Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nalley Lexus Roswell GA= BIG thumbs down (UPDATE: issues resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-11, 03:26 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nalley Lexus Roswell GA= BIG thumbs down (UPDATE: issues resolved)

Had the car two weeks, so here we go (note: I WILL give it time to see if they get this solved)

CPO car (2008), 63K miles

Drove the car off with a broken console between driver and passenger seat, when bought, assured it'd be fixed by week's end. Been back THREE times to fix (minimum 1 hour each time), assured twice correct part was in... to date, wrong part. Friday, the 3rd trip, he apologized after I'd been there 45 mins to say wrong part still, but he'd run and get my car... which took 20 MINUTES.

Was to be called today to schedule next service... called at 10am to speak to my service advisor (Marvin). He was with a customer. Asked for voice mail, got disconnected. Called back, asked for Marvin's vm, got disconnected. Called again, asked for GSM, spoke to him to voice concerns. In ADDITION, new problem: car's barely turning over like bad battery or alternator. Remember, this is CPO, owned it TWO WEEKS

GSM calls me back, says part is in, can't find Marvin but assures Marvin will call me back to schedule appointment.

5;30pm- call again, ask for Marvin, he's with a customer (every time I've called, he's with a customer)... speak to another guy. He asks if I want to schedule, said can I speak to Marvin... "Oh, he's OFF TODAY", this after twice earlier I was told he's with a customer... so schedule with new SA for 7:30am tomorrow

Is this how far Lexus has slid??? If so, and I'll see how tomorrow turns out, but already HUGE drop in quality and service in 4 years. If all goes well tomorrow, no worries.

If it doesn't go perfectly (this is my 4th trip in 2 weeks I've had the car), then I have made a major mistake coming back....
Old 10-10-11, 03:35 PM
Allen K
-0----0-
Forum Moderator

Received 799 Likes on 558 Posts

It's a crappy dealer. Contact corporate if they keep failing
Old 10-10-11, 03:36 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I deleted your other post since it's duplicate.
Old 10-10-11, 03:47 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like a dealer issue not a Lexus as a whole company.

And its a 3-4 year old car with 63k miles, Lexus CPO or not, you may have some problems.....

Maybe stop in and talk to the GM, do you have a history with them?
Old 10-10-11, 04:01 PM
LexFather

Should have hit me up, I would have hooked u up with Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett.....we bought my first GS 400 from Nalley and NEVER again...treated me like crap most of the time and I'm happy to have purchased/serviced what 4-5 Lexus from Hennessy instead and spend THOUSANDS of dollars there instead.

My cousin didn't listen to me and bought his RX 400h there and he hated the experience, I helped him get a better deal but they lied about some stuff etc....so they bought their ES from Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett and service their RX at Hennessy.

Sorry to hear this but not surprised at all.

I'll send this link to a guy that works with them & see if they can help.

Since you are back here, come to the huge meet Hennessy of Gwinnett is having! We will have the LFA and 2013 GS there!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sou...th-3-30pm.html

Old 10-10-11, 04:23 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,643 Posts

hennessy ftw!
Old 10-10-11, 04:23 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah it sounds like you got a crappy dealer. I get nothing but awesome customer service at the Lexus dealers around my area, but there's always that one dealer that makes the brand look bad. If they don't fix your issue, i agree with Allen, contact corporate. Hell even if they fix the issue, call corporate and lodge a complaint, corporate will follow up on it.
Old 10-10-11, 04:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

just like i have stated over and over again. dealership services are so SA dependent. i have no doubt lexus still has better services overall, but i have seen plenty of bad ones. similarly, i have seen great SA at bmw (and mb)
Old 10-10-11, 06:37 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Sick, thanks for the hit towards Hennessy.... car fax was clean and the records so maybe an anomaly... if it doesn't get fixed tomorrow, I'd look forward to speaking to your guy.

Nalley has lately had a good rep from locals here in Roswell... but I guess true colors can always rear their heads

And yes, Lexus Corp is already noted, started a file and VERY interested, especially considering I'm a former IS owner and know the car (and Lexus service) well...
Old 10-11-11, 02:50 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

never buy broken car to begin with :-)
Old 10-11-11, 03:17 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
never buy broken car to begin with :-)
That should have been fixed before you drove off the lot at purchase. Actually, you should have never seen it before they fixed it.

The sign saying they were a terrible dealer was right there, you just ignored it.

Don't blame Lexus for your mistake. Caveat emptor.
Old 10-11-11, 07:40 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Default Update

TWO calls already today PROFUSELY apologizing

Part for console was in, FIXED

Battery was DEAD, replaced, NO CHARGE even though not covered by CPO. "Least we can do in light of things"

Comment- "NEITHER item should have been missed during inspection, and it shouldn't have taken 4 trips to fix...please accept our apologies"

They are returning my car to me rather than me driving loaner back

So... I will eat a "small slice" of humble pie as they seem to be making things right... although Mike, I'd still like you to PM your contact's name when possible.. thx!!!

Keep everyone posted on future events... back to your regularly scheduled program
Old 10-11-11, 08:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i always try to give people chances. if they call with apologies i think i am ok. glad it all worked out russ
Old 10-11-11, 08:52 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
i always try to give people chances. if they call with apologies i think i am ok. glad it all worked out russ
Thx Henry... how's the fam?

All: Car is back, all seems like new
Old 10-11-11, 09:13 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Sorry you went through this, Russ, I've posted here in CAR CHAT, a number of times, on the so-called "CPO" vehicles that, under my inspection, I haven't been very impressed with.

That doesn't mean, however, that the CPO process itself is a scam.....generally, it's not. They usually are in better shape, overall, than regular used-cars on the lot, and carry an impressive warranty. Of course, you pay extra for CPO's...they require more labor and inspections to get them ready for re-sale. But, despite the dealer/manufacturer hype and ads, the simple fact of a car having a CPO tag does not necessarily mean new-car-like perfection in a previously-owned vehicle. I've seen some CPOs that actually "passed" the official dealer-inspections, yet still showed some signs of accident-damage, broken parts (like your console), bubbles/rust in the paint, underhood fluid-leaks, etc....

Quick Reply: Nalley Lexus Roswell GA= BIG thumbs down (UPDATE: issues resolved)