Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Polltime! Will next Vette be mid engined?
Yes
20.00%
No
70.00%
Will be a hybrid
5.00%
Don't care
5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Rumor Mill: Next Chevy Corvette C7 To Be Mid-Engine & Rival Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-11, 11:19 AM
LexFather

Post Rumor Mill: Next Chevy Corvette C7 To Be Mid-Engine & Rival Ferrari

http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/197...-rival-ferrari

Did you ever think that the Chevrolet Corvette would become a global rival of Ferrari? What about the Corvette being a mid-engine supercar? Well, that is what may happen if the circulating rumors of the upcoming C7 Vette hold true.

The upcoming ‘Corvette C7′ to be built starting in the year 2013, is said to be a true global competitor. Not only will it compete with the likings of Ferrari and Lamborghini supercars, but the new Corvette is rumored to adopt a mid-engine layout. This would be a major shift in General Motors’ tradition ever since the conception of Corvette, one of the few historic American sports cars.

Other rumors mills are steadily turning up the idea that Chevy could bring back the old split-window style found on the 1963 Vette and a hint at using advanced V6 alternatives. Do I hear forced induction in the Corvettes future?
To complete things, the new C7 Vette should have a “world class” interior design, which in the current Vette, GM global design chief Ed Welburn admits, “is a disappointment”.

The Bowling Green, Kentucky plant is having $131 million invested in it by GM to prepare for the Corvette C7 launch. That alone should tell you we should expect some major revamping of ‘something’.

Old 05-11-11, 11:48 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I've been reading too... to "appease" the masses, we've seen both the new interior (big ) and Magnetic Ride now available on the 2012 Z06... I really like the Vette's direction
Old 05-11-11, 12:07 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Naw I think the Vette will retain the front engine RWD set-up. I think if they wanted to offer a mid-engined car they'll use a different model/nameplate. The Interior of the next C7 will be miles ahead of what it replaces for sure
Old 05-11-11, 06:05 PM
Kymber317
Driver School Candidate

As long as the interior is better, I'm happy.
Old 05-11-11, 06:59 PM
JessePS

They should build this and the Cadillac Sixteen. What is wrong with Government Motors, I mean General Motors. Start building quality vehicles and maybe, just maybe people will buy your crap!
Old 05-11-11, 07:39 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If they do it im all for it, always loved the vette and this something new to bring to the name of this classic.
Old 05-16-11, 01:36 PM
OH 97SC300
Driver School Candidate

I would find it very hard to believe that they would go to a mid engine set up. It's too much of a staple of who they are.