I missed something about them being different in the new LS. Even the Acura RLX will have these LED headlamps (5 per side, "more is more" philosophy? :D) so that is not what I am excited about the most. As we've seen a glimpse of the front of the car (almost 100% confirmed), I'm mostly excited about the rest of the car, including interior, sides, rear, and whatever new technology the LS will have. THAT is what I was hoping Lexus would talk about within the next several months as their German rivals have already started talking about technologies and what to expect in their flagships.

ydooby 04-18-12 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by mordecai (Post 7171295)
I don't understand what is new about those headlights, other than the new LED lights shown in the headlamp cluster (which looks pretty cool). The triple LED has already been in the LS600h and other Lexus cars, unless I missed something about them being different in the new LS. Even the Acura RLX will have these LED headlamps (5 per side, "more is more" philosophy? :D) so that is not what I am excited about the most. As we've seen a glimpse of the front of the car (almost 100% confirmed), I'm mostly excited about the rest of the car, including interior, sides, rear, and whatever new technology the LS will have. THAT is what I was hoping Lexus would talk about within the next several months as their German rivals have already started talking about technologies and what to expect in their flagships.

Agreed. Regarding the headlights I'm hoping Lexus is finally making the high-beams LEDs too instead of halogens. Hard to tell from those screenshots but I'm not holding my breath.

cino 04-18-12 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by mordecai (Post 7171295)

I have heard that LED headlight in LS600h isn't as good and effective as HID, so Lexus might figure it out how to make the light more effective in this generation LED headlight. Lexus LED headlight II?

Carmaker1 04-19-12 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns (Post 7111232)
I love how they implemented the chrome surround, very fluid and sculpted, even more so than the LF-LC.

Considering when the LF-Lc would've been designed, which would be sometime last year. I would think that it was influenced by the next LS. Why do I say that? It's because I believe that the chances of a production LF-Lc having it's designed finalized is a 40-50% chance, so for that reason I'm sure the designers were told take elements of a top model and implement it on LF-Lc as a preview of things to come. I do know that the 2002 SC430 was previewed in October 1999 in 90-95% production form as the Sport Coupe Concept and then debuted in October 2000, but for that one I'm not too certain we will even see it by next March.

Helmar 05-16-12 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by cino (Post 7171836)
... I have heard that LED headlight in LS600h isn't as good and effective as HID...

True that.

I prefer the (bluish) brightness of my previous LS430 HID headlights.

Also, the high-beams aren't LED, so it looks strange with the high-beams on, a mixture of the pure white LED's, and yellow regular headlight highbeams.

HBH

Tee 05-16-12 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Helmar (Post 7236459)
True that.

I prefer the (bluish) brightness of my previous LS430 HID headlights.

Also, the high-beams aren't LED, so it looks strange with the high-beams on, a mixture of the pure white LED's, and yellow regular headlight highbeams.

HBH

You have to remeber that LED headlight tech has come a long way since the debut of the 2007 LS600h back in late 2006 and that tech was cutting edge back then. If you notice now on thenew Lexus Hybrids with LED headlights they have gone from three to two larger clusters, also Audi A8 and A7 have very bright LED headlights. Look for LED's to replace HID's as the upgrade low beam in the future for luxury cars, then as the tech ages it will trickle down to non luxury brands.

Carmaker1 05-23-12 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tee (Post 7236487)
You have to remeber that LED headlight tech has come a long way since the debut of the 2007 LS600h back in late 2006 and that tech was cutting edge back then. If you notice now on thenew Lexus Hybrids with LED headlights they have gone from three to two larger clusters, also Audi A8 and A7 have very bright LED headlights. Look for LED's to replace HID's as the upgrade low beam in the future for luxury cars, then as the tech ages it will trickle down to non luxury brands.

The only thing is, when will it trickle down to non luxury brands? The BMW 7-series introduced Xenon lights in 1991, which by 10 years later you saw them on Nissan Maximas. Hopefully the same happens faster than that.