Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

This is the new Ferrari F620 GT, plus specs

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-12, 10:07 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by BNR34
With 180 more hp and a quicker shifting tranny, the F12 have to handle like a stretched limo Hummer on snow tire to have a slower ring time then the LFA.

By continuing to mention the LFA you are simply endorsing its greatness. Its great to see it brought up in every Ferrari thread, something completely unimaginable ten years ago.

Ferrari if you remember, does't release Ring Times and will explain they have no competition. They are not worried about the LFA, Lamborghini or any brand. You also may want to review this write up by Chris Harris, who is recognized as one of the most honest and best automotive testers/writers in the universe. Funny but this below sound familar

http://jalopnik.com/5760248

The control freakery is getting worse: for the FF launch in March journalists have to say which outlets they are writing it for and those have to be approved by Maranello. Honestly, we're perilously close to having the words and verdicts vetted by the Ferrari press office before they're released, which of course has always been the way in some markets.
Sad to say it, but the ecstasy of driving a new Ferrari is now almost always eradicated by the pain of dealing with the organization. Why am I bothering to tell you this? Because I'm pissed with the whole thing now. It's gotten out of control; to the point that it will soon be pointless believing anything you read about its cars through the usual channels, because the only way you get access is playing by its rules.
What is amazing is the LFA was chosen over the GTO in EVO, maybe the most critical and sportiest magazine around. The LFA was slower but for people that don't think 0-60 and HP is everything the LFA was chosen by them to be the better all around and more special car. The LFA is not a magazine ricer/racer car which is fine, some people need 0-60 and HP to validate themselves and their arguments.

This car seems quite stunning but the front really isn't great and I also miss the quad circular lamps. Surely performance will be amazing.

In closing this Ferrari will be amazing and most who buy it either won't care about the LFA even if its faster at the Ring or they will also have a LFA while we ***** about it on the internet.

Good day

Old 03-01-12, 12:31 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
LFA vs F620.

bets? anybody?
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
By continuing to mention the LFA you are simply endorsing its greatness.
I didn't bring it up, G Star did. See post #17 above^^^^. I was just responding to his comment.

In my opinion, the LFA is in a niche of it's own, it is pointless to compare it to anything.

Its great to see it brought up in every Ferrari thread, something completely unimaginable ten years ago.
Hyundai is being compare to Lexus LS, MB S-Class and 7-Series today, nothing is unimaginable. The Equus was even being compare to a Mulsanne in that one video, even though it wasn't serious.

Ferrari if you remember, does't release Ring Times and will explain they have no competition. They are not worried about the LFA, Lamborghini or any brand.
Correct. Ferrari have no competition.

What I want to know is, why do you always get so worked up everytime someone **** on the LFA?

Welcome back 1SICKLEX, this is the 1SICKLEX I know. I was worry there you liking the Renntech CLS63 so much, I thought you lost the Lexus fanboy perspective.

Last edited by BNR34; 03-01-12 at 12:36 PM.